Top 10 Posters

Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 12 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:29 PM

I think we were doing chair squats in that picture...ROFLOL (what a horrible picture...delete, please).

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:45 PM

Donna

Dear there are many more in our archives....some even funnier.   All anyone has to do is to go back to Escapees from Leavenworth from last year to view all these neat pics.   That is where I found this one.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:42 PM

Nana,

delete, delete, delete, delete...

(You don't need to remind me...ROFLOL)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:10 AM

Nana:
Dear there are many more in our archives....some even funnier.   All anyone has to do is to go back to Escapees from Leavenworth from last year to view all these neat pics.

With QCA's poor search engine, locating these is not as easy as it sounds, so I've provided a direct link.  You're welcome, Donna!

2012 Leavenworth retreat

(Kind of fun revisiting these pictures)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:01 PM

I am happy to report that  Marge P  is safe and sound and doing very well at her home today.  I spent a pleasant hour or so with her & DH this afternoon.  Plus, I got to meet Marge's daughter...also a very sweet gal!

Marge was resting comfortably in her recliner and looks just great.  She reported that on Sunday she actually took a cruise with her walker through her quilting room and made it all the way around her long-arm.   She also said the trip home (over 100 miles) did not present any problems so that is good news thinking ahead to the Retreat next month (the trip to the Coast will be about 400 miles the 1st day and 100 miles the 2nd day).  She says the passenger seat in their new car is very comfortable and easy for her to get into and out of ... so all of that is a blessing.

She will be starting physical therapy with a local practitioner next week, but that doesn't mean she is resting and not doing anything.  This lady really knows what she needs to do and is doing it!  But, don't worry - she knows the limits and is very careful!

So be assured, Marge P is on the road to recovery - and the 3rd West Coast Retreat!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:34 PM

Go Marge go!  Cheering you on.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Yea Marge, you'll have a big cheering section when you arrive at retreat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,044
gini replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:23 PM

Marge,  welcome home.  One month and i'll be seeing you

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:50 PM

It is so good to hear that you are home.   Marge you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers until I see you next month.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:48 AM

Thanks you Donna for keeping us updated. I had been wondering how things were going with Marge. With her energy and will to get better and stronger, Marge will soon sew circles around us.  You are on the right track Marge. Keep it up!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:12 AM

Donna, what a way to start my day online!  What great news about Marge, you go girl and keep it going!  I can't be happier for you Marge.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:29 PM

Hi all -  Thanks so much for the welcome home messages.  It feels SO GOOD to be home, in my own space and doing what I want to do when I want to do it - in moderation that is!  It was great visiting with Donna B - she brought the most delicious tomatoes and cucumbers.  Sure didn't have that kind of treat at the Rehab center.

Had to go to Omak on Tuesday and four times getting in and out of the car was my limit.  Walking around Safeway was a very tiring challenge but we did it.  I wish I had a good fairy that could put away the stuff into the pantry.  Please don't say DH could do it as it would never  be found again. LOL

Will  be glad when my energy level is back to normal as it is very lacking  but will come in time.  I am still having a problem with random blisters.  Do not know if I was allergic to the Tramadol I was given or it could have been some of the soap/shampoo I used twice.  I had used my Dove and my Nexus shampoo till the last week and tried their soap on a Tuesday.  It seemed to be okay and used it again on Thursday - Friday afternoon, the day  before discharge, I had a rash on my right arm and left hip - then a  blister on my left arm - The blister at 4 PM was like a half inch across - within an hour it was a multiple bunch of blisters - at 6:00 PM they told me to go and take a shower with only water. No soap of any kind.  They then took a sharpie pen and outlined the blistered area and it was 3" at the widest and stretched out for 12" in length.  After the shower, the blisters were gone and the area was just like a huge welt.  Very weird!  It went away pretty much by Saturday - have had blisters pop up on random parts of the body - they itch for awhile and go away.  Have stopped the Oxycodone and the Tramadol and have gone back to the Hydrocodone that I have used for the past 3 years for pain.

Have to go to Omak today to get my INR checked - it has been all over the place and hopefully the guy I see can get it back in therapeutic range.  I had to turn my dose down two nights in a row as it was already too high (4.1) and they were still prescribing it.  I am not a doctor but I am not totally stupid.

I like Donna's reference of me cruising around my long arm - not sure cruising was the correct term but it felt good that I could get around the room and at least look at the stuff I need to do.  Not sure when "Easy Street" will get finished.  Never had a quilt on the machine for this long and it has to get done so I can do something else.

Like I said, it is great to be home and am busy checking out what everyone has been doing.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 4:51 PM

Marge--How wonderful to read your report. The biggest healer is that you are at home. The rest will come in due time but much quicker here than in an institution. Take care of yourself and let Lee papmer you, if that is what you wish.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,640
Quiltless replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:40 PM

So glad you are home, Marge.  I was worried about you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:43 PM

Marge welcome home.  Take it easy and recover before you tackle too much.  Good to see you on here again.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 35
Page 12 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use