July Patio Party

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,029
Points 13,065

One of our all time favorites is spaghetti salad. Serves a lot of people and breaks from the traditional pasta salad. 

Spaghetti Salad

1 box angel hair pasta (cooked but still a little firm)

1 cup grated parmesan 

1 regular bottle of Wishbone Italian dressing

1 cup each of diced onions, bell peppers, firm tomatoes (can add zucchini or any firm vegetable of your choice)

1 can chopped black olives

cook spaghetti as above, rinse in cold water and drain well. Add remaining ingredients and toss well. Refrigerate overnight for a more robust flavor but can be eaten right away. Kids love this because of the spaghetti. This is a great potluck dish and a make ahead dish. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:47 AM

MNnancy:
Gee, Patti, I can think of a few more of us who would enjoy dinner at your place. When will the invite be issued?

anytime you are in town!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 10:34 AM

Okay I'm gonna share my sweet  tea recipe with Y'all   now some of you have had it so y'all know it really good

now take you tea kettle and fill just alittle over 1/3 full of water ,Bring to a boil

then take 3 Luzianne  family size tea bags (has to be this kinda tea) an place in the water to seep for about 20 mins.

as soon as you put in the teabags to water ,add 1/4 teaspoon of baking Soda (have to do this )

after your tea is ready, pour into a gallon jug  add 11/3 cups sugar  shake to mix the sugar ,then add the remaining water. let chill for a little bit,  then pour over ice.  Its is fabulous tea .  I call this my Louisiana Sweet Tea.  Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use