rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Kris:

gini:

whoa, wait a minute here.   i'm sure it was kris.  positive !!!   you really don't think i'm capable of coming up with a nefarious scheme like that, now, do you?  besides, i'm pretty sure  i was napping, it couldn't have been me.   maybe it was nana,   she's always plotting something.

Now now, next thing you know I'll be blamed for being a gremlin too. ROFLOL I'm innocent. I just happen to get the photo evidence.

OK, tell you what. Everyone is innocent babes?  You're ALL on my hit list! (grins)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:22 PM

Nana:
Now Kris fess up.....you are the gremlin.

That's what I get for staying up too late. LOL I will never reveal the gremlin's true identity.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:36 PM

Hi all -  well, have been home for over two weeks now and doing okay.  Still using the walker and will continue doing so for awhile.  I see the surgeon on the 8th of October and am looking forward to how the x-rays look like.  Hopefully it will show some real healing and improvement in the bones.

We have a consult with the radiation oncologist tomorrow - unless he has a very good reason for me to do it sooner, I am opting to wait until after the retreat for the radiation treatment they want to do on the surgery site. They are talking about one huge treatment vs. daily ones for a 7-8 day period.  Personally, I think the massive one just will really knock me on my butt and I am not willing to attempt it.  Like I say we have a consult tomorrow so we will know more.  One of the questions on the intake form ask if you have had previous radiation.  YEAH, BIG TIME!  A total of 93 tx since 1987.

My Oncologist says there are a couple of hot spots showing up on the PET scan so it is time to kick the D%$# cancer  back in the corner again.  Will go back on the oral chemo after the hip/thigh radiation but will be on it one week on/one week off for 6 months.  Back in 2010 it was two weeks on/and one week off and it was for a year.  This should be easier to handle than 2010 was.

It is good to be home - like my DH says, "I left in the summer and got back in the fall."  I certainly hope we have a very long fall as it is my favorite time of the year.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers during this frustrating time.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:40 PM

Marge, I hope all your consults are good.  You've been through so much and it's about time you were able to have some good things happen,  Will continue with the prayers and really looking forward to seeing you in Oregon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:02 PM

Marge

I am praying that your consults go well and that the news is good.   Can hardly wait to see you in Oregon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,060
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:30 PM

Marge P,  good to hear from you.  You sound great.  Good luck on your consult.   I admire you and your upbeat outlook.  You remain in my prayers.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,386
Points 175,253
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:45 PM

Marge, my continued thoughts and prayers are with you.  Good luck on your consult tomorrow.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:01 PM

Marge, my prayer for your health is pretty blunt ...    "Dear Lord, please help the doctors get the damn cancer out!"

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:43 PM

you are in my prayers.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,281
Points 28,970
Agnes replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:45 PM

Marge, good to see you share with all of us about your ongoing health journey.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 7:44 AM

Marge, glad to hear you are feeling better. Prayers are still going your way, in the hopes that with all our prayers together, it will give the treatment the boost to kick that darn cancer out cold! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 2:17 PM

MNnancy:
Marge, my prayer for your health is pretty blunt ...    "Dear Lord, please help the doctors get the damn cancer out!"

Thanks all for the good wishes.  Haven't been on here much since the consult so will bring things up to date.

First of all, Nancy, I love your prayer for me.  I totally agree with you but once the *(^(^ cancer has metastasised, you don't get it out.  it would take a real miracle and it would be wonderful. That being said, I am just thankful that medical technology is able to "knock the cancer back in the corner" like it has done for me thus far.

When we saw the radiologist, it was decided to do 10 tx of 300 rads over a 10 day period.  So after the retreat, we go to Wenatchee to see my Oncologist on the 22nd, then 8:00 AM on the 23rd, I will have the simulator stuff done and probably have a tx that day.  So hopefully by starting the 23rd, we will be done on the 5th of Nov.  We will probably stay in Wenatchee one night a week to break the 200 mile daily round trip up some - perhaps even more.  Just don't know for sure right now.  They will not only do the surgical site but apparently one of the hot spots is on the scapula - right side - and there is pain radiating down to the middle of the right upper arm.  The Dr says that if that is hurting you now, it will be hurting more by the time we get back to Wenatchee.so will simulate it at the same time so it can be treated. So here we go again!

Looking forward to seeing 3 of our 5 kids in Oregon and going to the retreat.  Sure hope the weather is nice although a nice storm on the ocean, as long as I am inside looking out, would be a pretty nice thing to. 8 more days and we will be at the Oregon Coast. :-)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,060
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 2:40 PM

Okay Marge, after hearing what you are up against, my prayers for you are really being amped up to an all time high.   Let's get things knocked back down into the farthest corner from your life.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 4:27 PM

Marge P:
but once the cancer has metastasized, you don't get it out.  I am just thankful that medical technology is able to "knock the cancer back in the corner" like it has done for me thus far.

I'm so glad you will be able to have some fun at our quilt retreat before you have to go back for additional treatments.  So...new prayer..."Please God, help the doctors gain the upper hand in this match by pinning the villainous cancer to the ropes in the corner of the boxing ring!"  

Are you up for this sporting event?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,020
Points 28,490
Ramona replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 4:41 PM

Prayers for you Marge! 

Page 14 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use