Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 96 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Kelley:

And now Im working on these quilt blocks..

Love those Kelley. How big are your blocks?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Judy, I love your quilt and the borders you picked . Great work. Hope to see it quilted.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 6:49 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 6:59 PM | Locked

I hear ya Judy! I just cut three baby quilts from my stash...well fresh stash as I have to make enough to cover all possibilities. None of the parents are finding out what they are having. I like the idea of waiting but that means that I need to make some for in case....

today I began my friend's birthday quilt. She turned 60 in August but it took me forever to get some of the fabrics she likes....kinda fussy even though I love her to bits. So I have one set of blocks done, the second set halfway done. I hope that by Friday I will have all of them done.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

Angele:
Love those Kelley. How big are your blocks?

Angele.. Thanks .. The blocks are 16.5 square..

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 8:04 PM | Locked

Awesome quilts, everyone.

Marsha, I read all that you do and I am feeling like a slacker. You inspire me to try to do more for myself. I am widowed, so a lot of what I have to do around my place is beyond my capabilities, but  there are things I am going to try.  I am younger than you by a little, and my health is good, except for my stupid shoulders,  so I should be able to do more than I have.

I did not work on a quilt today, too much other stuff to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

Angele, are you done at Christmas?  I thought you were finishing this school year?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585
weezee56 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 1:10 AM | Locked

I didn't work on a quilt, but I did quilt a bag I made of a walker. Still need to put Velcro on the straps. I'm going to keep this one. It is just a trial/ error, not sure if I want to make them with this type of strap or make straps that would be tied on.

One nice thing, it will be machine washable just like a quilt. Both sides have the same fabric.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 5:58 AM | Locked

nice bag weezee.  I'd go with the Velcro, less likely to become untied.  I know several people who could use something like this.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

Nice idea weezee. When I had my first knee surgury I could have used one of those.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:15 AM | Locked

Wheeze love your bag!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Weezee - that is cute, I had attempted to make one back when my DFIL was still alive for his walker but he's been gone almost 5 years so no idea where it is.  Yours with the velcro is much cuter.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Kelley - those are so cute.  what's the block called?

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,021
Points 15,585
weezee56 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 1:52 PM | Locked

Thank you , Patti, Bonita, Elizabeth, and Debbie. I could have used one when I had my foot surgery 2 years ago. I used the idea for Jenny- at MSQC she did a tutorial on making a bag with long handles. I just put on straps on the top and 2 on the sides to keep the bag from swinging. I'm going to try a wider bag  and put 3 straps on the top, that way the straps on the sides won't need too be so long.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:07 PM | Locked

I love seeng what everyone is working on.  The quilts on the last 4 pages that I've read are fantastic.  Angele, your quilt is lovely and colours are fantastic. Judy - I really like the corner treatment on your quilt.  And Kelley,  the dino quilt is darling as well as the Greek style blocks.  I made a walker bag last Christmas for a friend and I echo the "use velcro" folks.  Many people using walkers have arthritis and tying one on might be difficult.

I was determined to finish UFOs this month, and I"ve made good headway although none are completely finished, several are much closer than they were.  Then I read about the Iron Quilter challenge on MSQC.  <sigh>  The charm packs were so cheap, and although they have a lot of purple, I like pansies, and there are a lot of supporting colours that will work, and .... well, just "and".

I'm only going to post a four square piece of what I'm working with.  Except for the charm pack, I'm using everthing from my stash.  But I completely forgot to look at the coordinating fabrics in greyscale before I cut, so am not at all pleased with how prominent the purple is and how the green seems to fade into the background.  I might take the green off before I sew the squares back together and replace it with a darker one to help balance out the purple.  But then again, I might just keep it as is.  As a newbie quilter I have no illusions I will get enough votes to get into the finals, but I thought the challenge was a good idea anyway.  Plus it's taking me out of my comfort zone in working with the various colours of the charm pack. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Page 96 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 94 95 96 97 98 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use