Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 94 of 223 (3344 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,343 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 7:33 PM

Angele:
Marsha I don't know how you manage to do all this. You make me feel so lazy. I have been playing catch up all week without ever catching up. Well finally I finished my blue quilt called sand and surf.

That is such a pretty quilt - The colors are so soft and the black really sets it off.  I am going to save a picture of it because it has caused the ideas to churn in my head.

I don't really get all that much done - most of my repair jobs keep throwing problems at me.  I tried to stretch new springs in a recliner so the footrest would work properly and finally figured out how to pry them on the pins without trapping the chain I was using to pull them in place.  I finally succeeded yesterday.  Now I am trying to remove the old feet that dig into the rug - out came the hacksaw.  I finally got one cut off and will attack another in a few minutes.  The chair has been replaced, but is such a nice chair that I had to repair it to use in my sewing room.  I am putting locking casters on it so it is movable.   I got the second coat of paint on the floor this afternoon so can now put some extra items out there even though the walls are not finished yet and the leaves blow in through the open eaves!!!  Insulation comes next and the closing up of the eaves will happen when we get warmer weather.  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 7:55 PM

Ginny, so sorry for your set-back.  Hope you are now on the mend again.  Follow doctor's orders and take care.

Rich thought he was a 25 yr old after the first hip replacement - for a while - then his knee acted up.  One side of his left knee was bone on bone so they gave him a new half-knee.  This time he didn't get the chance to feel young again before the second hip acted up.  That one has been the worst because there was no cartilage left!  It is a wonder all three didn't pain him at the same time.  How lucky can one be!  If it had been me, they would all be acting up as my knees have.  I was to have had both knees replaced 5 years ago, but they thought that was too much surgery at one time for me.  The second is still barely hanging in there - Rich needed repair first because he has to work harder - one surgery per year for him.  I just ride in the truck with him.  The knee usually just hurts when I try to bend it or straighten it after sitting too long.  It doesn't like to hold me up very well.  I will be next when Rich heals!  

As for hiring some good old Amish help, that is the plan.  We have a  young couple living very close to us.  He is a very hard worker and needs odd jobs to help with expenses of getting his home fixed and barn built.  Whenever he learns a job, he is the best at it.  He is working on repairing an rental house that is next to us.  He just finished the roofing today and will start working on the inside next week.  I am sure he will be a good help when it comes to sheetrock and maybe even the plastering.  I can teach him what he doesn't know even though I can't do so much of it now.  It is still in my head as I have helped build and rebuild houses since I was 7 or 8 years old.  I have been electrician, plumber, carpenter, etc. here on the farm for over 50 years.  Ladders are my biggest downfall because of the knees.  I have one with deep  steps that I can use in the house, but as for the other ladders, I leave them for those much younger!

Keep well and enjoy those little ones.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 8:26 PM

"Sand and Surf" is the perfect name for this, Angele!  Love those colors.  If you come visit in Brainerd, I'll take you to the Cherrywood store!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 4:15 AM

Karla:

I've named it "Butterfly Kisses for Kaylee".

Karla, adorable quilt!  Kaylee is one lucky little gal!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 4:25 AM

Ginny - hope you are doing better - sit, relax and rest!  later on you ma stop and think, wish I could do it again.  

Now I can't remember all the names and whose quilt was whose so will just make one big statement - Great Job Ladies!  

Today, I decided since we're going to DS's for Thanksgiving that I would use some of the Fall FQs and make them a nice fall table runner so cut out pieces for it.  have to finish MQ9 by sewing the rows together and then bought fabric for the Red/White Heart swab so need to cut and sew up my second set for it, then get it in the mail.  worked on 4 swaps before surgery and now feel like don't have anything to do - HAHA!  several WIPs but you know how that goes.  thinking about making all DGC a pillowcase for Christmas.  too many ideas, not enough energy, yet from my surgery.  

only one more week before I hopefully go back to work - at least half days Nov 4 week.  but went to a Staff Appreciation dinner tonight for my job and sitting three hours in straight back chair had me grabbing the Percocet when I got home.  Boy, was I in pain and then couldn't sleep, been up since 2:30.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 8:42 AM

Debbie,  I am so glad that you are doing so much better, but I will tell you that I will NEVER wish that I could go back and relive this nightmare that I am in.  I would very much like to get up and work on some things that are laying right in front of me. I have an old quilt top to repair and get going on and I have a purse that I cut out to put together. Thought I was short 1 piece of the strap to do it , but I found that missing piece.  Now it just has to have the fleece and décor-bond applied and be sewn together.  It depends how much I can sit with my feet down as to how much I will accomplish.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:36 AM

I have worked on a quilt today.. I finished this..

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:38 AM

And now Im working on these quilt blocks..

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

I'm working on a quilt today. I've started quilting my son's replacement quilt (for that thread bare wedding quilt from 22 years ago). I finished piecing the top at the Oregon Retreat and just had to put on the borders and sandwich it at home. I wanted it finished by Thanksgiving so I can give it to them when we go out for dinner. I had a hard time deciding on the border layout but I think I'm pleased with the final result.

The pattern is Rose Cottage by Kimberly Jolly. I made it quite a bit bigger. Pattern is 58 x 72. I added more blocks, mine is 92 x 92

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:55 AM

I love these blocks Kelley.  I also didn't express before how much I loved your mitten quilt.  Your , what I would call Serengeti quilt is very attractive and seems fit for a man.   You are really sewing up a storm lately.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:56 AM

Awesome Judy. T.. If it needs a home....lol..

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:58 AM

Ginny:
Serengeti quilt is very attractive and seems fit for a man.   You are really sewing up a storm lately.

Thanks Ginny.. I didnt name that quilt, but that name sounds great.. The focus fabric is Dinosaurs.. I know its not bright but, I think a little boy would love it..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Thanks Kelley. Home will be my son and fiance's queen bed. But, if they don't like it I'll keep you in mind! LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 12:20 PM

Kelly, Great quilt for a boy, love the colors you picked. The polka dot blocks are pretty too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Sun, Oct 27 2013 12:22 PM

Judy, another beautiful quilt , I'm sure your son will be happy to get a new one. I love the dark border fabric.

Page 94 of 223 (3344 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use