Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 98 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Jacy, I mailed the round robin to you yesterday...you should get it tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

Karla, I love this!  The fabrics and the pattern. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:25 PM | Locked

Thanks for the inspiration, Karla.  Your BWR charm swap quilt looks splendid!  I only swapped one set so I'm going to have to look for something smaller to make or else go shopping for more BWRs of my own. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 9:47 PM | Locked

Karla:

Jacy, I mailed the round robin to you yesterday...you should get it tomorrow.

Thanks Karla, i'll watch for it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

Very nice bag Weezee.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

Neat blocks Brigitte Carol. You are using the charm pack very well.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

Marsha I'm glad Rich came through the surgery . Now remember to rest as you will need lots of energy when he comes home.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:20 PM | Locked

Vivian these will make warm cozy quilts. And if you have a retreat...let me know. As we are close to the centre of Canada, I can go either east or west.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Very cute Karla.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,185
Points 18,175
weezee56 replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

Angele, Thank you

Karla, nice quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

Vivian :

I can have a Canadian retreat set up in about an hour. Beautiful hall down the road, beds for two in my house (more if you share!) lots of room for cots.  Let me know!!

When does winter end up there? July?  A July retreat sounds good.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 12:03 AM | Locked

The only quilts that I have worked on for the last week have been in my head.   Does that count????

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

The only quilt I have worked on for the past 3 days is one for Calley's back.  I had to make a new quilted jacket for her in time for hunting season.  It's another blaze orange jacket made of rip-stop nylon.  This is the fourth one I've made in six years.  She's hard on jackets.

Interesting note - I marked some lines on the jacket using a Frixion pen thinking I would use a hair dryer to remove them when I was done.  The hair dryer does remove them.... for approximately 2 seconds and then they magically reappear.  Lesson learned - don't use Frixion pens on nylon.  The marks will probably come out the first time I wash her jacket, and if they don't, Calley won't be bothered at all.  (Oh, Calley is my dog for those who may not know.)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:06 AM | Locked

Sam  got a brand new quilted jacket, one of the new puffy coats everyone is wearing, bright orange.  All he needs is black pants and a green hat, and he is camouflaged as a pumpkin.   Wendy and princess went rafting on the snake this summer.  Everyone on the boat had a puffy coat except our two girls.  Wendy asked the guide why she didn't get the puffy memo.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

Angele:

Marsha I'm glad Rich came through the surgery . Now remember to rest as you will need lots of energy when he comes home.

Thanks, Angele, I did rest yesterday.  Monday was very hard on this worn out body.  I almost asked for a wheelchair ride to my car because of the pain in my back and swelling in my legs, but gritted my teeth and made it to the car on my own!  It helps to be stubborn and independent at times.  I felt much better after the 50 mile drive home - stretching out the legs to drive eased the back so it quit hurting by the time I got home.  I rested most of yesterday - he had many visitors lined up for yesterday - one was his 99 yr old mother - so told me to stay home a rest and keep the fire going.  I have a lot of housework to do today before he comes home, but will take a shower and head to the hospital to get there when he has his noon meal.  I will get a hamburger for myself from the cafe on the way up so I can eat with them.  The hospital hamburgers are delicious - a real surprise.  

I did get some work done on MQ 9 yesterday as part of my "resting", so have hope of getting this quilt finished some time soon, but not in time for the voting.  Rich's attitude has really changed in the quilt department.  He told me the other day that I needed to get busy on the quilts we need for graduation presents for the 2 grandchildren and 3 grand-nieces and grand-nephews that are graduating this year.  He doesn't even complain about the cost of fabric now!!  He realizes that people DO like quilts.  To them they are not "just another blanket" as he puts it.

Now, off to the shower and hospital.  Time sure flies.  If I don't get a move on, I won't make it there by noon!

Marsha - Western New York

Page 98 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use