Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 71 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,684
Points 65,980
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 5:20 PM | Locked

Thea, my DD would love your Halloween house, it's her favorite holiday.

Karla, sorry to hear the news about your friend.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,055

Agnes:

Gini--At one time I would have envied you and all your space. I'm happy as a toad in a puddle in my limited space because with that comes limited house keeping and less space to have to look for something when put in a safe space.

Just an interim report on my current project attached. The embroidery panels are ready to go into the quilt whenever I get  the pieced segments done. I'm really pleased with how these panels look together so I am already thinking of doing the two scenes again for a wall hanging to keep.

Agnes, when I went to a retreat in June a gal was finishing up this quilt. I fell in love with it so when I got home I looked at their site and bought 3 patterns. I thought I bought 4 but could only find these 3. LOL 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:55 PM | Locked

Nice to see you on line with us again Sukochi.  That was a long time not hearing from you.  You probably wanted us to realize how much we appreciated and missed you. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 12:28 AM | Locked

I have a bunch of the Crabapple Hill quilts too. I can't wait to find time to start Over the River... I even have all my fabrics in cranberry and green. The embroidery is going on a cream tone on tone.  I have a couple pillow ones too. I rarely do anything for myself. I even have a Thimbleberries pansy garden quilt cut out for my bed and a quilt for my guest room. Just not enough time to work on my own. It's after 1:20 AM  and for the 3rd night in a row I'm still up but working on someone else's projects. Just thought I'd pop in while making quilt labels.

Have a great day. Hugs.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 6:39 AM | Locked

Karla, so sorry to hear of your fiends battle. I so understand your sorrow at this time and need to make her something. As you may know, small lap quilts that they can take with them for the chemo treatments or a very soft pillow to lean on during the treatments, are very helpful for them. Maybe a bag that holds both, a few magazines to put in the bag, Chapstick, tissues and hand sanitizer are all good ideas to pack for treatments. Our prayers are with her. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 9:02 AM | Locked

Michelle:

Karla, so sorry to hear of your fiends battle. I so understand your sorrow at this time and need to make her something. As you may know, small lap quilts that they can take with them for the chemo treatments or a very soft pillow to lean on during the treatments, are very helpful for them. Maybe a bag that holds both, a few magazines to put in the bag, Chapstick, tissues and hand sanitizer are all good ideas to pack for treatments. Our prayers are with her. 

Thank you for the great ideas, Michelle.  I'll get busy and get this done soon.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

I went out to my sewing room to find some fabric to finish up my table topper and guess what, not a matching color in all my stach. Go figure!!! I really wanted to finish this project ASAP. Well off to the LQS this weekend.      Susan 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:08 PM | Locked

Ramona, your quilting is very good. I wish mine looked that good!

Bridgit Carol your snowball quilt is so cute. You were very quick at completing this one!

Agnes, in love that quilt. My friend made it and I hope to make it one day. I really like the dark browns you used to embroider.

Thea, I think is is safe to say you love Halloween! I love all your things, cats, and quilts and wall hangings. I would really love to visit your  very well decorated house. 

Karla I will add your friend Wendy to my prayer list. I'm sorry she has to go through this again. I think the quilt you will make her will give her comfort and warmth when she needs it the most.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Today, no quilting but I managed to make pajama pants for a friend's son in law and grandson. They love Chicago Bears so that is what is on their pants.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,959
gini replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:30 PM | Locked

Two more quilts have their borders on and their backs finished and one is visiting Fonda's LA.one more to make a back for, and five left to visit Fonda's LA.   AFTER I WENT OVER HOW I WANTED MY QUILT quilted ( sorry about the bigs),  and as Sam and I were leaving, Fonda said, "/so i guess I need to save the mermaid for another quilt".   My ears perked up.   A mermaid in the corner won't be a bad idea.  Then she mentioned ghost fish.   Sigh,  so much for a plan.  Fonda's additions will be wonderful.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:21 AM | Locked

Over the River is all pieced. Hope to get the backing pieced today and then get right at the layering and quilting. 

Specifically for THEA, MAGGIE and LINDA, as you all mentioned having the pattern. I was somewhat paranoid before cutting the panels to correct size after stitching. It seemed that I would be cutting off bits of embroidery. I then calculated the finished width of each panel and compared this to the length of the side sashing and also the size of the flying geese units for the border. The two scenery panels have to be trimmed at 9 1/2" and not  9"' as stated in the pattern.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,957
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Agnes:
The two scenery panels have to be trimmed at 9 1/2" and not  9"' as stated in the pattern.
Thank you Agnes I will make a notation in my pattern after I get off the computer... 

No quilting yesterday - too aggravated that I will not be paid in Nov unless something catastrophic happens in Washington - maybe they think it is okay not to pay our military pensions - my 21 years of 24/7 service doesn't mean much and believe me I don't get much money for that but it allows me to pay my bills - and the disabled veterans which I am also one of - they should be ashamed - we gave our health and bodies for this country - it makes me just so mad - decided I am going to forward my bills to the White house from now on and tell them - you get paid - you decided not to pay me for services already rendered so you can now pay the bills to keep me alive... thank you!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:02 AM | Locked

I started to work on the second snowball quilt yesterday and got derailed with organizing my stash.  At present every room in the house has either fabric or one or two sewing machines in it.  It's time to consolidate!  Especially since I've decided to put my name on a waiting list for senior housing after the first of the year.  I'll be moving from a 3 bedroom house to 1 bedroom apartment  It might be a year or more as the apartment complex I'm looking at is new and just filled up.  I'm in no hurry, but want to start paring down.

So.... I purchased a used 4 drawer filing cabinet to organize smaller pieces of fabric, but I have to wait until the file folders I ordered come in.  I ruler folded a bunch of the medium sized pieces and put on the shelving unit in my closet, and wrapped the smaller pieces on comic boards and those are in dishpans under the shelving unit.  Looks nice and neat. But, in the meantime as I was rooting around in the closet I decided to pull out my clothes and shoes and see what I could get rid of.  A lot.  I have 4 boxes filled for the thrift store.

But today I'll get back to working on the snowball quilt as I'd like to check another project off my growing list.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:11 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol's talking about down-sizing and I feel like I need a bigger house...my sewing uses more space than we used when I had small children at home....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

Finished this messenger bag of my granddauggter

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 80
Page 71 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use