Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 9:43 PM

Debi, have you been to country quilts in East Lansing?  Really a nice store.  They have a lot of classes too- if you feel frustrated or lost.  I hope you get your machine soooon.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:40 AM

Hi debi, welcome to the group.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 7,370
Julienne replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 10:03 AM

Hi Debi, Welcome. I am sure that everyone has said something similar here to welcome you and it is all true, so I will not repeat it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It is a great group here.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sat, Jun 29 2013 1:15 PM

Hi Debi!!

Welcome! I'm not on line here as often as some of the others but, I wanted to tell you that you & Ginny should get together! She's a wonderful person and I'm sure she can show you what you should (and shouldn't <grin>) do! I just got to spend several days with her at a retreat and we had a really great time!

If you have a shop close enough to you that offers classes, I highly recommend them! I've been going for about 2 years now and am always learning something new! They're a great resource for skills, networking, and learning about your machine. I'm fortunate enough to have a teacher that is always looking to increase my skills. I also have a sewing & embroidery machine and absolutely adore it! There's so much that it does that I still don't know about yet! Jump in, make mistakes, create some wonderful things, and most of all - don't get discouraged! When in doubt...ASK!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:01 PM

I think I misguided you about the quilt shop in East Lansing.  The name of it is Country Stitches, not country quilts.  I know they have some great lessons there on various things.  They also have teachers that kind of personalize what you are having difficulty with and walk you thru it.   Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 245
Debi replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:07 PM

Ginny, I would have gotten back to you sooner but couldn't get on for a few days.  62 miles west of you.  I'm probably the same distance to Howell that you are.  There were 3 quilting stores on Grand River.  The Stitchery, then Monarch (which is the smallest but my favorite and then there was Creative Quilt Kits in Brighton.  I think that is the one you were talking about closing.  Someone bought their building so they are looking for another place close by.  I don't know if they found it yet or not.  Also while I am playing catch up I saw your post about Country Stitches.  I have been there several times.  Love the store.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:57 AM

Debi, there was another quilt shop that went out of business, it was on a north- south road. It was called Wendy's.  That is where I used to take my quilts to be quilted. A lady came in each week and picked up the quilts and brought them back the following week.  Now she still does that, but stops at other stores for pickups and has others that work for her now. In fact she bought the Wendy's business and moved it to where she lives  in Dexter.  She is very, very reasonable in her prices and does good quality work.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 20,390

Welcome, Debi.  There are lots of beginners (myself included) and lots of very experienced quilters here.  Don't be shy about asking questions.  Everyone is very nice and very helpful and quick to get back to you.  It sounds like you have a great machine and plenty of fabric (though there's always a place for more).. so I look forward to seeing your creations!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:04 AM

Debi:
Hi my name is Debi.

Hello Debi.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use