Page 2 of 259 (3880 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,879 Replies | 69 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 3:03 PM | Locked

Yes, I've worked on a quilt this weekend.  Here's what I've finished so far...  (no I didn't do all the blocks this weekend, only 2 of them, LOL)

I have 4 more to go.  This is a BOM I bought from someone on this forum!  It's a 2007 Patchwork Party BOM.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 3:10 PM | Locked

Bridget Carol, and Christine, very nice.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 3:11 PM | Locked

Karla:

The closest I've come to quilting this week is staring at the design wall with Marge's blocks on it.  Darn it, I'm still making plum jelly, plum bread, plum kuchen, etc.  

Karla have you tried drying them?  DMIL used to dry plums all the time.  They make great snacks for the kids!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Karla:

The closest I've come to quilting this week is staring at the design wall with Marge's blocks on it.  Darn it, I'm still making plum jelly, plum bread, plum kuchen, etc.  

Karla have you tried drying them?  DMIL used to dry plums all the time.  They make great snacks for the kids!

Donna B:

Karla:

isn't a prune a dried plum??

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

Christine, this is beautiful.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 5:35 PM | Locked

Brigit-Carol Very nice table runners.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 5:39 PM | Locked

Christine:
 It's a 2007 Patchwork Party BOM.

Very nice, I really like all the blocks in this BOM, I'd love to see all of them when you get them done. You have done a wonderful job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Yep...  Still good in my book...lol!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:10 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Karla:

Not yet, we will have to retrieve the dehydrators from DD2, maybe we'll do that with some.  I think we have enough plum jelly, so today I made plum jam and plum kuchen.  Still waiting for the kuchen to come out of the oven as I've never used this kuchen recipe before but it sounded like a lot less work than the big batches I make at Christmas time.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Donna B:

Karla:

Donna B:

Karla:

And yes, Sukochi, a dried plum is a prune, although I think they use a different variety of plum to make prunes commercially.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:22 PM | Locked

Karla,  I prep a lot of fruit straight from the garden (clean and mash it) and freeze it in the right quantity for processing later when it is cooler in the kitchen.  I really hate to can and do jams and jellies in the heat of summer!  Again, DMIL was a master at this!  She put huge quantities of frozen berries in her freezer all measured for a double batch of jam - just waiting for the DD & DDIL's to pick them up.  Boy do I miss that!!!  She also did it this way for herself.  Even her fruit pies were pre-made and frozen just waiting to be put in the oven when company was coming or for holidays.

You should have seen her freezer!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,573
Points 177,973
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:23 PM | Locked

Very pretty table runners, Brigit!  Some in Christmas colors would be lovely.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:25 PM | Locked

BTW, I'm prep'g apricots for jam today plus freezing basil pesto!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:26 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Karla,  I prep a lot of fruit straight from the garden (clean and mash it) and freeze it in the right quantity for processing later when it is cooler in the kitchen.  I really hate to can and do jams and jellies in the heat of summer!  Again, DMIL was a master at this!  She put huge quantities of frozen berries in her freezer all measure for a double batch of jam - just waiting for the DD & DDIL's to pick them up.  Boy do I miss that!!!  She also did it this way for herself whenever possible.  Even her fruit pies were all pre-made and frozen just waiting to be put in the oven when company was coming or for holidays.

You should have seen her freezer!

Donna, I've got gallon ziploc bags full of frozen pears and bananas and no more room in the freezer so I'm being forced to use up what is left over (8 grocery bags full, and the pear harvest isn't even in yet.  I'm starting on DD2's freezer now (I bought it for her so I should be able to use the room, don't you think), but that will be for the frozen breads, etc.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:27 PM | Locked

Christine:

Yes, I've worked on a quilt this weekend.  Here's what I've finished so far...  (no I didn't do all the blocks this weekend, only 2 of them, LOL)

I have 4 more to go.  This is a BOM I bought from someone on this forum!  It's a 2007 Patchwork Party BOM.

It's beautiful, Christine.

Page 2 of 259 (3880 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use