Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 26 of 220 (3288 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,287 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 11:15 AM

Jacy

That is a really neat quilt.  I love the bay window effect.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Jacy:

Nancy, That's a beautiful panel. I have this photo filed away for inspiration someday when I find a wonderful panel. Unfortunately I don't know who to give the credit to for this quilt.

Wow - Somebody really did a great job with that bay window quilt!  

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 12:18 PM

Yes, a little.  I've cut, folded, pressed, and sewed the binding on MQ6...I'll do the hand sewing during the boys TaeKwonDo classes.  I've also been trying to decide on a center block for RR4, but must admit that I don't feel too imaginative today.  I'm going to run to the LQS after we go get our haircut and make a stop at Lowe's to find the perfect backing fabric for Marge's quilt...I think this month I could use longer days or maybe more days in a week.  I never thought that when I retired I would be pressed for time.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 1:03 PM

Bay window quilt, all I can say is WOW1 WOW2 AND WOW 3!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,365

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful, it is a simple concept but difficult design and gorgeous.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:45 PM

L o V E the bay window quilt idea! Wow...it has impact!

Worked yesterday and today on DD's quilt top- done! Got another top done also (has been a ufo since last yr.). Now to finish them... :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:52 PM

MNNancy- that's a great panel scene. It'd work well as a window quilt!
I had some white birch bark fabric (about 1/8 yd.) I dug out and thought it'd be perfect for the frames... I got it at Fabric Depot I think- or Quilter's Cove Newport OR.

What do you think?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 4:01 PM

saw this on  a site for what to do with panels....interesting- but nothing like the bay windows!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 768
Points 11,560
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 4:03 PM

Pam, I like your white birch bark fabric, try saying that three times.

Jacy, the bay window is beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:57 PM

Pam, both are very pretty.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:26 PM

Jacy:

That's a beautiful panel. I have this photo filed away for inspiration someday when I find a wonderful panel. 

Jacy, that's similar to what I'm going to do with my tree panel, but not with the angled bay window.  As I said, though, due to my goof, I now have a seam through one of the window panes, so I hope it won't be very noticeable after quilting.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:12 AM

got this link in an email and found some great little tips so thought I would share, especially since I know we have some new quilters and they might appreciate this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCWpxBRs20&feature=youtu.be   great tutorial on how to do a binding from Missouri Star Quilting Co.  hope ya'll enjoy!   time to get to work - I mean the J O B!  

weekend is almost here - yeah!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:54 AM

Today it is so smoky here from all of the fires around us, that it will be a good day to just stay in the house and quilt.  My plans are to put the borders on Marge's quilt and maybe get it loaded on the frame, construct the center for RR4, and work on hand sewing the binding on my MQ6.  I really want to get this one finished before starting MQ9.  That's my plan and I hope I can stick to it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:28 AM

Bay window quilt is just too amazing.

I saw the Jenny Doan tutorial on binding this a.m. spotted one two things I do wrong.

The baby quilt is not looking as great as I though it would. Will keep trucking. Probably don't get the full effect with just seeing one row done. At least I hope so. Have a back up quilt top if need be. 

Think I will take a break from it and do an easy table runner pattern I saw a picture of on my Facebook wall today.

Have a question. Might cause a firestorm, but just don't understand. When you put a quilt out there for public display, why is it wrong to duplicate that design yourself? Haven't we all seen quilts and then did one ourselves and not bought a pattern or requested permission from the owner? If you put a personal design out there for the public to see, and you don't want it copied (and if the person uses another fabric, it is NOT an  exact cop)", then do not put it on display for anyone to see. When you gift a quilt and that person decides to make one, isn't that the same thing? If you gift that quilt, the pattern you designed  becomes the property of the person you gave it to, do it not? I have seen pictures of applique design, that I have copied. As long at it is not for public sale by me, it should not be a problem.  I don't benefit financially.  Just trying to understand this logic.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:53 AM

I need some help with a quilt I plan on making and probably sorry I tried.  :  )  My grandsons significant other found this pattern online that she and DGS loved called "Modern Day Diamonds" from the "Threaded Pear" quilt shop.  It came with templates but I would like to strip piece and then cut the angles.  Any and all advice would be appreciated. 

Millbury, MA

Page 26 of 220 (3288 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use