Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 10 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 9:04 AM

Loving the punch of color this one will add to the quilt.  Nice job Frances!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Beautiful blocks, Frances, Mimi, and Valerie. Thank you!!  

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Here is a recent email from Rich that tells us about what Kristin's day to day is like. Thanks again for continuing to keep Kristin in your thoughts and for everyone's work on this quilt!  Jacy is sending pics so she can see out progress.  :)

Hi jackie and Carol --

I think it is incredibly kind hearted of you and her quilt friends to be putting together something special for Kristin.  your thoughtfulness is just overwhelming to me. Kristin had been telling me about the friends she was making on the quilting forum but I had no idea that she had so many friends in the online group.   I know for a fact that she will love it!  You can send pictures either on email or to kristin's cell phone ......

she is in NCCU (neurosciences critical care unit), and is on oxygen so cannot talk on the phone, but she has her cell phone with her and has been texting with her sister and some local friends if that interests you. because she has an open burr hole in her skull, she is limited in movement, visitors are restricted because of the infection risk, and balloons and flowers are not allowed. she is basically in isolation -- anybody who goes in her room has to be gowned and anything that goes in her room has to be sterilized, i know she is frustrated -- she needs help to do basically anything -- bathroom, hygiene, eating -- we get her out of bed into a chair a few times a day as she tolerates it. 

we have no family in illinois.  My mom is here from minnesota to help, and the hospital allows me to sleep in her room at night so she is not alone.  I know she missess her own bed, our dogs and cats, real food, and just feeling well in general.  she is having challenging emotional and physical health things that she is trying to overcome.  

All the best to you.  and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and friendship.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:11 AM

I dont know about anybody else but this made me cry, my heart, hugs prayers all go with you Kristin.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:14 AM

Thanks everyone for all there kind words about my block, just wish i was a bit closer (in the same country at least) so i could have given some support/help to Kristin and Rich.  If anyone goes to see her could they give her a virtual hug from mexx

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:19 AM

WOW  all  the blocks are gonna make for a beautiful quilt.  and Carolyn thanks for the updates.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:36 AM

Frances:
Jacy if its not suitable i wont be offended just use it for a duster.

Frances, you are MUCH too hard on yourself! Your block is wonderful and your colors will add some sunshine to the quilt. I'll be eagerly watching the post (mail to everyone else) for it to arrive.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:49 AM

Flowing tears, broken heart. Dear God, help her to get back to her normal life. Help the surgeon's to find a way to fix this. Dear Lord, please be with her precious husband, who can only stand by and watch this. And her DMIL who is trying to keep up with the day to day needs of their home.  Lord, we love you so, we know you are with her. May she find peace in the knowledge that you are there. May her faith grow stronger with every breath. In Jesus name, I pray. amen.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:51 AM

Everyone has done such beautiful blocks and this will be one gorgeous quilt.  Thanks for keeping us up to date on Kristin, just so hard to imagine what she is going through and my Ts & Ps go out to her family. Really makes one thankful for our own health, no matter how you are feeling, her problems help put ours in perspective.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:01 PM

Rich's update brought tears to my eyes as I read it...any trials and tribulations that I might face are so small compared to this that I promise I won't complain any more.  Prayers, prayers and more prayers are being sent forth for Kristin, Rich and the rest of her family and pets that must go through this ordeal with her.  GOD Bless this family.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:25 PM

Sukochi:

Flowing tears, broken heart. Dear God, help her to get back to her normal life. Help the surgeon's to find a way to fix this. Dear Lord, please be with her precious husband, who can only stand by and watch this. And her DMIL who is trying to keep up with the day to day needs of their home.  Lord, we love you so, we know you are with her. May she find peace in the knowledge that you are there. May her faith grow stronger with every breath. In Jesus name, I pray. amen.

AMEN! I am making a block today I am sure that you will find room for one more.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:35 PM

Sukochi  thank you and Amen

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 12:59 PM

Sukochi you have a way with words!

I have sent a PM to Jacy to see if I can do my bit. The posts on here have touched me and I would love to be able to contribute if I can

xx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 1:26 PM

Lesley and Carylanne, I have sent you both PM's.

I will fit everyone blocks in! Even if it makes a double-sided quilt. I still would like to get all the blocks by the end of July so I can get this quilt to Kristin before too long. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 1:32 PM

And now the fun begins for me...........5 blocks arrived in todays mail. Thank you to Barbara, Sukochi, Bev, Kathy and JudyT, for beautiful blocks made with love, and also to those who included some $'s

• | Post Points: 65
Page 10 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use