Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 24 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

Pam, your daughter's quilt is so pretty!  That pattern lends itself to some great quilting ideas.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Marsha-  Wow!  Those quilts are beautiful!  The windows are great. You do such nice work!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Marsha, great quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

Pam, very pretty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:18 PM | Locked

Marsha, I'm in the process of cutting fabric for a window pane quilt using a panel.  Was yours difficult to do?  Does it involve Y-seams?  I'm taking my project to the Oregon retreat, so I'll post pictures then.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,352
Points 37,025
Linda replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

I'm working on several quilts at once. Sewing binding on 2 quilts. Making blocks for an Arizona Centennial Quilt, blocks for a Navajo quilt, trying to get a center made for the round robin, pick up another quilt from longarm Saturday and have to get it bound. That should put me close to the 12 I need for the retreat center project. I have still to make the Christian Cross to honor the military chaplains. And I want to do a Noah's Ark yet. I also want to surprise Dave with a wall hanging, but I've never done a landscape before....always a first time. I need to be working day and night. Wish my body would agree to it....my mind is more than willing!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 11:31 AM | Locked

Nana:

Marsha

I love the quilts.  I have that center panel to do something for DH.  May have to steal your windows idea.

Nana, Steal away!! 

I love how these turned out and will use the same idea for other quilts.  I need another with the same panel for another grandson - brother to Cody - and need one for a granddaughter with horses, cats and dogs.  She is going to Cornell University next year to be a vet.  She loves all animals, but especially horses.  She and here sister have been taking riding lessons since they were barely able to sit on a horse.  Need to design 2 more quilts for 1 grandniece and 1 grandnephew - have MQ 8 for the 2nd grandniece that just needs backing and quilting.

Now I have to get to the online shops to buy, buy, buy - need borders and window side sashing for grandson's and horses and panel for granddaughter's.  Also might get idea for the other two I need and backing for MQ8.  If nothing else, I can use the muslin I bought Monday to back MQ8 as the light in the top is also muslin.  I would like to make more MQ8s and may make one for other grandniece.  Need something masculine for grandnephew and might hit the stash for that one.  Fabrics for another MQ8 or 2 are also in the stash.

Now I have to get some housework done.  I can't clean and quilt at the same time, so my break times will be used shopping online and I will get to cleaning the floors which are in bad need of attention.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marsha, I'm in the process of cutting fabric for a window pane quilt using a panel.  Was yours difficult to do?  Does it involve Y-seams?  I'm taking my project to the Oregon retreat, so I'll post pictures then.

I used the corner mitering method for the corners.  To be sure I had enough fabric for the miter, I cut 8" x 2 " strips for the window sides (7 inch finished block with 1 1/2 inch finished sashing and 5 1/2 inch finished focal fabric).  I stitched them on to within 1/4 inch of the mitered corner then folded the block diagonally and extended the diagonal through the lined up sashing and stitched from the inner corner out and trimmed seam to 1/4".  The corner scraps will be handy elsewhere.  I pressed the seams toward the sashing.  Mitered corner can either be pressed open or toward one sash.

Have fun with this quilt.  It is quite simple after the math is finished.  Since the height of my panel was divisible by 7 after adding 1 inch borders, I made my blocks that size and added to the sides of the panel to make them the same length as the height.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

This morning after changing the dogs' water from yesterday's dust storm, watering the garden, and picking the fruits of my labors, I finally finished loading MQ6 on the frame and have even quilted over 1/2 of it.  I feel like I'm on a roll today, so must stay off of this computer and keep the momentum going.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:22 PM | Locked

I love the quilts Marsha, including the way they are posed outdoors for pictures.   The quilting is  marvelous. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

Nice quilt Pam.  I like the pattern.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:32 PM | Locked

Been working on the wedding quilt.  Even designing in EQ5, I didn't some how get the dimensions right.  So the center star is turning out bigger.  Can't undue what I did without losing fabric, so this is like doing a mystery quilt.  I have some idea, but I don't know what the end product will be.  I'll design as I go. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Patti:
I'll design as I go. 

Patti--That seems to be how most of my quilts get made. It's like a mystery just about every time, whether I started out that way or not. Really don't need to join in on mystetry quilts.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

Patti

That sounds like me.   My quilts start out as one thing and usually end up something different....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

I have been working on a quilt today.   I have put fabric to needle and started constructing the mystery quilt that will be coming out in just a few weeks.   I think you will find this one much easier to do.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 24 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use