Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:53 AM

Judy, I just went back to look at your fabrics and love what you have chosen I even have a couple of yards of the green so if you happen to need more of it for some reason and your LQS no longer has it just give me a shout and I will send you some.

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Bev :
I even have a couple of yards of the gree

Thanks Bev. I love that fabric. I must have purchased a bunch of it because I still have a couple yards and I've used it in several quilts.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:02 PM

well, my MIL to be likes pastels. 

I love your fabrics Judy. 

Have to look at what I have and spend a lot of time seeing what's available on line and in the shops.  I have some fabrics I really like, but would need to find some others to go with them.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Patti, some of my fabrics are Toy Box III by Sara Morgan. I love them. I only bought two pieces the other day but will stop by the quilt shop today for a couple more colors.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Bev :
I also hope this quilt is for you or a close family member because it seems so time consuming.

It may be for my granddaughter who has said she plans to marry after she graduates from Vet school. Or, I'll keep it for myself. Of course I have to get it made first. I hope I can make progress at the Oregon retreat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 4:53 PM

Quiltless

I tried "the rings that bind" method.  Made all of 3 rings and promptly threw the thing in the trash.   Didn't find that method to be user friendly at all.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 5:00 PM

Judy

Very pretty fabrics.  I would like to do one in batiks but not there yet.   I do have Judy Neimeyer's Bali Wedding Star which is an adaptation of the wedding ring.  It calls for jelly rolls for the arcs.  There aren't enough papers to make it king size but I am sure I can get more....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 5:22 PM

Nana:

Judy

Very pretty fabrics.  I would like to do one in batiks but not there yet.   I do have Judy Neimeyer's Bali Wedding Star which is an adaptation of the wedding ring.  It calls for jelly rolls for the arcs.  There aren't enough papers to make it king size but I am sure I can get more....LOL>

I actually have the orignal book this pattern is from. My soon to be mother in law made it back about 7 years ago. I am not sure I would be ready to do this yet she made it sound very hard. However, I am sure with the changes made to the pattern that i have been reading on here, it maybe easier then what the book says. Please let me know. I would like to try it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:21 PM

Kris:

I designed one in EQ and have started working on it. I'm doing mine the old fashioned way...by hand. I bring my pieces to work and sew when I have down time. I haven't sewn anything in the past month (quite a slump) but hope to get back to it soon.

It will be a king sized 110 x 110. I should be done in about 20 years. LOL. I could definitely bring some of it to work on in Oregon.

Kris, are you using Inklingo for printing out your pieces?

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

I just received the DWR templates from Marti Mitchell along with instructions for several different variations. 

I kept going through my fabrics, bought a couple more and ended up with 12 different fabrics that I'm thinking of using. 

I'm reading through the instructions and, frankly, I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm not sure I'm capable of making something so intensely precise and complex. 

The yellow/gold/orange fabrics in the top would be the entire quilt if I only used 6 fabrics for all the arcs. If I expanded to 12 fabrics, the 2nd set of would be the other arc.

Advice please before I chicken out and put the templates away with my other unused templates and rulers. Should I just use the top 6 fabrics? Would it be too busy to use all 12, 6 in one arc and 6 in the other?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:57 PM

Judy, I just googled images of DWR quilts and I found this one with 2 different color rings. I like your idea of the brighter ring and a little more subdued ring.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:59 PM

All nice color choices.   On a white or off-white background, I like the subdued prints.  It seems more "authentic."

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:05 PM

Donna B:
Kris, are you using Inklingo for printing out your pieces?

Yes I am Donna.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,108
Points 110,275

Jacy:
Judy, I just googled images of DWR quilts and I found this one with 2 different color rings. I like your idea of the brighter ring and a little more subdued ring.

Jacy, thanks.I hadn't thought of it in those terms. I was just looking at 12 different fabrics. Now if I can just figure out the instructions. George just suggested I make a sample and see how it goes. He also gave me a warning "You know you don't like to follow directions plus you want to finish a project..... now. Are you sure you want to tackle this?" He makes a good point. I'm impatient and anxious to complete a quilt so I tend to get sloppy.

Perhaps a DWR would be good for me and, after all these decades, I might learn patience and precision?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:40 PM

Judy

I am still waiting for enough patience to do this quilt.  I still remember a DWR quilt that was in the family when I was a small child.  I loved that quilt and wish I knew what happened to it.   I still plan to make one of my own one day but that day hasn't arrived yet.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use