rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:08 AM

Sukochi:
Donna, If I sent a card for her, to you, could you get it to her?

Sure Sukochi...very thoughtful of you.  You have my PO box #?

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:17 AM

I do not. PM me.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,274
Points 28,890
Agnes replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:56 PM

Donna---Thanks for relaying the message for me specifically. I had a feeling that something was amiss in her household when I didn't have my regular email from her. I was going to wait till tomorrow to call but now I can spring into action  with some mail and not wait to call. Probably wouldn't be getting an answer even if I called.

Glad her niece was there immediately. My thoughts and prayers for her and Lee are on the way.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:31 PM

Oh No!  Praying!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:23 PM

Agnes:
Donna---Thanks for relaying the message for me specifically.

Agnes, so glad you logged on to see this!  Marge was really concerned that you know what had happened.  

No new news this morning...  I will try calling Lee again this afternoon, but he may be down in Wenatchee and not available.  

Being an EMT professional, their niece is very careful (as she should be) about privacy and giving personal information only with specific consent.  I left a message for Lee last night, asking if it was OK with him & Marge to have niece release info to me  - but, I don't know if he has gotten the message yet or has had a chance to talk to his niece.

I will let you all know if/when I have any new info...keep saying those prayers!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:34 PM

Oh I'm sorry to hear about marge's fall. Praying that her leg will heal quickly so she can up and about real soon. 

Donna, Thanks for keeping us updated.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 587
Points 9,320
Joyce replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:31 PM

I don't really know Marge but will be praying for her.  Hope things aren't as bad as it seems. 

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

MargeP and her family are in my T&P

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:44 PM

UPDATE:  Marge had surgery this afternoon to place a rod in her femur.  

I haven't heard yet, but she should be out of surgery by now.

Keep those thoughts and prayers coming.  I know Marge, Lee and family will truly appreciate it!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:49 PM

My DD2 had that done about 6 years ago when she snapped her femur, but because she is a mail carrier on her feet all of time and hopping in and out of the delivery vehicle they had to replace it with a stronger rod a few years later.  She does just fine and has healed well, although she says it bothers her in the winter time when it is so cold out, but she had this done when she was 30 years old...and that will probably make a difference in the amount of healing time and recuperation.  My prayers are that Marge's bone will regenerate quickly and that she'll be back on her feet in no time.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Prayers going up for marge.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:02 PM

Wow, how terrible for Marge.  I have never met her and don't remember seeing her on here but can't emphasize.  My 38 yr old DS broke his femur at age 7 and it was a long 2 months, so I can only imagine how long recovery will be for her.  T&Ps going her way. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:14 PM

Karla:

My DD2 had that done about 6 years ago when she snapped her femur, but because she is a mail carrier on her feet all of time and hopping in and out of the delivery vehicle they had to replace it with a stronger rod a few years later.  She does just fine and has healed well, although she says it bothers her in the winter time when it is so cold out, but she had this done when she was 30 years old...and that will probably make a difference in the amount of healing time and recuperation.  My prayers are that Marge's bone will regenerate quickly and that she'll be back on her feet in no time.

Karla, my major concern for Marge is the bone's ability to regenerate back around the rod. I have read that irradiated bone is weak during treatment, but that it regains its strength once treatment is ended.  Do any of you retired RN's know if this statement is correct?

My biggest wish is to keep her healthy, on her feet and mobile!   

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:06 AM

Donna

I can't answer your question about irradiated bone.  Didn't work with those patients.   Marge will remain in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:18 PM

Happened on this thread by accident but I am sending get well vibes to a fellow quilter

XX

Page 2 of 15 (217 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use