Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 111 of 219 (3283 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,282 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 10:07 PM

Brigit Carol, that is a beautiful quilt.  wonderful colors.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 10:13 PM

So is mine. He jumps every time i even look like I'm getting a twinge. I'm ok with that. I don't feel 100 0/0 yet anyway.  Better without a bra and I am a big lady and it ain't pretty. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Finished my Craftsy 2012 BOM. 

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 197
Points 2,540

This is a great BOM - there are so many different techniques included in the various blocks.  It must have been fun to do.  You did a great job!

Barbara

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 7:34 AM

Nice job, Pat!  That white background gives it a thoroughly modern look.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:15 AM

Your BOM looks fantastic, Pat.   Looks really good put together.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:34 AM

Very nice, pat. I love samplers

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 8:36 AM

Looks very nice Pat. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:40 AM

Ginny:

Marsha, how lucky you are to have your family visiting from Germany and to have others to join in too.  Have all the fun you possibly can with that GGS.     So Rich is limoing around.  Is he using a walker yet?   Ginny

Sorry this is such a late response.  I have been so busy and trying to work through a nasty Fibro Flare that I haven't had the energy or time to catch up here.  I have been trying to catch up on Loyal Union Soldier's quilt, but haven't had time to read much more.  

We had a wonderful time with the great-grands, especially the one from Germany, but neither of us was able to cross the road to MIL's house where everyone was.  They brought plates of food over to us and all visited over here in smaller groups.  My Fibro wouldn't let me tolerate the confusion over there.  Our Texan daughter even came over one time to escape the chaos - the one yr old screamed most of the time.  He doesn't like his routine being upset.  His grandma, our PA daughter, says he does the same thing when he is dropped off at her house.  It takes her a long time to calm him down even though he has 7 yr old sister and 10 yr old brother there with him.  We got lots of hugs from 2 yr old from Germany, the 2 older ones from PA and a few grins from 1yr old between his tears.  He is mommy's boy and will tolerate his Grandpa, but no-one else including his father!!!  

At this time, Rich had already graduated to a cane!!!  It is amazing how much difference there is between the hip he had replaced 2 years ago and the one just replaced.  They have a newer type hip and a new placement of the incision which doesn't cut any muscles.  The first one had to have 3 muscles cut!!  He has now been walking for a week with NO CANE!!  Last Monday morning he got up to get the phone which was on the charger across the room and just walked without his cane without even realizing it.  His therapist came later in the day and he just walked without the cane and didn't even tell her what he had done.  She was surprised he walked so well.  Of course, he is a farmer - - - they are made tough!  Now he walks better than he has in many years.

Hope you are doing well.  I am still having a hard time with my Fibromyalgia because of all the walking up ramps when Rich was in the hospital - 1 floor raise by way of a long, long ramp with occasional flat places and benches for rest.  Even those coming in for surgery need to walk up, if they are able.  They do have wheelchairs with wide motorized wheels under the chair which pull the chairs up the ramp.  One day I almost needed one myself to go down the ramp and get out to my car just outside the door in the handicap area.  4 days of this was way too much for me, then the shots I had to give him for 2 weeks, compression stockings that had to go on in morning and off at night with weak arms and arthritic hands, etc.  Still struggling with stockings, but shots are done and he is now able to go up and down the 3 steps to the wood stove and occasionally put wood into it.  That helps me a lot.  Hope this Flare leaves soon - they last from 3 days to 6 months!!

Sorry I just went on and on here.  It has been a while - - catching up from Nov 2!!

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:51 AM

Marsha, It certainly sounds like Rich is doing well.  That's good, now maybe he can help you a little in doing things that arte too painful for you to do.   I know how difficult it is to get the stockings on.  I now am wearing them faithfully every day and it hurts my thumbs so bad to get them on.  I have had to really up the amount of prednisone that I have to take every day.  Hope and pray that your fibro leaves you quickly this time.   I figured you must have been really busy with company and Rich's needs to be able to answer.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:00 AM

It's a beauty Pat!  That white background really sets the blocks off and makes them shine.  good work!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:03 AM

Sorry you've had so much pain...my sister has fibro, so I sort of know what you are going through.  Glad Rich is recuperating so well.  I'm sure it will be great for you when he is in tip top shape again.  Wish you had been feeling better with grands and great grands were there, but you're probably lucky you missed all of the chaos...I know that I'm not good with the chaos when everyone shows up here...the noise is deafening.

Yesterday we had a birthday dinner and cake for DD1 (who turned 37) so it was another long day for this old soul.  I enjoy it, but when we got home I just collasped and fell asleep in my recliner.  DH woke me up at Midnight and told me to go to bed because unless I go to bed, he can't get the dogs settled in for the night.

I did manage to get the 3rd side of the pieced border sewn on to MQ9 before the festivities, and hope to get it finished today so I can get back to the Loyal Union Sampler blocks.  I've got so many projects that are half finished, that I just feel I've got to get some of them finished.  With the holidays a coming and a new granddaughter on the way, I know that in December I'm going to have a tough time getting anything done.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:05 AM

Marsha, I pray your Fibro leaves you soon.  (((((HUGS)))))  Good news about Rich, pray his total recovery comes quickly.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:10 AM

Brigit, your quilt is beautiful!  If you have any more of the fabric of the inner border, I think that might look really good as a solid square.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 10:15 AM

Jo, congrats on getting that Christmas gift quilted and bound.  Bummer on not having enough batting for your other quilt but just think, a trip to the store today may get you more than the batting.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Page 111 of 219 (3283 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use