Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 65 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and complements.  It seems like forever since I have made or been this productive.  Right now I am having a problem sitting still for long and since I can't stand for long periods - sitting at my machine seems to be working.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:11 PM | Locked

Karla:
I've been looking for a good tomato soup recipe for the last of my tomatoes...

Karla, message me your home email and I'll send my recipe for Roasted Tomato-Basil Soup which I have as a Word doc.  It is delicious!  It's raining here today, so I spent the morning cooking and I just finished bottling 4 quarts.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

Karla:
I, too, have the twister book and template but haven't done a thing with them.  That butterfly pattern would be so nice to try.  My DD1 is expecting a baby in December and the nursery is decorated in butterflies...wouldn't this be a great addition?

Karla the pattern comes in 3 sizes - a small one 25" wall hanging  then a larger 43" wall hanging and the quilt size that I made with is 75" square - it would look awesome for you DD1

and Nancy - home made tomato soup sounds good !  warm and toasty on the rainy day here too!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:32 PM | Locked

Bev :

Thea, I can't believe how much you have done!   It is really good to see you so productive.

I am still working on one quilt that has embroidery blocks that I am ready to put the last border on so I can finish the embroidery for the border. I have 2 more quilts planned with embroidery blocks which is why I like your Halloween quilt with the embroidery blocks best of all.

Hope your health continues to improve.

Bev, thank you - I hope it continues too as the cold weather is coming... but we aren't thinking about that.  I love to do embroidery blocks - when I was so so sick this past winter and spring that is all I did.  I got pretty quick after the first couple - back in the swing of things I guess - my friends here said like riding a bicycle cuz the first block took me 4 days to do and then by the time I was to the last ones it was 1 day for each.  remembering all those different stitches did take me a few days though but I truly love doing embroidery on the days when I am unable to get out of bed - my embroidery things are right there and waiting for me... Right now I have to figure out how I am going to set all my Snow ladies that I did - Will be interesting whatever I come up with - I want it to be special and am waiting for that special fabric that probably isn't designed yet... teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Mmmmm- yum , I love homemade tomato soup.  It tastes so much better than that canned stuff. When I last canned tomatoes, I put some tomatoes up in pint jars just so I could make myself some soup for lunch frequently.   Hmmm, I think I still have a pint container left.  Must be what I am saving it for.  Today though, I am making ratatouille- Which I call my summertime soup.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,285
Bonita replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

Thea, I loved your quilt show. I can't believe how much you've done in such a short time. Glad you're back to doing what you love.

I love tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. My go to cool weather dinner of choice.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Karla, message me your home email and I'll send my recipe for Roasted Tomato-Basil Soup which I have as a Word doc.  It is delicious!  It's raining here today, so I spent the morning cooking and I just finished bottling 4 quarts.

Nancy, would you mind sending me a copy too?  I'll send you my email address asap!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:20 PM | Locked

Thea, all your quilts look great.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:33 PM | Locked

Karla, Patti, and Donna - the recipe went out to each of you.  If you can't open, let me know and I can convert it to a PDF.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Thea - all I can say is Oh MY - what beautiful quilts. I am guessing that you have done more in one month than I did all this year - lol!! They are wonderful - I have never tried a twister - I think you have inspired me to go out and get one to try. Your embroidery is gorgeous as well.

Glad you are able to sew now.

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Nancy, I got it, saved it and printed it.  It sounds delicious!  I'm going to have to try it soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

Sorry I wasn't on all day today, when the two boys are here they are constantly stealing my computer...my laptop and the one in the bedroom.  But maybe that was good as I made another 50 HST's and finished the binding on Marge's quilt.  Then I had to wash the quilt (2 dogs leave dog hair all over)...and now I will wrap it up so it won't pick up any more dog hair.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:27 PM | Locked

Karla:
and finished the binding on Marge's quilt

Can't wait to see it at the retreat!  I'm sorry I wasn't home to make a block, but my good wishes go along with the gift!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:30 PM | Locked

Karla:

Nancy, I got it, saved it and printed it.  It sounds delicious!  I'm going to have to try it soon.

Me too!  Thanks Nancy!  As soon as I ripen some more tomatoes, I will try your version.  Sounds great!

Everything that was ripe today went into canned tomato sauce or salsa.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

Karla

It sounds like you had another busy day.   I didn't get any quilting done but I do have a butterscotch with meringue pie cooling.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 65 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use