Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 9 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,565
Points 48,825
Frances replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:53 PM

Marge,

Its wonderful to know you are doing so much better.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:54 PM

Marge

It is so good to hear from you directly.  I am amazed at how much better you are doing already.  You keep that up and I may not be able to keep up with you at retreat.   Hugs and prayers friend.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 11:07 PM

I just had a phone call from Marge and it was so good to hear from her.  She sounded wonderful and cheerful and so full of spirit.  I really, really think that she will make it to the Oregon Retreat.  I wish I was a little closer so I could actually go visit, but I have her phone number now and will be able to give her a call.

I was feeling a little tired and down tonight from steam cleaning the carpet today instead of sewing, but she lifted my spirits right up, LOL.  I would think that it should have been the other way around.  Anyway, I can't wait to see her and Lee in October.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:42 AM

marge it is good to hear from you and to learn you are doing so much better.  looking forward to seeing you in oregon

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:01 AM

Marge, it's so good to hear from you and know how well you are doing.  Prayers are still coming your way.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Fri, Aug 16 2013 10:14 AM

Marge--Yipee! Things are looking up for you.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

I just found this thread, I have not been on QCA for awhile, and I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles Marge, but it does sound like you are now on the mend and I look forward to seeing you at the retreat. I'm so glad that you are putting weight on your leg without pain and that the PT is going well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 12:46 AM

It's me again with another Marge report!

I stopped to visit this morning on my way to Oregon...and our Marge is looking very good!  Her normal color has returned and she just looks so much more relaxed.  It's obvious what pain she still has is being well managed.  And she really is in good spirits, you can hear it in her voice!  

I am just so thankful for that surgeon that finally got her leg mending right!!!  What a difference a week can make - it is truly amazing!  

She's hoping to be home in 2-3 weeks so she will have 4 weeks at home to get her fabric ready for the Oregon Coast Retreat!  She has her priorities set...and is already planning what to take...LOL!  

We had a good laugh strategizing now that she can stand up to brush her teeth, the next stage of PT will be standing at her long-arm (for short periods of course)!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:05 AM

Donna

Your report sounds fantastic.  I keep praying that she makes it to retreat.   Even if she has to just set with her leg up all the time and talk with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:26 AM

Donna B:
We had a good laugh strategizing now that she can stand up to brush her teeth, the next stage of PT will be standing at her long-arm (for short periods of course)!

Donna, you came up with that ab workout at the cutting board.  Perhaps you can come up with leg exercises for Marge while she's cutting fabric for her Oregon projects!  Just think what therapy it will be for her to be with all her quilting friends there!  Good times, good laughs!  Actually, it sounds like any number of our group are ready for the laughter therapy!  It's been a tough year for QCA-ers.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:39 AM

Donna, thanks for the great news about Marge.  Marge, you go girl and have a great time at the retreat!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:37 PM

Nana:

Donna

Your report sounds fantastic.  I keep praying that she makes it to retreat.   Even if she has to just set with her leg up all the time and talk with us.

That's my thought too!  She may be pretty tired from the ride...it is a long one from here to there....so she may need to rest up a bit the first day or so.  She has been doing more applique so that will be a good alternative for her.  I believe there was one lounge chair in the "SandBox" Room...or if that doesn't work, I know she is comfortable in the wheelchair she has.  I know her time on her feet will be limited to short periods.

She just needs to feel up to coming!!!  (We can work the rest of the details out...)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 1:53 PM

MNnancy:
Actually, it sounds like any number of our group are ready for the laughter therapy!  It's been a tough year for QCA-ers.

It really has been a tough year for many!  It should make those of us that are anywhere near healthy count our blessings.  Personally, I feel rather ashamed when I whine about my little aches and pains when I think what others are going through.

MNnancy:
Just think what therapy it will be for her to be with all her quilting friends there!  Good times, good laughs!

And isn't this the truth!!!  I think we all need this "together time"!  I just wish more were able to come to a QCA group retreat at least once a year!  The quilting sisterhood is very powerful medicine with the camaraderie, hugs, fun and laughs.  I think that is why us "returnees" look forward to this time so very much each year.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 4:08 PM

Donna B:
I just wish more were able to come to a QCA group retreat at least once a year!  The quilting sisterhood is very powerful medicine with the camaraderie, hugs, fun and laughs.  I think that is why us "returnees" look forward to this time so very much each year.  

You are a good advocate for this!  I remember how quiet you were online until you attended that first retreat.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 17 2013 5:34 PM

Nancy

I can remember how quiet Donna was at our first retreat.   We definitely wouldn't have been treated to the lovely "dance" that she did at the second retreat.   I love all my west coast friends and wish I could see them more often.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 9 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.