Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 31 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hello All --

I owe you ALL, and the entire QCA community a huge ginormous thank you.  Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, words, prayers, support, encouragement . . . and now I see . . . a quilt!  OMG!  I can hardly contain myself I am so excited for everything . . . I certainly hope I can someday repay you all for your wonderful work, or at least pay-it-forward.

I came home on Thursday this week.  It was so nice to spend a night in my own bed. surrounded by my kitties, doggies, and just my own pillows!  I spent over a month in the hospital with all that was happening and I am just happy to be home.

My time in the hospital was wrought with complications but I was in good hands.  When I heard that my Dad had died, I fell apart.  My dad was the last of my family . . . I am estranged from my brother and sister . . . so it means the end of a story in my life.  Richard did a wonderful job of representing me at dad's funeral and I know in my heart that dad knew why I couldn't be there.  Dad was a retired Episcopal priest and from what I understand, his funeral was very well attended by members of his congregation and other clergy.  I hope to get to upper Michigan in October to see his and moms graves and I hope to find closure at that time.  For now, mom and dad are in my heart, my darling husband is by my side, my friends near and far are in my corner, and life will continue.  Heck, my mother-in-law has even been here from the start . . .  I am not alone.
The last week in the hospital was probably the hardest because I felt good enough to go home but they still kept me until the brain swelling went down.  In the end, I have new wires on the left side of my brain, and next week they will be turned on and will <hopefully> work as expected.  One of the complications came up during the last surgery (I had three).  The DBS unit that failed has left a substantial amount of scar tissue on the Thalamus.  Because of the scar tissue, the wires for the new DBS unit could not be put into the same area on the Thalamus.  In the end, the doctors did find a location that has the potential to work.  We won't know until next week.

I am probably not going to be able to go back to work . . . I will be on permanent disability . . . but I now know that I have what I need to keep myself busy.  I am going to try sewing again this weekend.  I am sure whatever I come up with will not be pretty, but it'll be a start.  For now I am staying quiet at home and am enjoying all the comforts of home . . . and home cooking!

I THANK YOU again for all your kind words, your efforts on a beautiful quilt, your support and encouragement, your friendship . . . there just aren't enough words to say THANK YOU!  Please, if there is ANYTHING I can do to repay all your kindness, please let me know.  I may not be able to do much until I build up my energy.  In the end, you're all my friends and I thank you for everything you've done.
I'm attaching the letter that Richard read at my dads funeral as my good-bye to dad.

God Bless You All!

Kristin Albrecht

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:33 PM

I sent an email to Kristin's DH with a photo of the quilt top, and guess what, I got an email back from Kristin. She came home from the hospital yesterday. Here's from her email.....so glad to hear from her.

"Hi Carolyn and Jackie --

I owe you both, and the QCA community a huge ginormous thank you.  Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, words, prayers, support, encouragement . . . and now I see . . . a quilt!  OMG!  I can hardly contain myself I am so excited for everything . . . I certainly hope I can someday repay you all for your wonderful work, or at least pay-it-forward.

I came home on Thursday this week.  It was so nice to spend a night in my own bed. surrounded by my kitties, doggies, and just my own pillows!  I spent over a month in the hospital with all that was happening and I am just happy to be home.

My time in the hospital was wrought with complications but I was in good hands, so that helped me keep my spirits up.  When I heard that my Dad had died, I fell apart.  My dad was the last of my family . . . I am estranged from my brother and sister . . . so it means the end of a story in my life.  Richard did a wonderful job of representing me at dad's funeral and I know in my heart that dad knew why I couldn't be there.  The last week in the hospital was probably the hardest because I felt good enough to go home but they still kept me until the brain swelling went down.  In the end, I have new wires on the left side of my brain, and next week they will be turned on and will <hopefully> work as expected.

I am probably not going to be able to go back to work . . . I will be on permanent disability . . . but I now know that I have what I need to keep myself busy.  I am going to try sewing again this weekend.  I am sure whatever I come up with will not be pretty, but it'll be a start.

Carolyn -- I understand you took over the Mailbox Surprises Group.  THANK YOU!  I cannot continue with the group for right now . . . I have at least 8 weeks of physical therapy in front of me

I THANK YOU again for all your kind words, your efforts on a beautiful quilt, your support and encouragement, your friendship . . . there just aren't enough words to say THANK YOU!

God Bless You All!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:34 PM

Jacy you are doing a wonderful job.  These blocks are beautiful.  Can't wait to see it all. 

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:35 PM

Hey Kristin, you must have been posting the same time as me. Great to hear from you

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:38 PM

Kristen

It is so very good to hear from you.  I am glad that you are home and well on your way to recovery.  There are continued prayers that the device will work for you when it is turned on.  You have definitely been thru more in the last month than any one person should have to deal with.  God bless you and keep you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome home Kristin - I am so glad to see you on here. It sounds like you are recovering pretty well. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. You take care and get better.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 9:57 PM

Kristin, I'm so glad you are home and recovering from your month long ordeal.  The tribute to your dad is quite moving.  He certainly will be there when your time comes to leave this earthly shell of a body. I surely hope and pray that your healing continues and the devices that are implanted will work according to plan. Sending hugs and blessings.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:02 PM

Kristin,

it's good to hear you're home and doing well. I will continue to pray for you and hope the new stimulator works for you.

The letter for your dad is beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,070
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:25 PM

Kristin, I am glad to hear that you are now home to recuperate.  How great!  Your letter to your Dad was very meaningful.  I can see you live in God's grace.  My prayers go with you for healing in the Lord.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 10:50 PM

Kristin, it was so great to hear that you are out of the hospital and on your way to recovery.  We will continue our prayers that your new device will work just fine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:26 PM

it is good to hear your voice again,  welcome back and i hope your health continues to improve.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,226
Points 18,945
weezee56 replied on Fri, Aug 9 2013 11:35 PM

Kristin so glad to hear you are back home. Hospitals are okay to visit, but I don't like to have to live there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:37 AM

Kristin, what a beautiful letter to your dad, he is surely smiling down on you.  I'm so glad you are home in your own comfort zone where your recovery will occur more swiftly surrounded by loved ones.  May God continue to bless you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 8:48 AM

Kristin you made my day! Hearing from you just made me smile from the inside out. Now prayers will continue until everything works the way it should. Enjoy being home and relax. Time is your friend now. As soon as all this swelling is down you will find out all you can do. As for the quilt blocks, know that there is much love, prayers and positive vibes through each and every block. With Jacy's quilting talent, it will be amazing. A big love wrap!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 11:03 AM

Kristen your letter to your Dad was perfect.

Take care of yourself and if needs be wallow in being spoilt by your DH and MIL.

Jacy I cannot put into words how fantastic your quilting is. I can see I need an awful lot of practise!!

xx

Page 31 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 29 30 31 32 33 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use