TrueCut rotary blade sharpener

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
visible Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 9:33 AM

Has anyone hands on experience with the TrueCut rotary blade sharpener by Grace?

Have a box full of dull blades and need a sharpener that really works.

Tried the hand held twirly gadget to little success.

Thank you

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:52 AM

I started a thread about this about 2 weeks ago - here are the link to that thread

https://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/3873/54909.aspx#54909

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:02 AM

Althea

Have you tried yours yet? 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:04 AM

It was back ordered and I got notice that it was shipped on the 18th - so should be at my home when I get home!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55
visible replied on Mon, Feb 22 2010 4:48 PM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm new to the forums.

I have ordered the TrueCut rotary blade sharpener through Keepsake Quilting and with shipping it is $37.98.

Ever optimistic, I am.

Beverly as Visible

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:32 PM

Beverly, I have ordered one too and it should be at my home when I get home tomorrow - well late tomorrow - I most likely will not look at it until saturday or sunday...lol... I hope they work ... I am every optimistic too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:02 PM

Okay - it finally got here - lol - yesterday - and I tried it out and it seems to work very well... i showed it to DH and he says that idea is sound... you just roll your rotary cutting blade through it as though you were cutting fabric... now I didn't have a real dull blade in my rotary cutter but since I do have some dull blades in the little yellow thingie I will get one of them out and try one out later today - you can see on the blade where it looks again like brand new...

so I give this sharpener an A for now and may upgrade that to an A+ later after I put a real dull blade back in the cutter to try it out on!  But it is easy to use!  and that is great!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,952
Points 368,312
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 28 2010 1:18 AM

Thanks for the review Thea. Do you think the sharpener will last a long time?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:26 PM

Thea:

Okay - it finally got here - lol - yesterday - and I tried it out and it seems to work very well... i showed it to DH and he says that idea is sound... you just roll your rotary cutting blade through it as though you were cutting fabric... now I didn't have a real dull blade in my rotary cutter but since I do have some dull blades in the little yellow thingie I will get one of them out and try one out later today - you can see on the blade where it looks again like brand new...

so I give this sharpener an A for now and may upgrade that to an A+ later after I put a real dull blade back in the cutter to try it out on!  But it is easy to use!  and that is great!

Thea, after 2 years what is your opinion of the sharpener? 

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:27 PM

Thea:

Thea, after 2 years what is your opinion of the sharpener? 

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:55 PM

I still love mine - It works fantastic.  But I have heard from others that they didn't like it - the only difference I found from mine is when I rec'd it - I just pulled the cardboard out - I didn't lossen the screws - they undid the screws and then when they tightened it back up the sharpener did not seem to work as well.  I have though had DH undo mine and clean the stone in it and tighten it back up - it sharpens blades very nicely.   I don't have to buy blades near as often.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 590
Yes, I have one and it sure has saved me on purchasing blades as often. Although, if you have knicked or bent blades, you shouldn't use them in the sharpener. I like mine. I got it as a gift for Christmas, and it only takes 30 seconds.

Blessings,

Pat F, Jamestown, NY

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use