QCA Site Migration

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,815
QCA Admin Posted: Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:03 PM

Hi - we do apologize for all the problems.  We just received an update the site migration should be complete by September 30th.  We are doing everything we can to move the site to a new platform.  We are also working on some new functionality for you with the new site which we are very excited about!  In the meantime, please be sure to follow us on Facebook and email to get all the updates.  After you "like" us, you will need to hover over the "Liked" button under the banner at Facebook.com/QuiltersClubofAmerica and select "show in news feed".

thank you for all your patience and support!!

QCAKristi 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 4:47 PM

Patience??? Have you even been reading what the members are saying?/ I highly doubt it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:29 PM

QCA Admin:

Hi - we do apologize for all the problems.  We just received an update the site migration should be complete by September 30th.  We are doing everything we can to move the site to a new platform.  We are also working on some new functionality for you with the new site which we are very excited about!  In the meantime, please be sure to follow us on Facebook and email to get all the updates.  After you "like" us, you will need to hover over the "Liked" button under the banner at Facebook.com/QuiltersClubofAmerica and select "show in news feed".

thank you for all your patience and support!!

QCAKristi 

I had "liked" QCA on facebook and clicked on the "show in newsfeed" link many months ago!!!  However, I still never received any notice of this shutdown via facebook or email.  I hope you realize that your membership has reached the breaking point.  It appears now that many of our comments on the QCA facebook page this last weekend have been removed...including my specific comment to QCA Admin as to why I did not renew my Premium Membership when it expired in May 2013.  (You might guess that weekends like this last one are that reason...and you would be right!)  

If you recall (and I am sure you do), QCA told us last December 2012...that this "migration" would be taking place before the end of 2012.  We never were informed if the migration had occurred (or not)...but left to wonder.  Now we are being told it "should be completed by September 30th"???...  May we ask in what year???  (Sorry for that, but... This has been going on much, much too long!  Do you realize what you are doing to a group of formerly very loyal clientele?  You are driving us away!  Many of us are now seriously looking to alternative means of communicating with one another.  

You WERE the best available, but you are quickly losing that position.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705

[Edited and original comment deleted.]

I certainly didn't mean to be negative.  I like QCA.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:36 PM

Quiltless, You go girl!!!

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:34 PM
·              This is what I found, tired to pst this in to places but it did not show up. Had links. 
                          Registrant:
·                                        Crafts Media, LLC
·                                        54 Court
·                                        Winterset, IA 50273
·                                        US

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 730

you said that very well - I hope they are listening!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:08 AM

Wow!

I know there have been ongoing problems with this site, but I did not know that it warranted such venom.  I do know that QCA has always offered to make refunds to those who are dissatisfied.

Yes I also get frustrated when the site does not operate as it should, but it is still the best social quilting media around.  I signed up for another year some months ago.  I will stick with QCA to the bitter/better end.  If at the end of this membership I'm still unhappy I will definitely chose another site...but with much regret as I have learned so much, made many friends and just so enjoyed sharing with all.

Until spring 2014!   I'm hopeful that soon we will all be back to our happy selves and chatting away as before on QCA.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 7:37 AM

I think the bitterness comes mostly from the lack of communication.  Things are easier to deal with if we just know what is the problem and what is being done about it.   None of the issues that have come up these last two years with the site were this bad or as frequent as before.  

QCA Liz was always responded quickly.   I think QCA Mandi would do the same, but my guess is that her responsibilities have increased so much that she is unable to check with us, and on our problems as quickly as desired.  I worked for a company that was bought out by a much larger company, and they continually added tasks without giving us the time to complete them.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

zoetc49:

·              This is what I found, tired to pst this in to places but it did not show up. Had links. 
                          Registrant:
·                                        Crafts Media, LLC
·                                        54 Court
·                                        Winterset, IA 50273
·                                        US

That address should be 54 E Court Ave.  and the company there is a Fons and Porter Love of Quilting.  It's the street address for a physical store..  Below is the google street view.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

GAH.  I keep trying to post the other information that is posted for that location, but the post won't go through.  There is a phone number and email address.  If you just google the complete address, it shoudl come up for you..

Crafts Media, LLC · 54 East Court Avenue · Winterset, IA 50273 · US

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Joni:

Wow!

I know there have been ongoing problems with this site, but I did not know that it warranted such venom.  I do know that QCA has always offered to make refunds to those who are dissatisfied.

Yes I also get frustrated when the site does not operate as it should, but it is still the best social quilting media around.  I signed up for another year some months ago.  I will stick with QCA to the bitter/better end.  If at the end of this membership I'm still unhappy I will definitely chose another site...but with much regret as I have learned so much, made many friends and just so enjoyed sharing with all.

Until spring 2014!   I'm hopeful that soon we will all be back to our happy selves and chatting away as before on QCA.

Joni, I am in agreement with you. But I don't have the same frustrations as some because I don't spend as much time on here as most do.  I have met so many wonderful friends here that I would be greatly saddened if everyone umps sip. I would miss everyone greatly.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:41 AM

So is the site owned by Fons and Porter?  I looked up who ownes this site and the other was what came up on the website ownership reg. Got me???

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I meant to say jumps ship, not umps sip!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705

Deleted.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use