Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 23 of 224 (3356 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,355 Replies | 64 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:28 PM

Bobbin thread ran out.  Know what that means?  Break time, gotta see what my quilting buddies are up to.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:43 PM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):
Not a quilt, but a quilted project...  Here, I copied Agnes's project that she posted in the Christmas forum a while back.  She had made an adorable ice pack holder for her shoulder.  Here is my version for DH's various injuries...

Carolyn--How nice to see you use my idea. The stripes sure give it a nice manly look. I just checked on a friend whom I loaned my ice pack and cover to. She's using it nightly so that tells me I should make some more of the covers. After all, I am in a senior complex where I probably could peddle some.  I have a rice pack that I heat in the microwave that fit in my covers as well. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:49 PM

I am finally back.  Between trucking and trying to get the college quilts done for the boys, I have had no time to check out what everyone else is doing.  I have over 1000 emails to check on.  I have cleared out the junk and odd ones, but have left the QCA emails until I had time.  I have checked on Marge's condition and am happy to hear she is getting better, but the rest are unread. 

Finally!!!  Here are pictures of the finished quilts.  Our older son showed up at the right time to help me clip up the 2nd quilt - - - I was exhausted by then from moving ladders and climbing.  He thought he was tall enough to reach the line, but found out he had to use one ladder, but at least his arms were long enough to reach from side to side.  I needed to move ladder from one side to the other to reach, and I thought my arms were long enough.  I can touch 7 foot ceilings in my bare feet, but these quilts are over 98 inches long! 

These are poor pictures, but of course the wind is blowing AGAIN!  We have had much more wind and rain this year than usual.  For some reason they are more blurry than they should be.  I NEED a NEW CAMERA!!! 

The quilting shows up better on the first one than the second.  I think I like the "wandering" echo quilting on the first quilt.  I only did 3 rows because my arms and hands weren't too steady and I was fighting my machine then.  Finally got the machine tamed for the second but did less echo and more sloppy swirls. I outlined the leaves, and did different types of quilting in the tree trunks and other parts of both quilts.

I had a hard time with the labels.  The Pigma pens I had were too fine to use on fabric.  With a lot of fussy work, I got the printing done, but it didn't look too good and slightly faded in the wash.  Yesterday I traveled to Joann Fabrics (over 50 miles away) and finally found a good black fabric marker to trace over the writing.  These quilts were a comedy of trial and error - - - but was a lot of fun.  I will now not be afraid to tackle larger quilts and freemotion quilting.  These were perfect for practice.  Rich says they won't be fussy about the mistakes, after all THEY ARE JUST BOYS, but it is amazing to see the wide smiles on their faces and in their eyes.  

Of course, while I was at Joann's I had to make good use of my discount!!  I resisted the temptation of other fabrics, but found the muslin I need.  I bought over 14 yards and had the fabric returned to the original bolt so that I now know which muslin I like best.  There is such difference in quality and weight between manufactureres.  Now I can order by the full bolt online.  I have 5 quilts to make for next year's graduates.  I really stepped in it when I made the quilt for the grandnephew.  Now the rest expect one also - 13 more just for grandnieces and grandnephews plus 5 more grandchildren and the older 3 grandchildren and numerous great-grands!!!!!  I guess I will have no time for mischief!!

When I get the time, I will go back and catch up on what everyone else is doing. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 125
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:00 PM

I love the 'windows' around the panel! What a good idea.....it turned out great!

I actually almost finished my Daughter's anniversary quilt (23rd is the date!)

an easy pattern, her color choices.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:03 PM

Marsha

I love the quilts.  I have that center panel to do something for DH.  May have to steal your windows idea.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:04 PM

Pam

Really nice quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 773
Points 11,600
weezee56 replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:37 PM

Marsha, Your Hunters I spy quilts look great.

Pam , I really like your DD's anniversary quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Marsha, your quilts are AWESOME! It was as if I was actually looking through windows in the quilt to the other side. Beautiful.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:55 PM

Marsha I can only hope someday that i make that nice of a quilt.  It looks breathtaking.

I loaded pic of my quilt on show and tell now i'm heading outside to water garden.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:07 PM

thanks all- my DD gets the kudos for pattern selection and fabric selection.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,420
Points 62,230
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:43 PM

Nice work on your heat packs. Mine is a big help with my hip.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,420
Points 62,230
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:46 PM

Marsha, beautiful I Spy quilts. How do you choose who will get the next ones? You have a bunch of folks standing in line.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,420
Points 62,230
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:48 PM

kudos to you and your daughter, great choices.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:53 PM

Marsha, great job on your quilt.  The windows are a nice addition.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:54 PM

Pam, I love your daughter's quilt

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Page 23 of 224 (3356 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use