Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 82 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

Mimi, I love your blocks, your quilt will be beautiful!  Keep up the great work.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Brigit, your purse is beautiful and I love your fabric box.  What don't you like about the box, I think it's really cute?  The fabrics you've chosen for both are perfect for the season, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575
Brigit-Carol replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I've declared the rest of October as UFO busting month.  I can't believe I have so many half-finished projects.  When it comes to quilting, I'm apparently developing ADD -- every time I see a new pattern I want to make it even though I have a dozen unfinished quilting projects waiting in the wings.  So... my promise to myself is I won't begin any more projects in October until I finish 8 of the ones I have half-done.

I participate in block swaps then never get them made up.  I've decided to finish this one and wondered if I can get away with not sashing between the blocks?  I'm planning on a double border.  Also, any suggestions as to block placement would be appreciated.  I was trying to scatter the pictoral ones and the stars. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:54 AM | Locked

Brigit, I usually hate to give my opinion but.........I would put a black sashing and either a rusty red or burnt orange cornerstones.  The layout is what pleases you best.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,072
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Brigit, I am with those that say these blocks need sashing - something to pull it all together - I don't think I would use black but it would work but I would use something in the dark orange range - a fall color to pull it all together and then maybe one of those great leaf fabrics out for the final border - I would use a thin border of whatever you decide for sashing and then a darker strip and then a great leaf print would pull it all together - putting them all together without sashing would be okay but you did all this awesome work making these blocks - show them off a little more - Patience - Quilting is all about the Patience you learn with learning the skill of Quilting!  

Did I say your blocks are Great!  I think they are!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,225
Points 27,610
Agnes replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:21 AM | Locked

As Marie suggested I would also suggest a sashing. It could be very narrow, inch or less finished. I could also see using a dark brown. I always like the cornerstones. I have never done a sampler, which is what the blocks essentially are, without a sashing. The sashing gives your eye the opportunity to see each block separately rather than a big blob. Ultimately, it is your quilt and you can do whatever you want.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 6,745
didash replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Happy Monday, all :)

Haven't been able to post much with moving, settling 2 estates, and dealing with 3 houses, but I've tried to keep up by lurking - LOL!  To keep my sanity through all of this, I have gotten some time to work on some quilting.  I completed the Strata Star Table Topper (made it reversible, Fall on one side, Christmas on the other) and just completed piecing my first paper pieced quilt!  Now I have no idea how to quilt them....any suggestions for this "still a newbie" quilter???  Here are some pics:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 6,745
didash replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:11 PM | Locked

Oh Sugar! Forgot the paper pieced quilt...here it is.  I'm REALLY stumped on the quilting for this one!

• | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 623
Points 9,290
MaggieNae replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

Didash, I might recommend a clear or metallic gold thread.  If you use clear, you can quilt whatever pattern you like.  The gold would take some more though.  You could SITD and carry the rays to the first boarder.  This is beautiful and impressive.  I can see why you hesitate to move to the next step.  Good luck.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

wow what a stunning quilt!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

Diane, that is certainly some beautiful work you have done.  I wanted to comment on how beautiful the wall hanging is, and then I saw your reversible table topper.   Great work. They look fabulous.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:01 PM | Locked

Diane, love your reversible table topper, great idea and great pattern.  Now for your quilt, WOW!  It's amazing!  Great work!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,072
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Diane, I love your table topper - very neat and you can use it for several months rather then just for christmas - nice... and your quilt is fantastic - nope you can't call yourself a beginner anymore making quilts like that!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

Didash - WOW! That is beautiful! Great job,

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,397
Points 23,280
Debbie replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

Diane - love the table topper, still have to finish quilting mine.  I love the idea of reversible, wish I hsd thought of that!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 82 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use