Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #9

Page 6 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Agnes, I love those plaids.. and the flannel backing sounds great.  :)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:34 AM | Locked

Nice use of left over fabric Michelle!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:11 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
This brand comes in other varieties, but whole wheat and sweet potato is my favorite.

Hmmm, I'll have to keep my eyes open for this.  I've never noticed in the grocery store, but on the other hand I wasn't looking for it.  I'm still wondering if it isn't a regional item and not be available outside the the mid-west.   We have dental appts in the Seattle area today and will be doing a bit of grocery shopping afterward so I will keep my eyes open.

I bet it would be good with my basil pesto too!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Didn't even go in the sewing room yesterday. Been watching Who Do You Think You Are so it always kicks up my need for my genealogy. Wanted to spend some time with dead people today, but rain will keep me inside. Love a go to old cemeteries. They aren't scary, they are a fountain of information. Last night, the show as about Christina Applegate. It was powerful. Maybe, will go to the Library today for some research. Ancestry census records online are free at the Library.

Will get back to cutting fabric tomorrow. Was gonna do that today, but, better stick with the family tree!

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 149
Points 2,545
Beth replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:40 AM | Locked

Melody, from one ex-smoker to an almost one...it will never be a decision you'll regret...drink lots of water to help flush the effects of nictone from your system...take long walks breathing in deeply...your senses will change to the point that you realize what you've been missing...and hopefully you'll never have to watch one of your loved ones (my dad) hooked up to oxygen and dying of COPD....SO many incentives to become strong when cravings make you weak...You can do this !!!! 

Beth :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

MelodyP MO/KS:
still trying to quit smoking,

I missed this post.  Good luck!  I understand this is very difficult to do, but the payout is so worth it!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,022
Points 15,590
weezee56 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:47 PM | Locked

Anges, great quilt.

Michelle, very nice bag.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 12,620
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

I hadn't done any sewing or quilting for awhile since I was spending a lot of time working in the yard and knitting a baby afghan. Here's the afghan:

But I did get a quilt done today, finally!  The afghan and this quilt are for my new granddaughter who is due in September. Here's the quilt:

And here's a close-up of one of the blocks. It's my own design.

I'm going to make a matching throw pillow for Mom to keep in the baby's room. I told my daughter it's for when she has to sleep on the floor in the baby's room like I did with her!  I'm also going to make curtains. They'll be white on white with some of the quilt fabric used for trim.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Wow, Carol!!  Not only are you an original quilt designer but a fabulous knitter to boot.  This DGD is going to be so spoiled.  Lovely quilt.  Beautiful afghan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

Carol both are so very pretty. What a lucky DGD.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:06 PM | Locked

Got some fabric cut. Making a quilt, now for a baby whose mom is a member of our church. these two kids (mom is only 19) are just dirt poor. She works at Waffle House and he works...sometimes! They live in a one room shack, out back of his parents single wide trailer. She couldn't get along with her MIL so out to the shack out back! She ran away with him about a year ago. They got married in the courthouse, just them, no family. Then she found out she was pregnant. lost the baby at 5 weeks along. She came back to church a few months ago. I love that girl to death but we were all about to kill her after she took off with him. When she came back to church the first time, the Pastors daughter came over to where we were talking, grabbed her neck, and said" Don't make me mad!!"  Now she is so terrified  she will loose this baby that, even pain, she is crying. My heart just goes out to her. The day she ran away her folks came over here. When I asked where she was (that family always runs in a pack), her mom just burst into tears and said "She is gone. She is GONE!" So sad. I could kick that girl's butt, today, still. So, making a quilt. The last one was for her. DH said "How many quits can you have in one room?" As many as I want to make and give her.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:20 PM | Locked

Carol

Your quilt is gorgeous and I love the afghan as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

Agnes, that is a great memory quilt

michelle.  You do a great job picking colors for your bbags ok, so just who is fixing the gnocchi with pesto sauce? I'm getting hungry.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

Carol, you afghan and quilt are beautiful, what a lucky little girl they are going to.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

Roxana,  It's a pattern I got when Debbie-do and I were driving back from the Smoky Mountain retreat.  We stopped in alot of quilt shops on the way there and back!  I think this pattern was super quick to do and will be easy to make a bit larger.  It's called "This & That" patterns and this pattern is called Suzy's Sack. Only took 2 pieces of 7/12 x 7/12 for the bag and the lining then a piece for the handle and bind the top.  Very quick. I did this one just like the pattern, which also called for a small piece of batting and interfacing.  The interfacing is good, but not sure it really needed the batting.  I may try another without and see what that does.  

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 6 of 259 (3880 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use