Top 10 Posters

Marge P needs your T's & P's!

Page 4 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:14 AM

Marge, more prayers for you and Lee, too. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:49 AM

Donna--you are great to keep us updated with Lee's and now Marge's help. She has not left my thoughts and will remain there long after she is hale and hearty.

Marge has had a long battle with cancer. I'll leave her to give you all the details but I believe the first cancer was breast cancer, detected and treated some 30 years ago. Cancer is an awful disease and just keeps migrating to find new homes. 

I think the sewing machine might be too much for her, because of the pain in that area that I am sure is there. However she very much also enjoys hand embroidery. She has made daughters and granddaughters towel of the week tea towel sets in very recent years. Maybe Lee just needs to take her the stack of books she had ready for reading and she just relies on the therapy for now. The long surgery she had to endure will keep her very tired for some time.

Best to you, Marge, Lee and your family as they surround you to help you get better.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:57 AM

Agnes:
I think the sewing machine might be too much for her, because of the pain in that area that I am sure is there. However she very much also enjoys hand embroidery.

As soon as things settle down for her in rehab I plan to make a trip to visit her.  I was thinking of taking her some hand work.  I know she also has been enjoying needle turn applique since having a mini class with Gini at our last Leavenworth Retreat.  I'll have to get together with Lee and see if there is a project in her sewing room that I can gather up for her.  (I know, that may be dangerous!) Otherwise, I will put something together to keep her mind and hands busy...lol!

It was sooo good to hear her voice last night and know she is on the mend!

Agnes:
Marge has had a long battle with cancer.

Agnes, thanks for correcting me and filling in some of the background.  I know she has had a very long struggle and has handled it with an amazing amount of grace and fortitude. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 12:11 PM

Donna--I wasn't really correcting you. I was just adding to it. She has had three bouts. You spoke of the last two.

I just had a call from her. Her spirits are fantastic. She's wishing she had stuck with her original plan to sew on some bindings by machine on Sun. Then she could have them brought to her for the hand stitching. I told her hindsight was always better than foresight.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:53 PM

Agnes:
Donna--I wasn't really correcting you. I was just adding to it. She has had three bouts. You spoke of the last two.

Agnes...LOL...no offense taken, just my terminology!

Maybe I will see if she will trust me to sew on her binding so she can have it to hand stitch. Hmmmmm  We will see....

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,338
Points 30,455
Agnes replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 4:48 PM

Donna B:
Maybe I will see if she will trust me to sew on her binding so she can have it to hand stitch. Hmmmmm  We will see....

I think Lee suggested something to that effect but I would make sure to check with her first. On the phone she was talking about having her crocheting that she could have brought in for hand work.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jul 12 2013 10:57 PM

I just got off the phone with Marge.   She is sounding better every time I talk to her!  They gave her a blood transfusion last night as her hemoglobin level was down and ended up delaying her transfer to Rehab today...choosing to keep her one more night in the hospital for observation.  But, she is doing well and feeling as well, if not better, than can be expected.  She should be moving to the Rehab Facility (in Wenatchee, WA) tomorrow...a move of about one mile...and will be there 7-10 days with at least 4-5 rehab sessions each day.  So, they will be keeping her very busy!   After the rehab, a little  reading and checking online will be about all she will be able to manage - in fact, she will probably be pretty worn out each night!  

If anyone is interested in sending Marge P a get-well card, pm me and I will give you her address at the Rehab Center.  As I said, she will be there for the next 7-10 days. (Sukochi, I will be taking your card to her early next week!)

Also, she is on facebook, so you can friend her there and give her your good wishes (last name: Prewitt).

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 6:46 PM

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for all the thoughts and prayers. Rough road ahead and they all will be being used.  Am in Re-hab and one does not come in here on a weekend at shift change - got lost in the cracks and it was not a good scene.  Things are progressing today (Sunday was minor meltdown day!) but have an advocate through the clinic that I think will be fantastic.

Brief history on my Br CA-1987 lumpectomy with 35 radiation treatments in Wenatchee - came down most every day by self (185 mile round trip)  and went back to work at Mental Health for 1/2 day - do same thing next day.  Very stupid and do not recommend. I was also a lot younger - like almost 50 and now I am almost 76.

Br Ca metasticized to lower spine and had 16 radiation in 1996.  DH did not allow me to drive that time except one time when I cried and begged him to let me go by myselt.  With Neil Diamond on the stereo, I had a great day1 :-)

January  2010 - cancer at three sites C1-3, T8-9 and left hip.  14 sessions on each site and it took like 18 days - started out one site, then all three until all had been covered with 14 individual treatmetns. I did not drive!

So I have been radiated up the gazoo but it has bought me time.  I have been very fortunate to have had such a long history of BrCA as depending on the type of Br CA, some are not so lucky. I have Estrogen Positive Receptors and that is good.

I am tuckered out - only go on computer when DH is here to set it up etc.  Will be busy with re-hab so probably won't be on very often.

I appreciate the "ladies in waiting" for the retreat.  Had planned so see Karla the end of the month in NV but we have cancelled those reservations. :-(

Thanks again for the wonderful wishes. I truly appreciate them.  Thanks Donna for keeping everyone informed.  Agnes - will have to wait on emails for awhile but willl get back to them.

Marge

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:02 PM

So good to hear from you Marge.  I hope things go swimmingly for you since the weekend melt-down.  Will keep you in my prayers.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:20 PM

You sound good, Marge. Keep on keepin' on. Prayers UP!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 7:34 PM

Marge

It is so good to hear from you.  You will remain in my prayers.  You are sounding very positive and that is so good.  Big hugs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 9:52 PM

It is good to hear from you Marge.  The prayers will keep coming.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:08 PM

Marge, I'm really sorry your trip to Reno at the end of this month was cancelled, I was looking forward to our hubbies meeting, but I guess that will have to wait until October at the retreat.  You take care of yourself so that doesn't get cancelled too.  And tell Lee, to take care of himself, too, sometimes being a caregiver can be as stressful as that of those being cared for.

Will continue to keep you in our prayers,

Karla

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Mon, Jul 15 2013 10:10 PM

Marge, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this very though time. I just got home a few days ago and am going through all the pages I usually look at.  I hope that with our prayers we will be able to help you through your rehab. Big quilty hug to you and Lee. I

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 12:13 AM

Marge,

it was really good to see your post in my email this evening. I will continue to pray for you.

Page 4 of 15 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use