Top 10 Posters

Lets make a Quilt for Kristin

Page 7 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 557 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:24 AM

Here's mine.... The blue background makes the fern print look more blue than the teal that it mostly is.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:33 AM

zoetc49:

I went with teal and blue, I hope this is alright, if not let me know.  I might have posted 2-3 times, sorry, I am not great with triangles, but did my best. 

Zoetc49, this is the one I'm working on as well, hope my points come out as sharp as yours.  Good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:53 AM

Barbara, I chose my block for the name since my Husband was born in 1941. Funny since that is how I choose my pick for horse races when we watch the Derby, etc. I did say choose and not bet because all my extra money seems to go for fabric.  :-)

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 8:53 AM

Carolyn, exquisite!  I am really glad I didn't post mine, so sad compared to yours!!

Kathy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

You ladies are too kind.  Thanks for all the comments on my pineapple.  I think Jacy will have to get them all up on her design wall to think about placement.  You never know how the distribution of colors, lights/darks, designs, etc will work out, but all of those could affect where she decides to put each block.  

Sukochi, yes, it was paper-pieced.  I really love paper piecing.  I can do so much more complicated things that I could never get done otherwise.  I feel like it almost should be cheating, it's so much easier.  Maybe one day the quilt police are going to come and arrest me, but until that day, I'm doing it every chance I get.  :)

Weezee and Roxana - Great pinwheels.  I know Kristin likes pinwheels because she used them in her RR center.  :)

Zoe, OMG those fabrics are to die for.  

Kathy, this is NOT a competition!!  Please, let's don't call your block sad.   I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it's great.  I love everything I've seen so far.  I did a block with a lot of small pieces, but if everyone did that, the quilt would look like a jumbled mess.  I think sampler quilts work best when there is a lot of variety.  You need some simple, some complex.  That's the great thing about the sampler quilts.  You get a little bit of everything.  I love the simple, classic blocks as much as the next girl.  I just picked something different for this one.  

Please, no comparisons of one block to the next.  They are each unique and beautiful and I know Kristin will appreciate this so much.  Each block represents a friend at QCA and I know that Kristin will appreciate having this during her long recovery ahead.

I can't wait to see the final result.  :)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:15 AM

PM sent to Val, Bonita, Angele and Zoetc.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:20 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

I think sampler quilts work best when there is a lot of variety.  You need some simple, some complex.  That's the great thing about the sampler quilts.  You get a little bit of everything.  I love the simple, classic blocks as much as the next girl.  I just picked something different for this one.  

Please, no comparisons of one block to the next.  They are each unique and beautiful and I know Kristin will appreciate this so much.  Each block represents a friend at QCA and I know that Kristin will appreciate having this during her long recovery ahead.

Thank you Carolyn for posting this. 

Ladies your blocks are all important, not everyone has the same sewing skills, time or fabrics. I asked for a block as simple or fancy as you liked and each one will be loved and appreciated. I haven't seen a block yet I didn't like and they are going to make a WONDERFUL quilt full of love from all us QCA sisters!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:26 AM

Carolyn, sent you a PM

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:42 AM

Jacy, I sent you a PM...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 10:54 AM

Roxana:

Jacy, I sent you a PM...

Thanks Roxana. Will be watching for you block.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:13 AM

my block got mailed out today..

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:25 AM

Kelley:

my block got mailed out today..

Thanks Kelley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Ladies, I have an update from Kristin's husband, Rich.  Unfortunately, it's heartbreaking bad news.  I know you all have Kristin in your thoughts and prayers already.  Thanks to all of you for your help in making this quilt for Kristin.  I think it will lift her spirits and she really deserves that now.  Here is the update.  I will continue to let you all know as I hear more.  

About surgery.  the doctors were not able to get the broken wire out this week because her brain began to bleed so they had to stop surgery.  From scans it looks like the bleeding is stopped so they will try again next week to remove the broken wire.  She will stay in the hospital until they can successfully remove the broken wire.  At this point, it does not look like they will be able to replace the wire since the bleeding has occurred so her PD symptoms will not be able to be controlled.

Jacy, I replied to your PM.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 11:46 AM

Thanks for the update.  Will be praying for her and her DH.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,970
Roxana replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 12:01 PM

Thanks, Carolyn, for the update. Praying everything improves for her.

Page 7 of 38 (558 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use