Page 5 of 5 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 65 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,949
Points 125,520

Marie:

It's awesome Judy!  I bet it's sold by now!

Marie, I've just put a few things on Etsy so see what happens. It's been 2 or 3 weeks and nobody even looking.  I don't have any idea of what kind of response Etsy has. When I looked on eBay to see what homemade quilts were selling for I was appalled at the prices which don't even cover cost of fabric. Those that are priced at what they are worth don't seem to even get any bids.

I'm not looking to make a living or profit. But it would be nice to get a few bucks back to buy more fabric to support my obsession. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,320
Points 27,045
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 11:49 AM

My sister and I opened a Etsy shop 3 month ago.  We have each sold one quilt.  My sis was very frustrated at the lack of response also.  There are so many quilts on the site I have found that the title and tags are really important

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,949
Points 125,520

Elizabeth:

My sister and I opened a Etsy shop 3 month ago.  We have each sold one quilt.  My sis was very frustrated at the lack of response also.  There are so many quilts on the site I have found that the title and tags are really important

Thanks Elizabeth. I'm trying to get tags in that I think would be logical if I were doing a search but I rather think I have lots to learn. It's kind of fun though. Only 20 cents to list an item so I'm not out much.

I've made a quilt for a local fundraising auction.. Last year I donated a quilted wall hanging for the auction that brought in about $125. I had some people ask if I'd be willing to make another one for them and I declined. I was nervous about doing a quilt on commission as I'm not real detail orientated and was afraid it wouldn't be acceptable. But this year I'm going to put out contact information at the event.

By the way, anyone in the area is welcome to attend the 2nd Annual GoatAlympics at the Monroe Fairgrounds (east of Everett and Seattle). Saturday, July 6th starting at 10 am. It's a heap of fun. Really. Lots of items on raffle table, lovely tihngs for silent auction. George made a goat and chicken sculpture that is hysterical. And watching the goats of all sizes compete is beyond funny. It supports the New Moon Goat Rescue Farm.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:22 PM

Judy, I'm so surprised it hasn't sold, it's something I would purchase for my GK's if I didn't quilt.

I don't think I've looked at quilts on eBay except for the one time one of our members put one on there.  I'll have to look at both Etsy and eBay and see for myself.

Hang in there with Etsy, maybe it's just the wrong time of the year.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 10:13 PM

Judy

I love your quilt and pillow.   Boy you were quick getting those finished.   Great job.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 7,625
Julienne replied on Sat, Jul 6 2013 12:21 PM

Judy, LOVE the pillow. turned out great. what a great decorator's piece or just a fun piece to have in the house. I love it!!!!!!!!

Julienne - Mid Mo

Page 5 of 5 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use