Top 10 Posters

Iron Reviews

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 41 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
14 Posts
Points 645
Ocydroma posted on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:58 PM

I was wondering what's people's opinions are of the two followimg irons.

The first being he Shark Professiomal (Red). Then the second being the Rowenta Autosteam 1700W  Max. 

Thanks so much

• | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,187 Posts
Points 15,895

I never thought I would love an ironing board until I got one of these wide ones with iron basket and shelf underneath. It is so sturdy and seems to handle those big quilts so much easier.  It seems we quilters are always needing or wanting something " better' to use for our quilting addiction. LOL.   Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
869 Posts
Points 14,795

Don't know why this is sideways!  Anyway Mine looks like the other one posted. Mine is a Rowenta board, wide, long sturdy with the same hardware on the back. I got mine at Target. I always buy a few pads seems like they are more difficult to find.  I love my board, I also place a padded flat board on it if I want more room to iron big quilts. Works great.  

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 190

Susan, truer words were never spoken.

-Pat

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 190

Candis, I love, love, love my Reliable.  Thanks for heads up.

You know you are a Quilter If........
There's more Fabric in the House than Food
"Fat Quarters" are not the heaviest part of your body
Your ironing board is always set up but you never iron clothes
You think of your job as an interruption of your quilting time
You pet Fabric
People are always picking threads off you
You can measure a scant 1/4 by eye
"Featherweight" Doesn't mean Boxer
You clean up your sewing room & your family thinks you are moving out

Top 100 Contributor
Female
869 Posts
Points 14,795

Candis, I love, love, love my Reliable.  Thanks for heads up.

I knew new you would!  I am crazy about mine! I have never been so protective over an iron, if my house was being threatened I would grab my sewing machine and my Iron!   I am so glad I could help you find happiness!!!  
MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 25

Okay. You ladies have inspired me to invest in a Reliable iron to replace my old B&D which is less than satisfactory for my quilting.  I was thinking seriously about a Rowenta, but after reading the reviews and researching more on line, I think Reliable is the one I'm looking for. 

Thank you all for your input and your help in this decision.  It's a large investment for an appliance and I don't want to be sorry.

Angie

Not Ranked
Female
14 Posts
Points 190

Reliable is heavy so very good for pressing seams and avoiding ironing.  Working on quilt last night and there was a stubborn thick corner seam.  I pressed the button for extra steam and couldn't believe the force and volume. Because it's still new to me, I often think it's not working because it's so quiet while the steam is on.  I don't bother to adjust for constant steam.  I let the automatic shut off kick in because it comes back quickly.

I found a like new, still with sticker T-Fal, last day of an estate sale.  A little temperamental and did have water spill switching dry/steam.   This one will be only for dry, appliqué. Love the sole plate and would be a 2nd choice to Reliable.  Pretty slick for a 10 yr. old iron at $2.00!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
342 Posts
Points 6,740

I just recently bought a new T-Fal and absolutely love it, the sole play glides like butter over the fabric and the shot of steam is powerful, I love the auto shut off too ( my DH loves that feature)...I upgraded to a wide board too....love them both.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
3 Posts
Points 45

I love my Rowenta's at first, they have wonderful heat and lots of steam.  However, once they get a little older, they leak like a sieve.  I won't buy another one.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
789 Posts
Points 12,705

Candis :

... (snipped) ... Mine looks like the other one posted. Mine is a Rowenta board, wide, long sturdy with the same hardware on the back. I got mine at Target. I always buy a few pads seems like they are more difficult to find.  I love my board, I also place a padded flat board on it if I want more room to iron big quilts. Works great.  

Just turned your photo.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
789 Posts
Points 12,705

I have not tried the Shark Professional.  I use a Rowenta Autosteam 1600 and like it very much.  Use regular tap water or drinking water and not distilled water.  Distilled water needs a higher temperature or it will drip.  Regular tap water -- no drip.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
869 Posts
Points 14,795

Thank you Quiltless!! My iPad always wants to turn them sideways???

MODESTO, CA.
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use