Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 8 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,064
gini replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 11:16 PM | Locked

sukochi, i love your fabrics, they will make a wonderful baby quilt

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Michelle - cute bag.  I love the vertical zipper. 

Carol and Sukochi -- love both of your quilts.  The babies getting them are fortunately indeed.

I'm piecing two quilts but have not done any FMQ quilting at all lately, even though I have plenty of sandwiches made up.  Just piecing away as I mindlessly watch videos.  A friend gave me Amazon Prime as a gift for the free shipping without having to always spend more than $25.00.  But I'm taking advantage of the free videos more than the shipping.  Lots of good choices.  I'm currently watching Cadfael -- I loved the books and the videos aren't half bad.  I'm so glad I have my featherweight that sits anywhere and sews.  

I'm piecing 9" double friendship star blocks out of batiks and when I get tired of the points not matching up, I switch to a d9p that I saw on MSQC site -- it's different in that it uses sashing between each piece before cutting.  I'm using batiks for that as well, but instead of 5" squares am doing 6" -- I wanted a bolder effect.  I'm in batik heaven since I got my last order from Marshalls -- 34 different colours!  I figure it will take me 10 years to work through them all. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

Carol both the afghan and quilt are lovely, very girly girl.  Your granddaughter is sure to have sweet dreams with those.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:21 AM | Locked

Sukochi, this looks like so much fun!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

Oh Brigit Carol, I'm sure you will manage to go through in less than five! All those batiks...pure heaven!   Now I am very curious as to what you are creating.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 11:55 PM | Locked

Been quilting both the king-sized bargello (determined to get it done before we move into the new house!), and my step-daughter's quilt (MQ8).  Slow going on my small home machine :(  Then I have to start quilting DGS's I Spy quilt.  When I need a break from the quilting, I'm piecing 2 Jinny Beyer quilts. Just wish I didn't have to do all this cleaning out and packing!!!! It's really cutting into my quilting time! LOL!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sat, Aug 3 2013 11:56 PM | Locked

Guess I'll have to change my signature line by the end of next month since I'm moving out-of-state! LOL!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 12:54 AM | Locked

Diane

Where are you moving?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,064
gini replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 1:12 AM | Locked

Hi Diane, are you moving far?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:55 AM | Locked

Hey, Diane, if you would rather not move your stash, I will take off your hands. Or, just hold on to it till you get moved. Then, I promise, I will return want I don't use.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Sun, Aug 4 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

We are only moving about 1 hr away, but to Delaware...downsizing now that we are getting older (less yard/home maintenance), and DE is more tax and retirement friendly.  NJ is just getting too expensive. It's a hard move for me...I've been a Jersey Girl my whole life, except for 4 yrs in VA at college and the 3 yrs after college when I lived and taught in VA.  When I bought this house 10 yrs ago (before Al and I married), I never thought I'd be moving again :(  Gonna miss the place, but it's time to turn the page and write a new chapter in this book called Life.  Sigh....

Sukochi - You are too funny, girl!  You wouldn't want my stash...it's WAY too small!!!  ALL of my quilting stuff will take up the least # of boxes of everything we move.  I can pack it all up in 10 mins!  LOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:45 PM | Locked

Diane,I thought my stash was small until I cleaned. It's not big by any means, but i do have quite a bit. So when you will pack, I'm sure you will discover some hidden surprises.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:48 PM | Locked

Today I used my omni grid revolving mat for the first time that is really a nice product.  Though in squaring up my log cabin blocks it really showed the error in my sewing.  Here is hoping when I assemble it will look ok.  I also helped install a ceiling fan today glad that project is done.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

I hope to get back to the machine later today and finish up a cushion. I have finally finished the small Memories summer lap throw. This sued up the last of the blocks made from the shirts. A number were discarded along the way while I was establishing a true quarter inch seam with my new (portable) machine.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 476
Points 7,585
Julienne replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:58 AM | Locked

Agnes, How pretty. That is so nice, great colors and looks so comfy. I love it.

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Page 8 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use