Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Nana:

Judy    I am still waiting for enough patience to do this quilt.  I still remember a DWR quilt that was in the family when I was a small child.  I loved that quilt and wish I knew what happened to it.   I still plan to make one of my own one day but that day hasn't arrived yet.

You're still a sweet young thing Nana, you have plenty of time.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:51 PM

Double wedding ring has gone back on my to so someday list, but not now.  My mother-in-law-to-be, prefers modern over traditional.  I know I could change it some, but I think I will be coming up with something else.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Vlcox replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:15 PM

This pattern is not made the same as Quiltsmart's  DWR.  This one has melons that are cut out, Quiltsmart's doesn't.  You applique to the background square.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 8,765
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:48 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Has anyone else made the DWR from the Egg Money Quilts book? I see the DWR tablerunner has full instructions but the blocks are a different size from the quilt.

Judy, I made that quilt last year, I had never appliqued before and tried it, I was pretty happy with it for my first time. Using the Egg Money Quilts pattern was very easy, I ordered the book and the printed interfacing together at the same time. I used jelly rolls to cut my pieces from. I only made a small wall hanging size, but before I bought my material I used my Quilt Pro program to make it on the computer and then got the yardage I would need from that.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Jen, your quilt is really pretty. I like your fabrics.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 2,145
MNJen replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 9:00 PM

Patti,

You may want to look at the patterns by Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I bought her template and Urban Nine Patch pattern.  I think it 's a modern take on the DWR.  And you don't have to pin the curves!  Loved it.  Cranked out a queen size in about 7 weeks for a wedding coming up this fall.  Goes to the quilter tomorrow!

Jen

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 4,645

MNJen, Wow!! Your quilt is totally impressive! I love it, and I'm not a big fan of the modern look!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 10:16 PM

Wow, Jen, that's a fantastic quilt.  Love this design, I'll have to add it to my todo list.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,020

Just Beautful!  Love your color choice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Fri, Jun 27 2014 7:40 AM

MN Jen - the happy married couple will love this - very pretty - very nice work!

Page 4 of 4 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use