Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 44 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,374
Points 37,420
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:04 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Linda theres no way I can keep up with you!  Wow.

Believe me I'm ready for a big collapse!!! I only worked on them 1/2 yesterday and we'll see about today. However, if I take too much time off, I won't be done in time. I've been taking long naps. I've had low grade fevers the past 2 weeks and I keep dozing off. I think it's just a fibro attack because of the weather changes. I'll be fine.

You'll catch up I'm sure.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:04 AM | Locked

Weezee those a two cool I Spy quilts. I think I will start collecting some fun fabrics to make one....I find these fun.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:10 AM | Locked

What a cute gypsy bag Zoetc! This young girl will be able to carry her world around with her. It really looks big.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Yes - I worked on my first-ever quilt today. It is almost finished - working on adding the last 20 inches of borders.

It is a king-sized bedspread - measures 125 inches square - reversible - quilt-as-you go - designed by me. I have done it all on my $75 Brother machine from Wal-mart. Will be glad to be done with it to get on to another quilt project. So-----I'll be working on it every day u til it is finished. Want to get it done within the next few weeks.

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 602
Points 9,590
Joyce replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Linda that is a big project.  I've never tried a quilt as you go and a reversible one sounds really complicated.  You made up your own pattern?  I've been working on quilting a quilt I started in 1999.  Have done other projects and quilts since then but have about 11 tops that need to be put together and quilted.  Taking it a little at a time in order to get it finished hopefully I will finish 3 for Christmas gifts.  Good luck will look forward to seeing pictures of your quilt.

Joyce

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

Hi Joyce,

The reason I started with one like that is because I can't machine quilt the traditional way on this little machine. It is reversible because you need to have a top, a batting, and a backing to do each section of the quilt-as-you-go quilt - so I designed both sides at the same time to accommodate the method I was using. It is made in 10" sections and then connected together with sashing. I learned the technique by watching the gourmet quilter on YouTube. Had to modify a few things but it seems to be working out fine.

I do have another quilt top started, but am working out a way that I can quilt it as I go so that I don't have to send it to a long-armer to finish. I want to be able to do the entire process myself.

I don't know how to post pictures to the site yet - but when my daughter comes over and shows me how - I will try to post a couple of pictures.

Good luck to you with all of your projects! You probably know a whole lot more about what you're doing than I do!! 

Linda Gless

Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

Linda - WOW - what an undertaking! I played around with Quilt as you Go when I first started. Really a neat concept. Can not wait to see pictures!

I have been trying each day to work on my sparklie blue block wall hanging. I also shopped my stash for a long while to find fabric for Mystery Quilt #9.

This is what I have going so far on the wall hanging  ...

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:02 PM | Locked

Eparys your quilt./wall hanging is beautiful

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:05 PM | Locked

The blue block wall hanging is gorgeous! LOVE it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 1:16 PM | Locked

Wow Betty, your wall hanging is turning out beautiful so far.  Love the blues.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 2:59 PM | Locked

Thanks all - I am really liking it.  Afraid my friend will as well - so I guess I will have to give it to her!!

. I made the large blocks first ... now I am trying to balance the colors.  

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

Betty

Your sparkly wall hanging is going to be so pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

Linda Gless:

I worked on my first-ever quilt today....It is a king-sized bedspread....reversible....quilt-as-you go....designed by me.

All I can say is "Wow - I am truly in awe!" I haven't tried a single thing you mentioned here, and this is your first quilt!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:44 PM | Locked

Betty, your blues and sparkles would look so at home here in Minne-snow-ta.  If your friend turns it down...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

Betty, Very pretty stars.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 44 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 42 43 44 45 46 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use