Top 10 Posters

Printer advice

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 35
Meachmom posted on Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:09 PM

I am in the market for a new printer and would like to get one that is good for printing photos on photo fabric.  Does anyone have any advice on the best printer for this? 

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

My HP seems to work well for this, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:49 AM

I have HP as well, and have liked that, however there is one that does better.  A friend has a printer that will print in better color.  The same photos will look faded going through my printer compared to hers.  I will find out later this week what she has.  Maybe I can print the same photo on both and post a picture of the two of them later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,482 Posts
Points 417,139
gini replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:52 AM

Hi me ach mom, I don't know anything about printers, but welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,592 Posts
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:05 PM

I have both an HP and a Kodak and both do a pretty good job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

I have a fairly new HP All-in One that I am basically happy with, but recently found out that it and other new HP printers no longer can print custom sizes.  It's a feature that you don't use often, but if/when you need it, you really need it!  I recently was investigating Inklingo...a site for printing on fabric for hand piecing hexagons, etc....but found without custom sizes, you waste  fabric.  Now I am debating: do I forego Inklingo, buy another new printer, or settle for wasting fabric?  (BTW, I checked with HP Cust. Svc and there is no work-around and no available replacement drivers.  She noted the need, but had no solution for me at this time.)

So, if that is a possibility for you, I would be sure your new printer has the capability for printing custom sizes. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
936 Posts
Points 15,850

I have used Lexmark Inkjet printers for the past 8-10 years and have made 5 photo quilts for DGK's Graduation quilts and have been very happy with them.  i have always used the Printed Treasure paper backed fabric sheets.

I need to make another one this year and just found out that Lexmark is no longer making Inkjets - are going strictly to Laser.  I asked the Sales Rep if the laser would work and she said NO!  I already had known that but figured maybe it had been a new advancement.

So my present Lexmark has been having problems communicating with some websites so I have been checking out other types.  Costco seems to have mostly HP's and they are inkjets - will also check out the Canon.

Hate knowing that the Lexmark's will be history as they have been great and I have printed many, many pages through them.

Good luck in your search.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use