Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 83 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol,

I see you swapped the ones in the first row that I was going to suggest and as far as sashing I agree with the others that it needs something and the border suggestions sound nice too. It depends on the size of quilt you want to end up with as to how big you want the sashing and borders to be. Can't wait to see what you decide.  I need to take your advice on taking a month and making it UFO month. I used to finish a project before starting another one and now I never seem to get back to those projects. 

Your bags are really nice. You've been a busy, busy lady.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:46 PM | Locked

didash,

Very nice table topper  and the idea to make it reversable is really neat.  Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:49 PM | Locked

didash,

Really love the wallhanging!  I think radiating lines in the quilting would really make it pop.  It's just beautiful!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 6,775
didash replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

Debbie - 

I was so proud of myself thinking of doing the table topper reversible.  Well I pulled a muscle patting myself on the back...there was a bit of "fudge factor" in getting them to match up.  I can't SITD, because the ditch seams don't line up :(   I just used a piece of white flannel as my batting so it's not too thick...just don't know where to go with the quilting....I'm thinking just an all-over random meander?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

didash,

I would agree. There is no way that I would attempt a SITD.  I would opt for the all over design as well.  :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 6,775
didash replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

Thank you all so much for your glowing comments on the Crystal Star wall quilt.  I was quite surprised how easy it really was being totally paper pieced until the borders! At least I'm not afraid of paper piecing anymore! LOL!

I like the idea of radiating lines from all the points...would you do the lines for the inner "star" as well as the outer "star"?  Or would that be too much.  I have such a hard time "seeing" the finished product...I guess I can copy pretty well, but coming up with my own ideas is really challenging when it comes to quilting.

And yes, Thea, I'm still very much a beginner/newbie...I just try to challenge myself with each new project (even if it's a "similar" project, I look for the next level)  rather than do the same sort of thing over and over...I have a "Christmas" piecing project that is giving me fits...another Jinny Beyer quilt...finally got one block put together and had to frog it. GRRRR....after I get the quilting done on the current 5 projects partially done, my next attempt is a Tokyo Subway Map quilt! LOL!  Still collecting fabric bits for that one!  Probably should have joined the postage stamp swap - if I had time to cut the pieces to swap! Maybe next time around...

Anyone have ideas for quilting the border of that wall hanging?????  Thanks again!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:45 PM | Locked

didash:

Oh Sugar! Forgot the paper pieced quilt...here it is.  I'm REALLY stumped on the quilting for this one!

Yes, I would do the lines on both. As for the center, hummmm, it seems to call for something different. I was thinking feathering??

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 251
Points 3,240
Barbara in Colorado replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

Love your table topper.  This project is in my UFO's stack.  I love the idea of making it reversible - might have to consider doing that as well.  Your paper pieced wall hanging is absolutely gorgeous.  I would agree with everyone's opinion about the radiating quilt lines.  For the border, it looks like the fabric has a distinctive pattern in it - maybe develop some quilting lines that follow the design in the fabric.

Barbara

Barbara

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 6,775
didash replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

Newatthis - How about something like:

While not my mother by birth, you will always be Mother in my heart...

or is that too long???  Just random thoughts popping out here....

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 1:45 AM | Locked

Mimi, Love your BOM , they look great.

Brigit-Carol Any one would love to have your purple Boo purse, your pumpkin one is very nice too.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,015
Points 15,510
weezee56 replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 1:50 AM | Locked

Diane ,your table topper is super nice, Your paper piecing is wonderful .

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 9:31 PM | Locked

Well one and then another...repeat.

MNnancy:

Angele:
In a year I will be able to plan and go to at least one.

Only one?  Once you start, you can't stop!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,439
Points 23,970
Debbie replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

well, yesterday I did sit and sew - made 6 of the blocks for the MQ9.  felt pretty good, just needed to swap what I was doing about every 10-15 min so I didn't sit too long.  finished sewing all the HSTs and pressed, now need to square them up.  

Have to make a trip to LQS so I can get fabric for the two RR centers I have and let the creative juices flow.  

Today's our baby daughter's (Keli) bday = 37 yeas ago!  Gosh, she's such a beauty, very self=confident; Mom to three rowdy boys - Taylor (almost 17), Reily (11) and Caiden (7), holds down a job, sweet Christian and so good to her Momma!  She makes me so proud! Tomorrow is our DSIL's bday,and he'll be 38 so for today they are the same age.       

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 16 2013 6:08 PM | Locked

Debbie, I'm keeping my MQ9 for retirement. I really like this pattern and want to make it well. Have fun working on yours.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 16,580
Brigit-Carol replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:48 PM | Locked

Didash -- lovely table topper and fabulous wall hanging.  You are indeed talented.

I started sashing the rustic cabin quilt last evening -- am going with a dark, but bright, gold with dark brown cornerstones.  I've not done cornerstones before, so this will be "interesting".  And in my spirit of finishing 8 UFOs before the end of October, I finished three tablerunners.  The top is a duplicate so I only took a pic of one.  The other like it is on its way to a friend.  This makes three of that same pattern and colourscheme -- can you tell I like it?  The bottom one is made from some orphan 9 patches I had and doesn't have a home yet. 

I have two quilts sandwiched and ready for FMQ, and when I finish the top for the rustic cabin, I'll sandwich that and FMQ along with the two already sandwiched.  So I'm chipping away at the UFOs.  But I found another three tucked away with the blocks done and ready to be assembled.  Ack!  This will be neverending, but it is fun.

Brigit-Carol

Page 83 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use