Page 3 of 259 (3880 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:27 PM | Locked

Christine, your BOM is really beautiful!  The blocks are so impressive, what size are they?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:29 PM | Locked

Christine, love your BOM.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:35 PM | Locked

That reminds me of my friends grandson when he was about 3.  He and my GGS are 3 weeks apart in age.  Well, I had some fancy raisins from Sam's Club .  They were a variety of flavors and colors.  My GGS loved raisins and especially these special ones.  My friends grandson said he didn't like raisins, but I told him these were dried grapes, which he did love.  Well, he ate and ate those things until his Dad came home and asked where he got the raisins and reminded him that he didn't like raisins and he wouldn't eat another one.   Some people can be sooo dumb.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Marie:

Christine, your BOM is really beautiful!  The blocks are so impressive, what size are they?

HI Marie, they're 12" blocks when finished.  The blocks are created using templates by Marty Mitchell.  I plan on using the pattern again, with different colors.  The blocks are so interesting.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

My plans for a quilt for my father-in-law and future bride have changed.  I was thinking a double wedding ring, then learned she likes pastels.  So before going to all the expense of buying more fabric, decided I'd be better off asking more questions.  No double wedding ring, she likes modern over traditional and they will have a queen size bed. 

Pastel batiks is as far as I have gotten.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

Sukochi, your quilt is really beautiful. I think your actual borders really showcase the prints you used inside. 

Valerie great job on both of your quilts. 

Diane your quilt looks great too. 

I find it hard to comment when I can't go back and see the detail I'm thinking of...of well, I know I loved them all.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:24 AM | Locked

I finished a baby quilt for my nephew and niece in law's baby. I now have to baste it and quilt it. I decided to work on a UFO that needs to have its quilting done, one bobbin every day. I hope I will be done before school starts again. Otherwise it will never get done... And today DH and I are going shopping for shelves for my fabric closet...I'm getting tired of having to haul everything out to find the one piece that is at the bottom...lol should've done that about five or six years ago when I moved into that room. Lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:03 AM | Locked

Angele:
I'm getting tired of having to haul everything out to find the one piece that is at the bottom...lol should've done that about five or six years ago when I moved into that room. Lol

Oh how I wish I had shelves in my sewing room, oh how I wish I had a bigger house so I could have a real sewing room.  

Good luck on the shelves and the organizing...someday, someday.  I'm just feeling so overwhelmed today.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

Christine:
they're 12" blocks when finished.  The blocks are created using templates by Marty Mitchell.  I plan on using the pattern again, with different colors.  The blocks are so interesting.

Christine, perfect sized blocks but I was hoping there were patterns to them instead of templates.  Maybe I'll check out her website and see what I can find.  Thanks for answering my question.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:43 AM | Locked

Last week was the week from hell.  At one point I thought I would be heading for divorce court, or brought up for murder.  still trying to quit smoking, trying to get ready for my Sisters friends for Sat. monitoring Mothers intake and out put, and otherwise going crazy  In it all I did not quilt, it would have been better if I had.

This week is better.  I will do some quilting.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Christine, your locks are so much fun to look at!  I bet you have had fun with them.  Lovely.

MelodyP

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Patti:

My plans for a quilt for my father-in-law and future bride have changed.  I was thinking a double wedding ring, then learned she likes pastels.  So before going to all the expense of buying more fabric, decided I'd be better off asking more questions.  No double wedding ring, she likes modern over traditional and they will have a queen size bed. 

Pastel batiks is as far as I have gotten.

Patti,

Just a suggestion, and probably a stupid one but what about the mystery quilt not the last one the one before

You will probably want something more fancy but if you are stuck for time i thought it might be an easy one for you maybe get family to sign blocks.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Marie:

Christine:
they're 12" blocks when finished.  The blocks are created using templates by Marty Mitchell.  I plan on using the pattern again, with different colors.  The blocks are so interesting.

Christine, perfect sized blocks but I was hoping there were patterns to them instead of templates.  Maybe I'll check out her website and see what I can find.  Thanks for answering my question.

There is a pattern for each block, as well as a cutting layout showing how to place the templates for cutting.  It's very easy!  I spray starch my fabric before hand, and sit in front of the TV while I cut out the pieces.  My Singer 201 is in the living room as well, and it's so relaxing to quilt this way.   It's my first time using templates and I'm finding they make piecing a breeze.  Marti's template have you cut off the points and this makes lining up the seams a breeze.  With the many different angles I couldn't have pieced them as well if the fabric pieces had been cut any other way.  I highly recommend using templates.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

I thought I'd share the photo from 2007.  The layout I've chosen is shown in the top photo.  I only have the fabrics for the 12 blocks.  I bought fabric on ebay to match the sashing and borders.  There are 6 embroidered blocks that I still need to buy the embroidery designs and find a fabric that will be used in the embroidered blocks.

Here are a couple additional layout options that were available in 2007...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Christine:
 I highly recommend using templates.

Christine, thanks again!  I did go to her site and it seems she's all about templates.  I wonder what sets she used in the quilt you are working on.  In the picture of the layout you are using, I especially like the bottom left hand block.

Millbury, MA

Page 3 of 259 (3880 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use