Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,222
Thea Posted: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:00 AM

Kristin is the moderator for Mailbox surprises and a member of the Round Robin group.

Hi all!  I spoke to Kristin last night!  She called me to talk to me about the neuro transmitter as she didn't want me to be scared about problems with them as she has right now.  I am soon to have a transmitter put in to help me with my pain.

Kristin's neurotransmitter broke a wire - they did not know what was going on but she was having it send pain messages to her brain that there was pain on the right side of her body... when she would turn the transmitter on it would send nasty pain to her for a few minutes - this got worse where the pain was constant on her right side so the transmitter had to be shut off.  

Having it shut down causes Kristin disease to be worse... so they were attempting to reprogram it and for some reason it wouldn't work right they did an x-ray  and discovered  that a wire had broken.  the wire had been attached at a 90' angle which could have caused the problem but they don't know for sure yet - the wires are as small as a hair on your head.

Now they have to do surgery and go in and either put a new transmitter in or somehow find a way to attach this wire so that it doesn't break again.  

Kristin's surgeon is on vacation so they have to wait till he gets back and then they have to do the whole insurance thing which irritates the heck out of me - it isn't her fault the wire broke ... and to me it should be done sooner rather then later - 

but with insurance the way it is she has to wait till all that is figured out - which does not help her right now!!!

What will help is your patience(that Kristin is not answering your posts as quickly as you want and that she is still working on her RR quilt) and your prayers... Please pray for Kristin that they resolve this quickly and that she is up and moving without the problems of her disease or the pain from the transmittter but that she is doing great!

So thank you in advance for all the prayers I know you are going ot say for her... and I apologize if I haven't got it all quite right but I think I got the gist of all the problems but I know that I might have mispoken a little bit but don't let that stop you from praying for Kristin.  Thank you!  And a Big God Bless!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:21 AM

Praying fervently that Kristin's neurotransmiitter problems are quickly alleviated.  Please let her know that we are thinking about her and sending t&p her way.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:32 AM

Kristin, you are in my thoughts and prayers , We love you girl so get well .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Hang in there, Kristin.  You are in my thoughts.  I hate that you're going through this and hope it can be resolved for you soon.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

Kristin, hand in there! Prayers are going up on your behalf.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:13 AM

Thank you Thea for letting us know about Kristin.  She will immediately be in my prayers.   I haven't seen any messages from you in a long time on the regular message streams here, so I had no idea how you were doing either.  I think I should add some special prayers for you too.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,054
Points 170,018
Marie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 9:15 AM

Thea, prayers going up for Kristin right now!  God Bless her and keep her safe and out of pain.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,757
Kris replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:54 PM

She's added to my list.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:11 PM

Kristin, T&P are with you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi All --

I wanted to post that I am going to have a temporary sling put in tomorrow (Friday) until surgery can happen to fix this mess.

The wire that broke is the one that goes into the brain, and additional x-rays have shown that the wire is retracting into the brain.  If it retracts all the way then we'd be talking about much more extensive open-brain surgery then what is needed to replace the broken wire.

The tether will basically "hold" the wire until actual surgery when they will open my skull to remove the broken wire and put a new one in.  The part where the wire is broken is just under the skin and not under the skull so they can put this "tether" on it to hold it until surgery.  It's not going to be comfortable, but I'd rather live with the tether than have to have extensive open-brain surgery to go fishing for the wire if it retracts all the way.

The real surgery is happening July 24.  Between now and then I need to have several things done including mapping the brain again.  That's not a painful procedure, just very long and tedious.

In the meantime, I have no control over my PD symptoms or the pain associated with PD.  I am doing the best I can for now.  My MIL is coming down to help me to get through to surgery.  After the tether goes in I will not be able to drive as I will basically have something that looks like a halo on my head.

Thank you ALL for your T & P.  I am sorry but I will be unable to participate in the Mailbox Surprise Group or Round Robin until after my recovery from the July 24 surgery.  My MIL also is a quilter so she will be finishing the last Round Robin top that I have.  For now, I cannot drive, cannot lift anything > 10 lbs., cannot raise my arms over my head, and cannot take anything but Tylenol for pain . . . Tylenol doesn't cut it . . . at least not for me.

Thanks again for everything . . . Feel free to call, text, skype, facebook, email, or whatever if you care to talk.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:45 PM

Oh, Kristin, I'm adding an extra dose of thoughts and prayers for you.  Take it easy.  I sure hope everything goes well and that you're on the mend soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 784
Points 12,640
Quiltless replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:25 PM

Thinking of you, Kristin.  Hope all is better soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:49 PM

Kristin, I am praying for all to go well with your upcoming surgeries.  It is so good that your MIL can come and help you - and with your quilting too- how wonderful. 

I hope that the Tylenol is at least taking the edge off.  Take care , be good, and follow the Drs and your MIL directions.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,095
Points 14,140
Dawn replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:52 PM

Praying, praying, praying!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,054
Points 170,018
Marie replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:55 PM

Kristin, like Karla I'm adding an extra dose of thoughts and prayers for you.  God Bless you and keep you in his loving arms.  Great big hugs are coming your way.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use