Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 113 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 6:29 PM | Locked

Weezee, I think my favorite to make was the traditional Dresden plate. The one I disliked making was the circle of flying geese because it is paper pieced. But, the circle of geese is my favorite block. I love how it turned out, if I could just get my head around the concept of paper piecing, I would consider making more. Maybe I'll put that on my to-do list and start watching that lesson in the Craftsy class again.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Love what you did with your border, Karla.  It makes for a nice pop of color.  I hope we get to see it again when it's all quilted and bound.

Oh you will, if I ever get that far, LOL.  Remember, it was your suggestion in Oregon to add the hot pink, and I do rather like it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

Yes, didn't someone have a blue bag or something that had that little band of pink around it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

Yes, but I don't remember who it was.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Karla:
Here are a couple of the pics....now to get it on the frame and quilted.

You are too fast for me, Karla.  I had planned to work on mine today, but - - - -    Your border is just perfect for this quilt.  I might borrow your idea along with an additional narrow border to make my quilt the right size for a college dorm quilt - my goal for this quilt.  One of the 5 I need for this next Spring.

My glitch in plans for me was a call from Rich in his truck - - - "Get me a full set of clean clothes - - - ".  First day on the job after his hip surgery and he steps out of the truck right into a deep hole filled with water, mud, old rotten silage (anyone familiar with that knows the smell - it takes days to get rid of it), and other things best left to the imagination (Cow barnyard), then sat in it.  Now I have a stinky house, a basket full of wet, smelly, debris loaded clothes including his support stockings he still has to wear.  It is a good thing we have several extra pairs - due to his 3 surgeries and some of mine.  He had to have help stripping off these stinky, wet things then take a shower and be re-dressed.  I need to help him with the lower half.  Those stockings are even harder to get over damp feet.  I don't have any empty bread bags, so tried thin food-storage bags - - - they didn't stand the stress test!!!  Fortunately, he went down slow, just skinned his knee (same leg as new hip and one that had surgery 9 months ago), and had an Amish man with him to help him get up again.  He is now back on the road again hopefully with no lasting damage to his hip and knee.  I told him to take his cane to test his landing zone before getting out, but it is still here.  He does have a cattle cane, but that is usually hanging inside the trailer.

Now I have to hose off, and wash his clothes, wash floors, and otherwise deodorize the house!!!  Hopefully I can get back to quilting (he will be home in about 2 hours waiting for dinner!).  Not much chance to work on MQ 9, but maybe a few blocks on Loyal Union Sampler while resting up from the clean-up.  I needed to wash floors, but not all at once!!  His helper swept the offensive debris off the floor by the door for me.  He is a wonderful guy to have as a neighbor - - more like neighbors used to be in the old days.  Now most newer neighbors don't even know who you are and don't even care to know.  We are in the boonies where most of your neighbors are miles away instead of feet away.

Hope everyone else's day started out better - - I'm sounding more like CC here - - this is more like one of her tales of her days.  I nearly laughed when he came in the door.  I did say I had expected something like this - - - - this isn't the first time.  Happened after his first hip replacement also, but no liquids involved then, just hurt pride.  I was there to witness that time.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:01 PM | Locked

Marsha, the bread bag works better for home use. We couldn't do that in the hospital setting! Lol. Looks like Ginny has the full footed, no toe kind. The only tip I have for those are baby oil on the foot or Vaseline on the toes and heels. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Ginny, maybe baby oil or Vaseline on the foot prior would help then. Another idea is the shoe horn for the heel. Hope something helps. They are torture to put on. Did that for 25 years in the ICU for patients. Now we use a lot of plexi plus machines to do more passive exercises. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:25 PM | Locked

Marsha,

Sounds like you're going to be worn out be you get started. Hope you're napping about now. As for the stockings....my husband recently had to start wearing the compression stockings and we purchased, from the medical supply company, the gadget that helps you put the stockings on. Took him a few times to get used to it but couldn't live without it. He wears the ones with open toes.  I could see using the bags for a temporary amount of time but for long time use the stocking helper is a must.  Can't think of what it's called but it's a life saver.

Hope tomorrow is better :-).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 27,940
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Ramona:
the gadget that helps you put the stockings on.

Thanks Ramona and Michelle, That stocking gadget is something I should have.  I should be wearing those nasty stockings whenever I ride in the truck as my legs swell when my feet are down - another nasty minor problem with Fibromyalgia that not as many people have.  I used to wear them all the time until arthritis made it harder to do.  

Rich is now back home with an ice pack on his knee.  Thankfully he didn't seem to hurt either hip and just jammed his hand and hit the good half of his knee.  I think he will "test the waters" before he gets out of the truck in unknown barnyards.  This was a hole purposely made to lower the side of a feed wagon to enable easier loading.  It just looked like a large puddle to him.  Beware of those innocent-looking puddles!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:29 PM | Locked

Marsha,

DH started wearing them about two months ago and says his legs feel great. He didn't realize how much they were hurting until they didn't. We have to walk about 170 feet up hill from our cabin to where his barn and my quilt building are and he would have to stop and rest half way up the hill.  Now it doesn't bother him at all. He couldn't believe the difference.

Glad Rich is on the mend AGAIN. And, yes, I bet he doesn't park at another water hole any time soon. Glad he didn't break anything.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:44 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks Jacy and Nana.  As I dug further into my piles of stuff, I found a large baggie with pieces that I think were meant for the 2nd section. Will have to look at that more carefully. Here's an EQ file photo of the layout I had hoped to do. Only got as far as the only section. 

Judy this is a stunning quilt you designed. I hope you finish it. I promise I would take good care of it!  This is truly great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:57 PM | Locked

Wow! I love your pattern...AND the colors.

I am going to be quilting more as I am having foot surgery Dec. 2...for arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis; it just keeps getting me down.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

Pam good luck with your surgery.

Judy your quilt design is very nice. I love the way the circles are made.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Thanks weezee- it should be easy surgery and I plan to try to do an applique quilt while sitting w/ foot up.

Judyt- thought of publishing your pattern at Fons & Porter's? I just LOVE it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,447
Points 116,345
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Pam:

Thanks weezee- it should be easy surgery and I plan to try to do an applique quilt while sitting w/ foot up.

Judyt- thought of publishing your pattern at Fons & Porter's? I just LOVE it.

Pam, Thank you! But I can't write directions to save my soul. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 113 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use