Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 7 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,879
Points 40,540
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Can't do the quick reply so I'll add here.  The countdown is on I have six more mini log cabin blocks to make then i can assemble!  Beth I'm still in denial on having to quit as i look at a application for life insurance though more often i 'm thinking of stopping.  I know I'd surely make DH happier by quitting  maybe it'll be easier now that my dr. hasput me on anti anxiety pres. but keep me filled on your progress.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,930
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

Sukochi, It is so sweet of you to make her quilts. I know for a fact you can stack quilts as high as you can stack fabric, all the way to the ceiling.

Carol, Love your afghan and quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 6:01 AM | Locked

Michelle:

Roxana,  It's a pattern I got when Debbie-do and I were driving back from the Smoky Mountain retreat.  We stopped in alot of quilt shops on the way there and back!  I think this pattern was super quick to do and will be easy to make a bit larger.  It's called "This & That" patterns and this pattern is called Suzy's Sack. Only took 2 pieces of 7/12 x 7/12 for the bag and the lining then a piece for the handle and bind the top.  Very quick. I did this one just like the pattern, which also called for a small piece of batting and interfacing.  The interfacing is good, but not sure it really needed the batting.  I may try another without and see what that does.  

I thought I recognized that pattern!  Very nice outcome!

so far I haven't tackled any of the patterns I bought on our trip but I have finished off some of the projects I brought with me!

I just made denim & bandana curtains for a friend and will be making matching pillows over the weekend.  Hopefully my other machine will be back from the shop soon so I can start FMQing MQ8.  It's supposed to be for my friend's birthday in a few weeks.  I don't know if anyone remembers all the problems I was having with my machine shredding thread while I was FMQing but the tech thinks I probably have a burr on the needle plate or bobbin case (from breaking a needle)  that's causing the problem.  I sure hope he's right and can fix it!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:43 AM | Locked

Is, sounds like you are doing well on that log cabin.  Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

I am glad I never started smoking.  I don't have enough will power to quit something like that.  But thinking quitting and wanting to is half the battle.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,494
gini replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

I've never smoked, but as a hygienist I had to dis cuss smoking and the oral consequences.    My experience is that the more often you quit smoking, the more successful you are each time.   You learn what works for you and what doesn't.   so don't quit trying, you will eventually be successful.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

I have begun working on a quilt from a pattern I bought during our sho hop at the Smoky Mtn Retreat. For a baby to be born in Nov,

As you can see it is made with strip of a jelly roll I am using Flirt by Sandy Gervias for Moda. Love this fabric.

I love this pattern.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

No I am not working on any quilts right now.  Just finished up several for a quilt show here!  Plus my son just got married and made a triple irish chain for him and his bride!  I am a hand quilter and my fingers are sore and need to heal.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,930
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I love you fabric you have picked out for your baby quilt.

Flo, I hope your fingers heal quickly.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 3:48 PM | Locked

Carol, beautiful quilt.  I love the lace!  

Sukochi, I like that fabric too.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 811
Points 15,425
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 4:08 PM | Locked

Nana, Gini, Weezee, Carolyn, Sukochi, Mimi-  Thank you all for the compliments on the baby afghan and quilt!  Mimi, DGD2 will definitely be spoiled, especially by her big sister who is 5 yrs old. Last year, when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she said she wanted a baby brother or sister. She is so excited now!

Sukochi, I can't wait to see your finished quilt with the Flirt fabric. I've been wanting to get some of that for something. I just don't know what I'll end up making with it. Maybe your quilt will inspire me!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi, the fabric is beautiful and will make a beautiful baby quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:10 PM | Locked

Sukochi, that is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Here's the quilt:

Carol, what a pretty baby quilt!  I love the soft purple and the addition of the eyelet trim.  Congrats on the new grandbaby!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

For a baby to be born in Nov,

Another pretty baby quilt!  I can't wait to see it finished, Sukochi.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,665
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Sukochi:

For a baby to be born in Nov,

Another pretty baby quilt!  I can't wait to see it finished, Sukochi.

Sukochi, what gorgeous colors!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 7 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use