Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:27 AM

I too am interested.  My grandmother used to make crazy quilt pillows out of grandpa's old ties and ever since I was little I have wanted to do a crazy quilt.  Personally, I tend to be more of a traditionalist in my quilting but I'm willing to go with whatever the group decides.  The time frame is also good for me as I have several other projects in various stages of completion at the moment, just like everyone else.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055

Hi

I think this sounds like a great swap idea and would love to join.  I think the time frame is great  as well.

Kerry G

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,041
Points 13,240

What would you all think about a quilt as you go block? You use 100% cotton batting and a neutral or specified color backing fabric then crazy quilt your block. This is where a color request could be worked in because the decorative stitches will show on the backing. You will also have a reversible quilt. There are some great tutorials on YouTube. When you get all your blocks they are ready for sashing and biding. Magic Quilt!  Hahaha. This would avoid the issue of how to quilt around embellishments. 

Google "How to join up quilt as you go blocks by the gourmet quilter". Great video. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
Google "How to join up quilt as you go blocks by the gourmet quilter". Great video. 

Maggie, thank you. She has a great video. I pinned it my Pinterest account.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:02 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

What would you all think about a quilt as you go block? You use 100% cotton batting and a neutral or specified color backing fabric then crazy quilt your block. This is where a color request could be worked in because the decorative stitches will show on the backing. You will also have a reversible quilt. There are some great tutorials on YouTube. When you get all your blocks they are ready for sashing and biding. Magic Quilt!  Hahaha. This would avoid the issue of how to quilt around embellishments. 

Oooohhhh!  I like that idea!!  Sure gets my vote

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 249
Points 4,055

Sounds great but I will definately have to gear up glad it is after Christmas.  LOL

Kerry G

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 694
Points 11,920
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 11:50 PM

Maggie,

i just saw you posted this, as I said I have not been keeping up with the threads. 

I think this could be a lot of fun !!

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use