Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 29 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 607
Points 10,545
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

I found more of my unfinished projects stuck nicely away in my closet where I was cleaning out and organizing today. I will have to make a note of each item and start clearing out these projects. I also discovered that I have more fabric that I know what to do with. One day I will tire of this and pass it on to the quilt group at the senior center and allow them to enjoy what keeps taking up room.   

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:45 PM | Locked

Diane, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of both your parents. Glad your DH is a comfort to you.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

diane, i'm sorry to hear about your mom and dad

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:23 AM | Locked

Diane, my sympathies.  It is hard to lose our parents, and you've had a particularly hard time.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:28 AM | Locked

Elizabeth thanks I'll have to remember paper piecing paper!

Dianne, sorry to hear of your loss, your in my prayers.  This year has been a rough one for me as well.

As for my quilt i did stabilizing stitches on my Janome 6600 and I just can't get the accu feed ft. and my eyes to sew a straight line.  Bummer!  Same goes with more practise on fmq its a flower design not continuouse and the petals well some are crooked, but i've never seen a perfect flower yet.  LOL

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 120
ulla brede replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 3:24 AM | Locked

i try to finish my "first"quilt today.i made around15 or so but i just have a sampler that´s hanging over a banister(?).i used a pattern from a strip therapy book and took cotton batting inside.i still need to quilt 2 squares .it usually takes me a while to finish a quilt because i like to do it the old way,quilting by hand.that´s my favorite but soon i will try to quilt on my new sewing machine,but i think i like the old fashined way of sitting on our sofa in the late afternoon or evening,it´s relaxing for me. so have a nice sunday greetings from germany

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,060
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

That is so funny, zoetc.  I started out donating some things to the quilt group at the senior center too, then I got hooked in.  I not only go there 2 days a week to work on quilts and fondle the fabric there, but my stash has grown so much, it is unreal.   So much for that plan. LOL  I've got to get thru these emails and get onto doing a quilt for St Jude.  A 90 year old lady came in 2 weeks ago with some fabrics she had left over from her quilting for St Jude and also came to say she had a king size quilt frame she would like to donate to the center as she had no use for it since moving back to Michigan after losing her husband in Fla.  Well, we sucked her in too.  Now she is going to come in 1 day a week and quilt with us.

The moral of this story?  Don't think by giving away your stash that you are going to stop this wonderful foolishness.  It just grabs you and doesn't let go.    Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:53 AM | Locked

Welcome, Ulla!  It's nice to have you in the QCA group.  I admire anyone who does hand quilting. It adds a special touch to the quilt. I don't think I will ever have the patience to try that. There's always the next quilt that I just can't wait to start making. Please post pictures of your quilts!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 8:34 AM | Locked

ulla brede:
soon i will try to quilt on my new sewing machine,but i think i like the old fashined way of sitting on our sofa in the late afternoon or evening,it´s relaxing for me. so have a nice sunday greetings from germany

Greetings to you also Ulla. Good to hear from you. I have not yet tried hand quilting. Perhaps I will try a small project. I hope you can post a photo of your quilt. Would love to see what you are working on.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

Diane, so sorry about the passing of your father.   My parents passed within 3 months of each other as well.  You have my thoughts and prayers.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,293
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 10:17 AM | Locked

Diane, so sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers coming your way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,388
Points 175,293
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Hi Ulla, welcome to QCA!  I admire people who hand quilt, getting to be a lost art.  I love your kitty in your avatar, what's his/her name?  We have two kitties in my home, Paolo and Luna.

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Hello Ulla! Welcome to the forum.

Diane so very sorry to hear of your loss. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:10 AM | Locked

I went to the Oregon State Fair yesterday.

I was floored! My quilt won a ribbon!
It got 1st place in  art quilt wall hanging division....here is a photo  of tired me - walking the fair all day and then checking out the quilts.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

Pam, congratulations!  What a beautiful art quilt. The details and little additions like the quilt block hanging on the porch are wonderful.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 29 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use