Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 43 of 215 (3212 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,211 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:03 PM

Ginny:

There she goes-- Linda the little energizer bunny.   You go girl.    Ginny

Ginny, you are too funny! Got 7 quilts totally done. I'm working on quilts 8-11 and haven't figured out what #12 will be yet. #8 would have been done today except I ran out of thread and I don't remember where I got it at. So got to shop on internet tomorrow. #9 & #10 are AZ Centennial Quilt and Navajo Code Talker. Haven't thought of a name for #11 yet. #8 is Noah's Ark. They are moving along.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:05 PM

Debbie, those corners just make this quilt!  Very nice!

So is there some new rule that says we have to finish our past mystery quilts before we can start MQ9?  I've noticed a lot of them being wrapped up now.  I still need binding on MQ7 and quilting and binding on MQ8.  Send me to the penalty box!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:07 PM

Got that right.  I needed an inside border and another focus print for the 6 1/2 " snowball squares.  And the I didn't do that quilt either.  I made a "twirly" skirt for my GGD who is turning 4 on Thursday, along with appliqueing some cut out flowers on a new shirt so it would coordinate with 2 pink skirts.  Okay, now I can get back to my other life of quilting tomorrow.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,406
Points 61,965
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:17 PM

Zote49, very pretty bag.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,406
Points 61,965
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:19 PM

MNnancy:

So is there some new rule that says we have to finish our past mystery quilts before we can start MQ9?  I've noticed a lot of them being wrapped up now.  I still need binding on MQ7 and quilting and binding on MQ8.  Send me to the penalty box!

Move over Nancy, I'm right there with you. But bring MQ9 on. I'm ready, I think. LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,406
Points 61,965
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:21 PM

Debbie, love your MQ7, so bright and cheerful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:22 PM

Bonita, the sad thing is that I promised MQ7 to my niece months ago.  Why I haven't got that binding on yet, I can't explain.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 285
Points 6,590
didash replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:27 PM

Hi All!  I FINALLY got to work on a quilt!!! Started the quilting on my grandson's I Spy quilt last night and did a little of the paper pieceing on a Jinny Beyer top in progress.

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and condolences on the passing of my parents!  You gals are amazing! :)  Executor duties are taking up WAY too much of my time since we are in the middle of packing to move on the 20th, with a big yard sale this weekend.  Spent all day today with  attorneys and banks...so exhausting I hope I can keep my eyes open to do some more quilting.  Better get to it...at this rate the quilting on the king-sized quilt will never done - and I so wanted to have it done when we moved - to celebrate!  Oh well...it will happen - eventually :)

Have been lurking for the past couple of weeks...absolutely LOVE everyone's quilts, etc.  You are all such an inspiration and I hope to one day have a tiny bit of the talent each of you has.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,490

MNnancy:

You didn't get the memo, Nancy!?  My goal was to have had MQ8 done for my friend's August birthday... new goal is Christmas :)  It's sandwiched and ready to start!

Thank you everyone for your kind words on MQ7.  The goal for that was definitely Christmas... this year!  I'm a great starter but a terrible finisher... something else always gets me going before I turn a top into an actual quilt!

And Nancy, that postage stamp quilt swap idea just blossomed yesterday and sort of took on a life of its own.  Watch next week for more information about it.  

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:58 PM

Debbie-do:
that postage stamp quilt swap idea just blossomed yesterday and sort of took on a life of its own

Life of its own?  I heard it crashed the whole web site!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,723
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:45 PM

Debbie-do, your MQ 7 is very pretty, I love the bright colors, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,490
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:03 PM

MNnancy:

Debbie-do:
that postage stamp quilt swap idea just blossomed yesterday and sort of took on a life of its own

Life of its own?  I heard it crashed the whole web site!

It rose like a Phoenix from the ashes!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,490
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:07 PM

Thank you, Marie.  I bought that fabric a few years ago knowing that some day it would become a quilt!  now I can't wait till Christmas so I can put it out and use it!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

I like your Christmas quilt, Debbie!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:58 PM

Linda theres no way I can keep up with you!  Wow.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 43 of 215 (3212 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use