Top 10 Posters

Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 5 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 8:44 AM

Many hugs and prayers coming your way Marge.  God Bless You!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,287
Points 29,075
Agnes replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:07 AM

Marge--Great to hear from you personally. That in itself is a good sign. Take all the time you need to get well and strong. The rest of life will wait. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:18 AM

Marge, So good to hear from you! My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time and for your DH, too. You are an amazing women! And an inspiration to all of us.   Hugs, Susan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 12:44 AM

I made it to Wenatchee today and had a nice visit with Marge.  She is doing great and has the best spirit and a great positive attitude.  And let me tell you, she is keeping that staff on their toes...no doubt about it!  She is so sweet about it, but she knows what she needs and is suppose to have medically and when she is suppose to have it...and if they don't deliver it on time she lets them know that they better get it to her on time -  if it it is due now, it better be here NOW!  I just love her !!!  

She has the cutest male nurse you ever saw...and she has him wrapped around her little finger...lol!  She even talked him into autographing the dressing he applied to her incision last night...too funny!  I took her a big bowl of fresh raspberries and he kept sneaking in for a couple every few minutes.  He's so cute, who could complain!  

Talk about eye candy...

Marie, you missed him!  (Oh shoot, I should have taken a picture - Marge and her 'boy-toy" - LOL!!!)  

He really was a very nice young man and was so sweet to Marge...he deserved every raspberry he took from that bowl.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 1:40 PM

Donna B:
he is doing great and has the best spirit and a great positive attitude.  And let me tell you, she is keeping that staff on their toes...no doubt about it!  She is so sweet about it, but she knows what she needs and is suppose to have medically and when she is suppose to have it...and if they don't deliver it on time she lets them know that they better get it to her on time -  if it it is due now, it better be here NOW!

Marge, so good to hear you are so positive - that is so important to quicker recovery.  I also love your attitude about getting what you need on time.  I had similar rehab problems as you have had this time.  I was admitted to the rehab (local nursing home) on Friday afternoon at shift change (without the prescriptions for the meds I needed.  I never got the muscle relaxer I needed, but finally was given something stronger than Tylenol for the pain.  They had to "borrow" some from another patient until mine got there)!  Also, I was scheduled for a shower on Friday mornings, so went a full 10 days without getting really cleaned up after my knee replacement a few years ago.  They had only 2 "rehab" rooms at the time and both were occupied, so I was put in the wing  with the "rowdies".  They constantly pushed their signal buttons, had TV's on loud, and "partied" in each other's rooms.  The aides ignored my needs because they were used to ignoring the constant "wind-chimes" that came from my area.  That was the sound of the constant different sounding bells from their rooms.  I never got my medication on time and forget the bathroom!!!  It is a wonder I didn't have an accident.  I learned to get myself to the bathroom on my own long before I was to even use the walker!!  Please don"t try that yourself!

Keep that staff on their toes as you are doing now, and don't do anything foolish like I did.  Luckily I didn't land on the floor when I went solo!  Prayers coming your way, and keep up that positive attitude.  I am sure someone will get you something to keep your hands busy, but probably you will need to sleep instead.  Rehab isn't restful.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 2:21 PM

Marge,

God bless honey and lots of hugs coming from across the pond.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 6:50 PM

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.  I may be here 6-8 weeks which seems like a very long time but will take it a day at a time.

Marsha - sounds like your Re-hab was a nightmare and I am making myself be known - so far it is going well,much different than the first two days.  they have Social workers and other folks that check and see how things are going and whether or not you are getting what you need.  I have not been nasty but have been assertive as I KNOW WHAT I NEED and WHEN I NEED IT!  They stopped the Lovanox shots in the tummy as my INR is where it should be - can now have dark greens whereas I couldn't before so that part is coming together.

Marie - I wish I could share a picture of my "boy-toy" that Donna B was telling you all about..  He is tall, dark and handsome - en engaging grin and a great sense of humor.  He has taken extremely good care of the weeping wound that resulted when the Surgeon tore off a large piece of tape that included my SKIN.  It is doing so well and he is gone for a few days but he got it to a great place before he left. His name is Schyuler (Skyler) and will be taking his RN test in a few days.  I would like to clone him.

Need to get off of here - back in a day or two.  Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers - 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:41 PM

Marge, you don't have to clone him,, sounds like one of that description would be enough for me.  Just send him to me in MA.  Can't wait!

Stay well, my friend.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:45 PM

Marge,  It is great to hear from you.  I am so glad that your rehab is going well now. Keep up the good work.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Marge, how great to hear you sounding in good spirits. You keep those people on their toes. Your boy toy sounds really yummy.

Hugs and love and looking forward to sharing Neil Diamond on the beach in Oregon. You will make it.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jul 20 2013 6:56 PM

Marge P:
Marie - I wish I could share a picture of my "boy-toy" that Donna B was telling you all about..  He is tall, dark and handsome - en engaging grin and a great sense of humor.  He has taken extremely good care of the weeping wound that resulted when the Surgeon tore off a large piece of tape that included my SKIN.  It is doing so well and he is gone for a few days but he got it to a great place before he left. His name is Schyuler (Skyler) and will be taking his RN test in a few days.  I would like to clone him.

Marie, I made a quick stop yesterday to visit Marge on my way to Oregon...to drop off more raspberries for her (and Schyuler) and also hoping to take a picture of Marge's "boy-toy"...lol.  But, sadly I found out from Marge that he was on vacation for a few days.  I'm still hoping to be able to stop again when he is on duty on our way home.  

How can I let all our "hot QCA-babes" (including Marie) down!!!   (There is still hope for pictures!   In fact, if they end up keeping Marge 6-8 weeks, you are almost guaranteed pictures...LOL!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,243
Marie replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 8:15 AM

Donna B:
How can I let all our "hot QCA-babes" (including Marie) down!!!  

Donna, I'm waiting with bated breath!!!!!!!!!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 6:07 PM

Marie:

Donna B:
How can I let all our "hot QCA-babes" (including Marie) down!!!  

Donna, I'm waiting with bated breath!!!!!!!!!  :  )

Well, it was hot alright (100+ degrees) in Wenatchee when we came through Thursday on the way home, but Skylar was still absent (either still on vacation or not on duty yet) as we were there around noon and his shift starts around 2 pm.  

Marge is looking good and getting stronger, but of course now that she is they are working her harder with the PT and OT to get her ready to return home.  She was looking pretty tired when I dropped in!  I brought her a Sister Outdoor Quilt Show poster for her collection.

Marie, don't despair...I expect Marge will still be in the Rehab center at least another 2-3 weeks, so I will most likely be down to see her at least one more time before she is released.  I will definitely plan for that visit to be in the afternoon, so I can get a picture of Marge and her "boy-toy"...LOL!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:28 PM

Donna,  Is the fire anywhere near you? I heard from my daughter that it was somewhere near Wenatchee.   Be safe every one please.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:30 PM

Ginny:

Donna,  Is the fire anywhere near you? I heard from my daughter that it was somewhere near Wenatchee.   Be safe every one please.    Ginny

There is a fire about 15-20 miles southeast of Wenatchee...where Marge is right now (in the Rehab facility).  Where Marge P & I live (in the Methow Valley) is another hundred miles northwest of there.  Patti lives about 50 miles northeast of us- a little closer to Wenatchee, but not much.

We are having a thunder storm right now, but haven't seen any lightening - probably because it's still daylight.  It has been so hot,dry and windy, we all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!  And, if we see smoke we start yelling and get on the phone FAST!  

Someday ask me to tell you about the time DH, DS1, and I ended up being the first on site (for about 3 hours) to put out a wildfire near DS1's house.  Now that was scary!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use