Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 109 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 3:12 PM | Locked

Pam:

Pam,

I just finished making 6 flannel quilts in the Turning Twenty pattern for throws and two baby quilts. I just love some of these flannel and brushed fabrics at Connecting Threads. Thanks for sharing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

Nancy, those are some pretty projects you ladies worked on. Looks like fun class.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,538
Points 47,600
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 5:47 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Heather Mulder Peterson on her new ruler called the "Triangler" which helps you created triangle designs that are normally paper pieced.
Nancy, is this anything like the Strip Tube Ruler we used for MQ9? I got nowhere with the Craftsy PP class, lol. It's on my ufo list ,but I easily overlook it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,538
Points 47,600
Pat Lancaster replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

I was home all day waiting for a refrigerator delivery that never came so I worked on the Craftsy 2012 BOM. I think I only have 1 block left to quilt. I haven't decided if I am going to quilt the sashing or border. This is the UFO I hope to complete this month so it is looking good.Oh yeah, the fridge, I called Lowe's and they said it was coming next Thursday, I said I told the clerk I was on vacation today and tomorrow. I will be at work next week. So, they are going to deliver it tomorrow morning. Messed up my schedule, but I won't complain if it actually gets here tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 14 2013 10:53 PM | Locked

Yes, Pat, Nancy B & I compared the two rulers at the Oregon retreat, and they are quite similar.  Heather's has some additional lines printed on that make lining up the odd angles quick and easy.  I think this is my fourth or fifth type of triangle ruler.  Sigh....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,538
Points 47,600
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:02 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I think this is my fourth or fifth type of triangle ruler.  Sigh...
I am sighing right along with you, LOL.I think in order to be a quilter your middle name must be "I need". There are so many "I needs" in my quilting life. I love the tube ruler, but am prepared to love the next ruler as well. Unfortunately, my bank account doesn't always love these things. But hey, I'm on vacation today and can't go anywhere so I think I need to shop online for a vacation souvenir or two. ROFLOL! Thanks for the info.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Love your vacation frame of mind, Pat.  I might have to use that one a time or two.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,538
Points 47,600
Pat Lancaster replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

Ginny, feel free to use my vacation frame of mind. I just ordered the ruler and book. It makes waiting on this fridge more fun. Although I have been working on my Craftsy 2012 BOM and am now quilting the sashing and border. Yea! I will actually finish a UFO on my vacation. I am excited since my stack of UFOs is pretty high.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Yep, Pat, I used your frame of mind and bought today's daily deal from Missouri Star Quilts and also their new magazine issue.  Didn't even wait for your permission, just jumped at it.  LOL   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

I made it to the quilt store today.  Only needed some dark blue thread, and some velcro.  Came out with nearly 4 yards of fabric.  She had some batiks for sale at $6 per yard.  Found the perfect brown for the tree in the Garden Party quilt.  The brown was not on sale.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 475
Points 9,255
Pat A replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:03 PM | Locked

I actually did work on several quilts today.  Finished up several blocks for the Loyal Union Soldier sampler and then pulled out a bin with two bug quilts I haven't worked on in many years.  Started them when the grandsons were 5 and 7.  They are now 15 and 17 or thereabouts.  Had many of the blocks made but discovered I needed more to make twin quilts.  I  had additional ones cut so that is what I am going to get finished today.  Maybe then I'll have enough to put these quilts together.  I also hope to get to another UFO which needs a final row sewn on and then the border.  I am determined to get some of these UFOs finished this year so I can start new projects without feeling guilty.  (I have a pattern and fabrics sitting on the table for a Christmas table runner which I would like to get cut out tonight.)  Been working since early this morning and haven't even taken time to get dressed.  

Pat A. in KY

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 5:09 PM | Locked

Its been a long time since I made a flannel quilt I've added it to my to do list.  Thanks.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

Pam:

I haven't thought about ordering flannels from Connecting Threads.  Those are pretty!  Have you been satisfied with the weight/thickness?  

Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 5:48 PM | Locked

Wendy,  Your wall hanging is adorable, and the binding adds the right touch. 

Nancy, Im envious, too, of your quilt class. Looks like lots of fun. I love the blocks !  Oh, those rulers, it reminds me of  the( earrings to match an outfit ) the ruler to go with a project . 

Ramona, I like working on Flannel quilts, and the kids and adults, too, seem to like them . Its my gift of choice for a new baby, especially in Winter. 

I have been working on making my DD Christmas valances and table runner for her kitchen. And hopefully, when Im done I can get the binding on  Christmas Quilt for DH.  So many projects, so little time.    Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 8:06 PM | Locked

Managed to piece some border blocks for side 2's border for MQ9.  I might even get the borders completely on this weekend...but then again maybe not.  Breakfast out with the neighbors in the morning, and then birthday dinner for DD1 in the evening, but I'm going to try to get side 2 done before I go to bed tonight.

Page 109 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use