Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 93 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

Susan, it doesn't happen often, but spots like this do occur. Usually at the beginning or end of a bolt.   If it is caught when cutting they usually slice that piece off and resume cutting for the customer.  I can see where it would be easy to miss this in a place where there is so much cutting going on.  They may even have automatic cutting machines In a place that does a lot of volume.   You should be able to contact them and have the cut replaced.  They will have a copy of your invoice and you should have a copy in your trash if you haven't emptied it.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:26 PM | Locked

Karla, your butterfly quilt turned out perfect!  Well done!  Have fun at the shower.  When is Kaylee due?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:30 PM | Locked

Her due date is December 19th, but we decided to have the shower a little earlier than we would have liked because we wanted the relatives to be able to make it over the mountains from Sacramento...crossing Donner Summit in the winter can be really iffy and right now our weather is warm (mid-70's) and beautiful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:48 PM | Locked

Karla:
right now our weather is warm (mid-70's) and beautiful.

Our highs will be in the 30's tomorrow.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 9:11 AM | Locked
Our lows have been in the 30's, and a couple of freezes during the night this past week, but I haven't had to turn the furnace on but for a couple of minutes in the morning to take the chill off.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,451
Points 40,760
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

We've had a hard freeze and a couple of frosty mornings here near Philly.  I try really hard to wait until November to turn on the heater but last night was just too cold and i couldn't get to sleep.  DH checked all the storm windows and turned it on this morning.  I might be able to get my fingers to move now.  Hoping to sew today.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh, Marsha, I would be working double time if it meant that space could be my very own quilting space.  How  exciting/.    Ginny

It is sure is exciting to finally have the hope of space for quilting - not in the middle of the kitchen or the 6 x 8 area I had hoped to use, but seems to be Rich's storage area - AND I will be able to shut the door on the mess or when I need quiet!   I wish I could work double time on MY room.  Instead I seem to have NO time to work on it.  It is cleaned of construction debris and mud, the floor washed, and the first coat of paint on the floor.  The cement felt quite dry when I painted it the first coat on Monday, but still sounded sticky when I walked on it Wednesday.  The paint contacting the cement must not have been quite cured - it is Dry-Lock cement floor paint, so should be ok.  Hope to get the second coat of paint on it today.  I filled the grooves along the inside bottom of the steel siding on Wed. with aerosol foam insulation.  That helps with the breezes across the floor.  Since a taste of winter has arrived, it is quite cold out there to work - cement floor, steel siding and roof, open eaves - all waiting for me to insulate and put up sheetrock and ceiling and wiring (a little much for a 73 yr old with Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia), but I will get it done somehow.  It is typically an Amish made addition - rough lumber, steel siding, "well ventilated" and NO HEAT.  I need to see if it is possible to run pipes out there for heat or use electric heaters!  Most of the house is heated with wood, so that heat will not reach that far.  When I get the room done, it will be light, roomy sewing room - I had them put a bank of 4 windows on the south side for light.  I need to take pictures of the mess as I go along.  Need to take one today before the floor is wet with paint again.

Rich has his second hip replacement Monday, so the past 2 weeks have been full of appointments, lab tests, etc.  He is now ready to go - but I am far, far behind on housework, quilting, room construction, quilting, quilting ------.  I did get the first 12 blocks of the Loyal Union Soldier quilt cut out so I can piece them by hand while I sit in the hospital waiting through Rich's surgery and visits to him while he is there.  Of course the hospital and all his doctors are at least 50 miles from home.  One is 75 miles away.  I guess Nana's Tranquility Mystery (MQ 9) will not get done by the voting deadline, because I have only had about 1/2 hour this week to work on it.  Two blocks of each are done, the rest is almost to the 2-patch stage ready to be sewn to the 4 patch block stage.  Hope to get that done this weekend.  Rich is not listening to his doctors and resting today - he is moving cattle from farm to farm - but doesn't need me, so maybe I can squeeze in enough time at the sewing machine to get the blocks all sewn before Monday - - - DREAM ON!!!   Things should settle down after he gets home.  Of course, he won't go to rehab - I am his "nurse", etc.  I even give him the shots in the belly that he needs twice a day after surgery.  Of course, when I finally get my knee replaced (soon, I hope) I will go to rehab at our local hospital (only about 30 miles away).  He doesn't like the responsibility of being MY nurse!  

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 2:04 PM | Locked

Wow Marsha, I am still impressed-- even more now that I am not allowed to do anything for at least 2 more weeks.  After I had my heart cath done, I developed a leak in the artery when I started back on the tummy shots and Coumadin and was rushed back to the hospital for repair. I got to come home Thursday nite with my strict orders and I have started back on my tummy shots and Coumadin until at least Monday when I have my blood rechecked. Then hopefully only Coumadin after that. 

You had better watch out after Rich gets his 2nd hip, he will think he is a new man and can do anything a young guy can do.

I didn't even start on MQ9 as things were too hectic already and I was babysitting 2 great grandkids-one a baby and the other 3 years old.

I have no doubt you will get your room done.  You may have to hire some good old Amish help with some of it.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

I did get to work on the project for my bowling team.  Just 12" squares for a wall hanging.  But then my machine kept shredding the thread and made me nuts, so I had to stop.  DH came into the room and asked if that was me yelling.  :-)  I was telling the machine it had better NOT do what I thought it was doing, but that didn't help.  So, I guess I may get down there again later.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 587
Points 9,320
Joyce replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

Judy and Agnes both your projects are lovely.  

JOyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:34 PM | Locked

Kelley I love your mittens quilt. Looks very cozy!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:37 PM | Locked

Karla your butterfly quilt is beautiful. Perfect for sweet dreams.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Marsha I don't know how you manage to do all this. You make me feel so lazy. I have been playing catch up all week without ever catching up. Well finally I finished my blue quilt called sand and surf.

Sideways again...lol

its a pattern from cherrywood designs and the fabrics are their hand dyed fabrics.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,723
Points 66,475
Bonita replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 6:07 PM | Locked

Angele:

Marsha I don't know how you manage to do all this. You make me feel so lazy. I have been playing catch up all week without ever catching up. Well finally I finished my blue quilt called sand and surf.

Angele, I agree Marsha puts me to shame and she's only 3 yaers older than me. i get tired just reading all she does.

Angele, your sand and surf is just beautiful. Do you quilt your own quilts?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,069
Points 16,380
weezee56 replied on Sat, Oct 26 2013 6:48 PM | Locked

Angele:
Well finally I finished my blue quilt called sand and surf.

Great quilt.

Page 93 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use