Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:50 PM

debbie, they were still posting on facebook, and they knew they were doing this,  they could have told us they were switching over and there could be some glitches during the transition. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,335

Hi - we do apologize.  The site went down and I tried to go in and comment but the site was down and it wouldn't let me.  We will do a better job of keeping Facebook updated.  Thank you,

QCAKristi  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,335

Thank you.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,335

Thank you, that's exactly what happened.  I couldn't get signed in to comment.  

QCAKristi 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

I recently renewed so I could still get QNNTV, however that is lacking anymore too. So very annoying. I'll be suprised if there is a QCA to renew next year. At least I will get Easy Quilts for the year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Oh everyone is here i thought i had lost you all forever,   I missed everyone went to facebook  on the QCA site saw a few of you there, that helped, but not the same Girls we are going to have to have a back up plan ready for when this site goes down for good

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 5:23 PM

Where there's a will, there's a way. We will figure this out.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:19 PM

Kristie, I don't mean to sound ungrateful but the rest of us managed to get on facebook.  all we are asking  for is some respect. and this has just not been very important the past few months ,I'm sorry if I feel this way but after so many times of not being able to get on, post being lost and ETC, I think we deserve a little . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 638
Points 11,010
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 8:06 PM

I have been on other sites that have gone down, they also post on Face book to let everyone know what is going on. It does not take a lot of time to just say, " Hey, we are sorry the site is having maintenance issues and we hope to be up and running in 24- 48 hours."   

I will not follow others to Facebook as I don't like that website, but I did take time to look over there and saw the "talk" and knew the site was down. I thought it was my computer as first.

I am not a paying member here and I don't know what the benefit is to being a paid member. Most sites earn money if you click on the advertisement, even if you don't buy anything.

Now, if someone on here wants to start there own quilt website, let us all know so we can be on both sites ~ for now, anyways  : )  

I am glad everyone is back. I did miss reading your post even if i don't post a lot.  

also found it looks like this site is owned by :  I found the link to this, but this site is preventing them from showing up.

·                                        Registrant:
·                                        Crafts Media, LLC
·                                        54 Court
·                                        Winterset, IA 50273
·                                        US

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 744
Points 14,360

I'm not on Facebook- probably one of very few people- but if everyone here is going to switch to Facebook, I'll join. I missed reading about everyone's adventures and seeing all the beautiful quilts. I decided long ago that I won't renew my paid QCA membership when this one expires in August. I can do without the magazine, the 10% discount at Joann's is hardly ever any good since I get their coupons, I've never done anything with QNN.... Guess I really don't need to spend the money!  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:17 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

I'm not on Facebook- probably one of very few people- but if everyone here is going to switch to Facebook, I'll join. I missed reading about everyone's adventures and seeing all the beautiful quilts. I decided long ago that I won't renew my paid QCA membership when this one expires in August. I can do without the magazine, the 10% discount at Joann's is hardly ever any good since I get their coupons, I've never done anything with QNN.... Guess I really don't need to spend the money!  

Hey, Carol, here's another Carol who does not want to be on Facebook - I tried it once, because my DGD asked me to, but  the first  messages that came were so offensive, I tried to cancel right away, and took a while, but finally got it taken off.  Still, when someone sends me to facebook (like on the animal rescue site to see the videos), they still have my address on there.  It's too invasive, I refuse to be    coerced in something that I don' t want because QCA can't get their act together.  I'll sure miss it and you all, but I survived before I found it, and will continue to do so!!  Haven't completely given up on this yet, but won't renew if something doesn't improve soon, and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:25 PM

QCA Admin:

Thank you, that's exactly what happened.  I couldn't get signed in to comment.  

QCAKristi 

Is QCA the only way you can communicate with customers? What about those who don't use Facebook? You have our email addresses that you use to send out newsletters and renewal notices. 

Poor excuse, in my opinion.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 245
Debi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:31 PM

I was beginning to think they took my membership back.  LOL  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:23 PM

Debbie-do:
Nancy, you scared my barr! She jumped right up onto the dashboard when she heard you growl.

Cute bear, Debbie!  I love T-bears!  Don't let a patrol bear ticket you for obstructed vision!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:54 AM

Debbie-do:

1. just a thought here but ... if the servers were down how would they have written an email to all of us to let us know ?

That's a fair point, Debbie-do, but when my bank or another company I use regularly is going to be off-line for a while for maintenance (and switching to a new platform is maintenance) they post a bulletin on the site well ahead of time announcing when and why they are going to be down and when they expect to be back online.   QCA Admin could do that for us.

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use