Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 100 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:25 PM | Locked

We LOVE pictures!!   I loaded a quilt and got two rows done.  The quilt has been hanging around to long and needs to go home!!  Only two more to do before I shut down production to work on my own quilts exclusively.  For a while anyway. I have about 7 of my own to do that always get put off. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

I have been plugging away slowly on MQ 9 and have just planned another MQ 8 using Twilight Mottled Batik from Keepsake Quilting and Muslin.  Here is an EQ7 picture of what I plan.  Granddaughter wanted Teal and Green for her quilt and this is the closest I could come without buying tons of fabrics.  Couldn't find enough on internet of the different shades of teal and green that I thought would go together.  I am using horse print I found for the back.  She just loves horses and riding.  She is planning to be a vet and has applied to Cornell as well as a few other schools.  Her dad graduated from Cornell, so she is partial to that school and it is not very far from here.  She hasn't been too far from home yet, so will be happier with a nearby school.

I
I reset the picture hoping it would load faster.  I thought I saved the smaller version, but somehow it didn't work.  I can't wait to get the time to start on this.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 12:46 PM | Locked

That looks good Marsha.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:29 PM | Locked

I have never used EQ seven.   Does it give you the cutting list and then fabric choices and how to put it together?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

Vivian :

I have never used EQ seven.   Does it give you the cutting list and then fabric choices and how to put it together?

Gives you cutting options, rotary, foundation, templates. You can import fabrics, which is wonderful, or they have a large selection. No directions on constructing the blocks.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

• Wow , that sounds wonderful.  I've heard about it but I've never thought about designing my own quilts so  I've never paid a lot of attention to it.  I may have to look it up

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:46 PM | Locked

Vivian, it also gives you yardage which I find really helpful. I don't know what previous versions offered so don't know what's new and what isn't.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

That is really beautiful Marsha. I have so many quilts in EQ7 but have only made a very small portion. MQ8 is one of them, I enlarged the blocks quite a bit. I'll make it one of these days as I love Nana's pattern.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 5:11 PM | Locked

Vivian :

• Wow , that sounds wonderful.  I've heard about it but I've never thought about designing my own quilts so  I've never paid a lot of attention to it.  I may have to look it up

Vivian and Judy, even though the EQ 7 is expensive, I have grown to love it because of being able to tell the size of the quilt you are designing, borders and all, but it does not give yardages for the borders.  I have used EQ since one of the earliest versions.  I have 5, 6, and 7 on this computer.  I try to copy swatches of fabrics that I have on hand or scan them on the scanner and add them to my library in EQ.  That is done through the Fabric Library option.  I have hundreds of quilts designed and waiting for fabric and TIME!!!  Days are too short in the life of a quilter - - - too bad we have to do housework, take care of families and SLEEP!!

Judy, I have also enlarged MQ 8, but love the delicate blocks they way Nana gave the pattern to us.  Perfect for girls and women.  The larger size may  be better for a more masculine coloring.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 5:34 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
but it does not give yardages for the borders.

Marsha, I'm wondering if you mean the binding, since it doesn't give yardage for bindings. But you can make that work. Since I cut my bindings 2-1/4" wide I add a last border with a finished width of 1-3/4" and make it a weird color so it would stand alone and you'll have yardage for the binding. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,040
Jo replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Finished a Take Five quilt top, pieced the backing and loaded it into the quilting frame.  Hope to finish the quilting and sew on the binding tomorrow morning.  This will be one of the three quilts I need to get done by Christmas.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 10:48 PM | Locked

WOW JO - SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A TON OF STUFF DONE TODAY!  GOOD FOR YOU!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

i worked a little on my EEP in the car.   three more flowers done.   sam and i  had a date in coeur d'alene.   we watched ender's game.  one of my favorite sci-fi books.  it was very well done.  

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,566
Points 118,450
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Very good day. I got some Loyal Union Soldier blocks made but mostly my granddaughter and I quilted and gabbed. She nearly finished a rag quilt for a baby gift and I finished the queen quilt for my son. She comes back tomorrow to put the binding on the rag quilt which leads me to a question. She just did two layers of flannel, no batting. It's put together but I'm not sure how she should do the binding. Normal way?

We thought of just stitching around and clipping it like the seams as rags, but wasn't too crazy about that.

Anything she should know before committing to a regular binding?  It just seems like it'd be difficult to get over those thick seams.

Here's a picture of the partially completed quilt (not all the seams are clipped yet). By the way, a disclaimer, the mother of the baby issued "orders" that she will accept no gifts with cutsey, baby themes. She intends to decorate the nursery in camo with, get this, a pair of deer antlers mounted on the wall! 

Oh, notice the bear claw my granddaughter appliqued in one block. I suggested a cute teddy bear but she said the mother wouldn't want that.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,780
Points 30,860
Roxana replied on Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:

..... She just did two layers of flannel, no batting. It's put together but I'm not sure how she should do the binding. Normal way?

We thought of just stitching around and clipping it like the seams as rags, but wasn't too crazy about that.

Judy, on all of the rag quilts that I've made, I've done just what you suggested except I believe that I did two rounds of stitching around to secure it a little better before I clipped them.

Page 100 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use