Top 10 Posters

Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 10 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:39 AM

Nana:

Nancy

I can remember how quiet Donna was at our first retreat.   We definitely wouldn't have been treated to the lovely "dance" that she did at the second retreat.   I love all my west coast friends and wish I could see them more often.

Oh geesh you two, don't remind me!  I would be happy to "forget' the dance the same as I forget everything else...LOL!   But, believe it or not, I do tend to be on the quiet side until I get to know people.  And I certainly didn't know most of you at that first retreat!  (I have been known to have "foot in mouth" disease on occasion so I do at least try to exercise caution until I have a feel for a person's attitudes and tollerances.)

What an incredible leap of faith it was for everyone to attend that first retreat!!!  I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.  And I love my QCA friends too and wish I could attend more retreats, but it just isn't in the cards for me!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 8:35 AM

a dance at the last retreat?  did I miss something?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:10 PM

Patti:

a dance at the last retreat?  did I miss something?

I don't remember a dance either...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 355
rhondakp replied on Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:19 PM

Keeping her and the family in my prayers.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,953
Points 368,332
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 6:57 PM

Donna B:
I don't remember a dance either...LOL!

Wasn't there a video? LOL

Marge I'm so glad to hear your news is so positive.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 8:23 PM

Kris

There was a video but I don't remember who took it.  I don't remember what the ladies were attempting to show us when the dancing began.   But it sure was fun.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:35 PM

Hi all - just a quick note on the three  appts I have had yesterday and today.  I was surprised to see where they can do mammograms while a person is sitting in a wheelchair.  I had made the appt. Last May so went ahead and did it.  I had to stand up during one view as it was not feeling good with the machine poking too close to the hip in a sitting position.

My oncologist mentioned the one dose of radiation and I asked about having a PET scan first.  She said that we might get false positives in the surgery area.  She then said that we would be able to see from the top of my head to the knee. So we will have a PET scan on 9/14 and see her on 17th. Then we will discuss the pro-con to having a radiation tx.

Today I saw my surgeon and had the stitches removed. He said to stay on the 50% weight bearing for a total of 6 weeks from surgery. That leaves 4 weeks and 2 days but who is counting? LOL He said all looked good and that was  good to hear.  One can't have a PET scan while a resident in rehab - Medicare rule so these appts are being made with the hopeful plan of being out of here in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. Please keep those positive thoughts and prayer's coming my way.  I so appreciate all the messages and am working hard to get the heck out of here. October Oregon Retreat or bust.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660

Marge P:
am working hard to get the heck out of here. October Oregon Retreat or bust.

We're rooting for you Marge. You'll make it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 11:09 PM

Marge

I have been rooting and cheering and praying for you.   Hopefully at least the praying will help.   Bless you..   I so want to give you a big hug.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:24 AM

Marge, It is good to hear from you.  You are certainly sounding good.  I strongly believe that your positive attitude will get you anywhere you want to go just as soon as you get the go ahead sign.  Keep up the good work.  Prayers continue for you.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:59 PM

After all the sad news lately from our QCA Sisters, one piece of good news:  Marge P is progressing wonderfully!

I called her this evening, and she is doing just fine...getting stronger every day.  They haven't told her when she will be released to come home, but it may be within a week to 10 days.  She is walking on her own (with a walker), able to dress herself, and use the bathroom and take a shower by herself.  Those are the major hurtles that the OT wants a person to accomplish before they release them, so it's looking very likely that she will be released soon.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:15 AM

Donna B:
Marge P is progressing wonderfully!

Yes we could use some good news. Glad to hear that Marge, you will be at the retreat in 6 weeks and all that hard work in PT will have paid off!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 1:38 AM

Great news Donna.  We definitely needed some good news for a change.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 6:17 AM

Whoo hoo, Marge.  Great news about her progress.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:51 AM

Marge P:
October Oregon Retreat or bust.

It's good to have a goal to work towards!  Picture your fellow Oregon Retreaters in the stands cheering you on!  Go, Marge, go!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 10 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use