Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 67 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

Eparys...Betty,

Thank you.  I do mainly quilt for myself and family. I have done for other people but very few. Not wanting a business. These quilts are from my Ohio friend who comes down yearly. While I quilt her quilts she works on projects I need done. Even trade.  She allows me to do whatever I want on her quilts and she is grateful. This allows me to learn and try new things as I consider myself still a beginner. Guess you could say she's my guinea pig. Last year she brought 25 quilts to be done in 2 weeks. That was a little much for sure.  Hope she doesn't do that again :-). 

Do you do any pantographs with your machine?  Also, I used Bottom Line on this quilt, which I loved using. Since the thread is so thin your bobbins are really full. I believe I only used 4 or 5 bobbins on this quilt. It would have taken 3 times that much for sure with regular thread.  It did save a lot of bobbin winding time and covered many mistakes.

Thanks again

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:01 PM | Locked

Oh such lovely eye candy, everyone!  Thea, thanks for the info about the butterfly pattern.  It apparently only comes in her book, and $25.00 is a tad much for me right now.  Plus, I guess I ought to start with something simpler for my first twister. 

I finished piecing the snowball 4 patch some of you were kind enough to give me advice on.  I ended up making double the number of 4 patches I needed -- I do get carried away at times -- so will probably make another of these.  One question -- are there any "rules" that says the snowballs have to be white or off-white?  I have some pale green blender I think would go very well with the rest of the colours in the quilt. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:03 PM | Locked

Thea,

Oh my goodness!!!!! Unbelievable how much  work you have accomplished. Fantastic job too!!! Whew, I'm tired just going through the pictures at what you have done.  Your work is beautiful and thank you for sharing...makes me feel like I should get stimulated. Glad you are feeling so much better.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:06 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol,

Boy, that was quick. Looks great! The fabrics work together perfectly.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Well Brigit Carol, they don't have to be white or off white.  Right now I am working on a quilt to donate to St. Jude and the snowballs are multicolored made up of children's faces.  The alternating squares are nine patches.   I am in the process of quilting it now.  When done I will post a picture.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol

I have seen snowball blocks done in just about every color.   Just have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 8:04 PM | Locked

I have a quilt made by my late grandma and she used red for her snowballs. It is beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 8:26 PM | Locked

Thea, you have been really productive.   Wow.  Your quilts are beautiful. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 8:30 PM | Locked

Ramona, your quilting looks great.  Thanks for the show

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

Ramona, they are all so very beautiful!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

Brigit Carol.  You are fast.  very nice.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,792
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
Oh such lovely eye candy, everyone!  Thea, thanks for the info about the butterfly pattern.  It apparently only comes in her book, and $25.00 is a tad much for me right now.  Plus, I guess I ought to start with something simpler for my first twister. 

Brigit - no it is a pattern - not in her book - I got the pattern for about $9 - I wish I could remember where i bought it - but it was online.  Google it and you might find it.

Ramona - beautiful work!  I wish I had a long arm but I can't stand long enough for one so do my quilting on my domestic.  I think you are pretty fast from what I have seen when I do send one out to a LA to do.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,792
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Brigit - your snowball quilt is gorgeous.  And I have also seen snowball blocks done in almost every color of the rainbow.  It is a nice block to do.

I finished one more top on Saturday - I had to laugh I was calling it one of Nana's tents as it turned out very big.  I will try and get a picture of it this week - I had to do bindings today and I did two blocks for my BOM that I am doing on a Celtic Quilt.  All 3 quilts that needed their bindings done got done and the backing for my Christmas quilt got cut - now to sew the two pieces together and get that quilt sandwiched and quilted this week - that is my goal right now - but I see my doctor tomorrow and we shall see what he says - I have had some pain in my right side and am afraid I have a kidney infection but since it only bothers me when I am sewing I am not sure about that at all.  Hoping it is nothing to worry about.  I am sure it is nothing...teehee...

Football games are almost over so time to hit the hay... my Buffalo Bills pulled an upset today and Alex Smith and the Chiefs went 4 - 0 so take that 49ers - never should have done him that way - but oh well - I am cheering for the Chief's now and hoping that somehow they get to the Super Bowl - that would show those 49ers...teehee  (the 49ers are my DH's favorite team)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,520
stitcheraz replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Fly--Fly-Away--The-Quilt-For-Spring---Summer.html?soid=1103423276481&aid=UfkTrArsnw0

is the address that comes up when you google Twister Butterfly.  I think this may be the pattern Brigit Carol is looking for.

stitcheraz

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:52 AM | Locked

I think I found the butterfly pattern  and it is $8.  

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Fly--Fly-Away--The-Quilt-For-Spring---Summer.html?soid=1103423276481&aid=UfkTrArsnw0

Vinton, Virginia

Page 67 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 65 66 67 68 69 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use