Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 16 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,970
Jacy replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:16 PM

And here's all the blocks so far, 15 total. This is going to be a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 806
Points 13,730
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:25 PM

Jacy,

How pretty !! It's nice to see them all up.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,261
Points 254,154
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:47 AM

Jacy I see my block made it , thanks .these are gonna be beautiful . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 20,815

So pretty!  This is going to make a gorgeous quilt.  :)

Below is a message from Rich.  It sounds like they will try her surgery again tomorrow, so I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear the results of that:

Jackie -- Your card, letter, and pictures will bring a much needed smile to Kristin's face.  We did discuss with her how she wants to participate in the funeral since she will be unable to be there.  A couple of different things will happen ....

I will travel to Minnesota  on Saturday to be there for the wake and funeral.  My mom is here, and will take good care of Kristin while I am in Minnesota.

1. On her dads casket, separate from the casket spray, a white lily will lay on it's own with a ribbon around it that says "Love, Kristin". 
  2. At the start of the funeral service, before the casket moves into the sanctuary, all decorations must be removed, including flowers.  The Minneapolis bishop will be the celebrant.  He suggested that the one white lily that represents Kristin be left on the casket as it enters the sanctuary, and throughout the funeral service.
  3. Kristin, with the help of friends, me, and my mom, is writing a letter that I read at the funeral.   the letter is intended not as a eulogy, but as a way for Kristin to say good bye.
  4. we are trying to find a way to stream video of the funeral so Kristin can watch it.  we don't want to become overly intrusive into the solemn event with technology so we are being very careful and inconspicuous as to what we will do.

I learned that on sunday, the Minnesota bishop gave her dad last rites.  Charles was alert, awake, and knew what was happening during that time.  he specifically asked the bishop to say an extra prayer for Kristin after the last rites were administered.

as I said, my mom is here, and is also a quilter.  I showed her the pictures and she too knows that Kristin will truly love the quilt you are making.  I will be sharing your card, letter, and prictures with Kristin today.

I am attaching the obituary and brief biography of her dad.

please extend my sincere gratitude to all Kristin's friends on the quilting form for their thoughtfulness, kind words, generosity, and caring nature.  it is a comfort to me to know that she has these friends in a craft that she loves so dearly.

Kristin will be going back for more surgery on Wednesday.  I will do my best to keep you informed of her progress.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 806
Points 13,730
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:16 AM

Carolyn,

You made me cry !! Kristin has too much she is dealing with. is there a way for a block with a white Lilly for her quilt be made or the back of the quilt be made with white Lilly fabric? Here is one I found.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkGAge5RP14ALuhXNyoA?p=lilly%20flower%20block%20quilt&fr2=sb-top&fr=ytff1-

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:27 AM

A white lily on a purple background!! OMG!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,136
Points 36,955
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:00 AM

Sukochi:

A white lily on a purple background!! OMG!

I agree that would be awesome.

Jacy, thanks for letting me know my block made it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,136
Points 36,955
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:04 AM

This pattern is on the Craftsy site. It's been too long since I paper-pieced for me to try it but it looks to be a doable thing. With purple background (or any of the rich colors in the quilt) it would be awesome.

www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/other/calla-lily-paper-pieced-quilt-block/9134

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,625
Points 24,810
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:20 AM

I haven't done my block yet, but I am willing to do a lily applique for the quilt.  Please let me know if you would like me to.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:51 AM

Carolyn, now that I've had my cry for the day, I think the white Lily is a wonderful idea.  What Kristin's family is doing so that she feels she is a part of the funeral for her dad is so beautiful and meaningful.  God Bless them.  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:07 AM

Jacy, if you could add the lily block, I think it should be in the center of the quilt.

When my DLMIL died, her dear friend wrote a poem likening her to the lily. It is a beautiful poem. we even sprinkled some of her ashes in our lily garden. They just got more beautiful after we did that. And, there is such a sense of peace in that garden. This is why we named our Yorkie Lily. She is such the same "Southern Belle" that DLMIL was!! DH had a dream, after she died, that we would have another dog, and we should name her Lily. I looked for a dog that had bad hair days and is high maintenance,. as was DLMIL.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:15 AM

This quilt is going to be awesome...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 20,815

Susie:

I haven't done my block yet, but I am willing to do a lily applique for the quilt.  Please let me know if you would like me to.

I think that is a lovely idea.  Thanks for offering, Susie.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,970
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:43 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

That would be wonderful Susie. Thank you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,625
Points 24,810
Susie replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:53 AM

Ok, ladies, I will take care of the lily block.  It may not be quite in the mail by Saturday, but I'll have it done by the end of the weekend.  And I will post a picture of it before I package it up.  Thank you for allowing me to do this for her!  I know she really struggled with my RR top and I would like to thank her for all the care and time she put into it. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 16 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use