rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:31 AM
Hi  everyone,  here is some important information about the upcoming retreats :
1. You do not have to be a paying member to attend these retreats ,they are open to anyone who uses this site.
2. QCA Does not sponsor any of these  retreats, these are all run by club members .WE do have some club sponsors the will donated  products for  door prizes  as advertisement .but QCA does not sponsor any of the retreats.
3.Anyone who is flying in ,we will provide you with a machine and all the goodies you need to work. You only need to bring yourself your projects and  your clothes .
4.Husbands and Friends are welcome to attend ,they do need to pay for their own rooms.
If anyone has any questions  You can ask any of the following folks for help , Me ,Nana, Patti, Mary , Linda ,Gini , Sara, WE have all hosted  or assisted with a retreat . 

Thank You
Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 1:37 PM

we started organizing our own retreats. because the sponsored ones were too danged expensive.   we can look for local facilities that are more affordable.   because we are organizing them,   the individual member that is sponsoring the retreat is responsible for securing the site, and more important, responsible for collecting the money and getting it  to the facilities on time.

this is the reason we ask for money in advance and that the fees are non-refundable.   to make sure the individual members aren't out of pocket a big expense, and so the price doesn't fluctuate between when you sign up and when you attend.  this happened at the virginia beach retreat.   we had to come up with more money, until  nana said, "that's it"  no refunds unless you find someone to replace yourself. 

once a site is secured,  a deposit has to be made to hold the space.  if we have twenty members sign up and my share is $100, i can afford that and will commit.    if half of the people drop out, that means my share goes up to $200 and i might not be able to afford it.  it isn't fair to those folks that have followed through with their commitment, if others drop out and the remaining members have to pay more.    this happened, i believe with sara.  because she is so nice she didn't make an issue out of it.   but there were a lot fewer attendees than those that said they were going.   she let mary hold the retreat even though she didn't have the minimum number of people attend, and i don't believed she asked those who did attend  to pay more.  

also the member organizing the retreat can get stuck holding the bag if people don't follow through with their commiments to attend.   the organizers do this for free.  one of the reasons we can keep these affordable, is because there is no organizer taking a cut in the middle. 

remember, this is a business for the places the retreats are held and they need to make money to be able to stay in business.   so it is helpful to the organizers, for those of you wanting to go to one of the retreats to be reasonably sure you can attend before you commit. 

having said all that,  if you haven't attended one of our retreats, you are missing out on a great lot of fun.   i hope to meet all of you one day.   i can see myself becoming a serial retreater now that sam is unretired.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 2:30 PM

Gini, thanks for that message I should have thought of that myself. . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Barbara,

I am going to try to get there.  It is all about being able to take the time off, so it is up in the air and may be until closer time to come.  LOL  I can't wait, I am excited about it and I don't even know if I can come. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 3:00 PM

Karen we will keep our fingers crossed , Maybe they will let you put in for an early vacation 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 4:52 PM

one of the really nice things about retreats , check around your area ,see who  is coming ,share rides , it really helps with cost of gas and food to share. Some of us have made road trips out of this and did mini shop hops as we drove to retreats.  This is like a really nice vacation and  one can have all kinds of fun along the way .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use