Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 112 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:17 AM | Locked

Vivian, sorry about your sleepover, gall bladder pain is not nice.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:24 AM | Locked

Karla, happy birthday to DD1.  Congrats to your DGS's winning, I agree that grandma should get an award for all the carting around you do for them.  Maybe their winning was your award and their way of saying "thanks grandma".  

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Ginny, did anyone show you the trick with the plastic ziplock bag ?  You put your foot in a bag, then put the stocking on over the bag, then pull the bag out the hole in the toe of the stocking. That's how we always did for patients. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Karla:
but you're probably lucky you missed all of the chaos...I know that I'm not good with the chaos when everyone shows up here...the noise is deafening.

I am extra sensitive to noise, bright lights and confusion.  It is good Rich needed to keep his leg elevated.  Gave me a good excuse to stay here (of course he NEEDED company----he slept!).  I at least stayed sane and didn't have to leave because of the chaos and a headache to add to the misery.  MIL loved it.  She is doing so well for someone weeks away from 100.

Karla:
I just collasped and fell asleep in my recliner.

Wish I could do that.  For some reason I can't sleep anywhere besides the bed.  Rich can just sit down and his lights go out and the snoring begins.  We joke that he has an on-off switch on his behind that activates when he sits, especially in his own recliner.

Karla:
I did manage to get the 3rd side of the pieced border sewn on to MQ9 before the festivities, and hope to get it finished today so I can get back to the Loyal Union Sampler blocks.  I've got so many projects that are half finished, that I just feel I've got to get some of them finished.  With the holidays a coming and a new granddaughter on the way, I know that in December I'm going to have a tough time getting anything done.

You are way ahead of me with MQ9.  I have some of my blocks still in the quarter-block stage - nearly half done and I have laid them out and like them better than earlier.  I am still plugging away at the Loyal Union Sampler blocks.  I also have way too many projects going - MQ9, Loyal Union Sampler, 5 college quilts, etc, etc, -----

Have fun when that new granddaughter arrives.  Who cares if you get anything else done!!  These little ones don't remain little very long.  Our second great grandson will be born in Germany in early spring (fourth gr grandson but 2nd in Germany) and we won't see him until he is about 1 year old or more when grandson returns home from Germany.  He hopes to be stationed in one of the Carolinas so that he is closer to us and still near his wife's family in Georgia.  She is a true Georgia girl - - hates cold.  We didn't see first German-born great grandson until he was 1 year old either.  I miss those tiny cuddly babies.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Marsha, not sure if you are also trying to get those stockings in your legs or husbands legs? There is trick we do with patients. We put a plastic ziplock or bread bag on the foot, then put the stockings on over the bag. It will slide right over the toes and heel, the hardest part. Then pull the bag out the hole in the toe. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Michelle:

Ginny, did anyone show you the trick with the plastic ziplock bag ?  You put your foot in a bag, then put the stocking on over the bag, then pull the bag out the hole in the toe of the stocking. That's how we always did for patients. 

Thanks a lot for the tip, Michelle.  My arms, back and hands thank you.  I will use that trick tomorrow.  We have at least another month to go with Rich's stockings.  He surely can't put them on himself as he isn't supposed to bend his hip more than 90 degrees yet.  At least he has figured out how to put on some of his clothes.  It is a lot harder dressing adults than it is children, as you undoubtedly know!  I tell him I thought I was finished with dressing children - told him is just a larger child!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:56 AM | Locked

What a great quilt this turned out to be- awesome!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:57 AM | Locked

Michelle, thanks again for your tips.  I like the bread bag idea even better than the ZL bag - no hard corners to scratch or snag.  I spotted your note to me just after I posted my reply to your tip for Ginny.  These stockings are for Rich right now. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,850
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 2:49 PM | Locked

I got the final side of the border on MQ9, but no one in my house right now is tall enough or has a large enough arm span to hold it up for a picture.  I've taken a couple of pics with it draped across the queen sized bed, but you can't really see the borders...so I took some more with the bottom over the top of the foot board, looks strange but you can see the border, and finally I just folded it into fourths, lay it on the bed and took another.  Here are a couple of the pics....now to get it on the frame and quilted.

And now back to working on the Loyal Union Sampler blocks.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

That would be great Michelle, but my stockings are full footed.  Sure can't afford another pair right now as these are just Knee high and custom made and cost nearly $275.  Thanks for the thought though.   Next time I am going for the open toe.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,498
Points 46,930
Pat Lancaster replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:27 PM | Locked

Thanks for all the compliments on my BOM. I am happy with it. Now I'm going to try to finish the Christmas I started for last year. LOL

Karla, your MQ9 looks wonderful. I really like your border, the pink really pops!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 16,770
weezee56 replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Pat your quilt looks great. Which block did you enjoy making the most?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 16,770
weezee56 replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

Karla your MQ9 looks wonderful.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 253
Points 3,295
Barbara in Colorado replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:51 PM | Locked

Your choice of colors really compliments the pattern.  The border is an excellent extension.  Great job!

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Love what you did with your border, Karla.  It makes for a nice pop of color.  I hope we get to see it again when it's all quilted and bound.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 112 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use