Top 10 Posters

Iron Reviews

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 42 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
14 Posts
Points 645
Ocydroma posted on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:58 PM

I was wondering what's people's opinions are of the two followimg irons.

The first being he Shark Professiomal (Red). Then the second being the Rowenta Autosteam 1700W  Max. 

Thanks so much

• | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

Today I ordered the Reliable V100 Digital Velocity Steam Iron from BB&B. Looking forward  to delivery, 7-9 days.  

Candis' review, in addition to a great deal of research, encouraged me to buy Reliable, except I didn't want an orange iron in my blue sewing area.  I'm old enough to be that fickle and, the bottom line price for the upgrade was good.

Came very close to buying the Maytag as it has a 2 year warranty.  Reviews were good but Reliable won.

The feedback from everyone was truly appreciated.  I'll submit update after I work with it for a while.  Meantime, I need to investigate this Club to see what I'm missing. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195
Suggested by Pat Cecilia

Today I ordered the Reliable V100 Digital Velocity Steam Iron from BB&B. Looking forward  to delivery, 7-9 days.  

Candis' review, in addition to a great deal of research, encouraged me to buy Reliable, except I didn't want an orange iron in my blue sewing area.  I'm old enough to be that fickle and, the bottom line price for the upgrade was good.

Came very close to buying the Maytag as it has a 2 year warranty.  Reviews were good but Reliable won.

The feedback from everyone was truly appreciated.  I'll submit update after I work with it for a while.  Meantime, I need to investigate this Club to see what I'm missing. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
872 Posts
Points 14,980

Pat thats great news! And the blue one is beautiful!   Congrats! i think you will love it! Mine is treasured!

MODESTO, CA.
Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

Whoops?  Duplicate post, don't know how to delete one yet.  Sorry.

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

UPS delivered a Reliable V100 Digital Velocity Steam Iron today.  I didn't have much to iron so I went to work on some of my stash to have something to report.  Stash is looking spiffy!

This iron gives a whole new meaning to ironing vs pressing.  At 1800 watts, it's heavy and really puts out the steam.  The small manual appears to be descriptive and well written.  I am much too impulsive so I'm trying to behave instead of "if all else fails, read the directions."  I don't think I've ever read an iron manual before; however, this system is a little different, the anti-scale system for instance, plus I couldn't find the shut off. 

I don't think a review can be reliable (no pun) until the iron has been used a great deal.  So far, I'm excited with it and, it looks pretty and impressive in my work area.  I know, fickle.  

One thing I should mention, it heated up fast but nothing was illuminated as was described.  Well, I figured I had another dud. Everything was much better when I removed the little blue protective plastic image over that area.  Dah!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
464 Posts
Points 9,330
tnmtgrl replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 11:04 AM

I have had a lot of irons too, I have also dropped a few. I now iron close to my cutting table and set the iron on the table. I recently bought a T-Fal iron from walmart...I love it, it is so smooth gliding and it has an auto shut off that my husband likes because I had a tendency to get side tracked and leave the iron on. It also has a nice wide base that helps me from knocking it over. I also got a new ironing board that comes up higher and it is wider and shorter. Over all I am very pleased with this new iron.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

T-Fal was on my short list also.  So many choices.  I do agree that a nice, wide ironing board is a great benefit.  I just bought a new cover for my Euro-Pro extra wide table.  Quilt shop ordered these boards for us well over 10 yrs. ago.  They have a basket with flaps to support at the end and a tall hook to keep the cord up.  The flaps can be bent to allow any left over steam to disperse and some little pads to prevent scratching.  

I have absolutely no excuse now to not finish UFO's. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,556 Posts
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 11 2014 12:29 PM

Glad to hear that you like your T-Fal iron.  I am on my second one.  the 1st one got dropped on the floor a LOT of times and then just wouldn't work, but I had liked it so much that I bought a 2nd one.  This one I have been using for about 3 years and am still in love with it, but I am still using my old ironing board. I am thinking of making a wider ironing surface to put over it.  Still in the thinking stage tough.    Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

Ginny, I didn't buy a T-fal, I bought the Reliable per my previous post.   I believe "tnmtgrl" posted her thoughts on her new T-Fal.  Goodness, everyone seems happy with that iron. Well, if this beautiful Reliable isn't reliable, I'll know what to do next.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
158 Posts
Points 2,720

What type of ironing board do you have.  I am tall and I am looking for one that raises higher than the normal ones.

Thanks,  Brenda Jarrett

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
464 Posts
Points 9,330

The professiional ironing board found on the Homz website item # 4760200

newport, tennessee

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

Brenda, I have a EURO-PRO European Deluxe Extra-Wide Ironing Table.  Model EP36.  I opened it as high as I could get it,  and dropping a tape measure to the floor was 34". 

At the widest 18", 51" ironing space  In addition, there is an iron rest/basket at the end. The  basket is very handy.  Keeps from knocking over irons plus open to release steam if you choose to use it that way.  I store a 2nd iron for appliqué work.  

Pads have never worn out but I did replaced twice in well over 10 years.  I actually washed the last one, it was a little stiff after but useable and the pad was still like new.  Holding on to it.  Label says 100% heavy cotton duck, pre-shrunk.  My new cover from Amazon was 19.99+shipping.

The original board info that was enclosed listed:  EURO-PRO corp. 178 West Service Rd, Champlain, N.Y. 12919  Tel: (514) 842-8691. Perhaps different now; google maybe.

I don't know what I paid for the board; quilt shop ordered them for customers, and the shop is out of business.  My friend and long-arm quilter is quite tall and she has one.  I set mine considerably lower.

A nice feature is the open tray underneath.  I usually have pressing towels under there.  I also appreciate that it's heavy metal, with metal mesh top and sturdy.  

Hope this isn't overkill info.  Good luck, Pat

Top 150 Contributor
Female
464 Posts
Points 9,330

your description sounds just like mine...here's a pic

newport, tennessee

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

Jen, 

Yes it does.  Mine is very heavy, stable.  Paperwork I have says USA address but don't know if it is actually made here since it's over 10 -12 yrs old.  I do know, those fabulous covers are made in USA!  

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 195

It's printed right on the iron basket:  made in Italy.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use